Weather in Late October?

craigt3365

All I'll say is when I took the Mandalay-Pyin Oo Lwin-Hspiaw trip in January the truck traffic was absolutely chock-a-block and personally I would never recommend anyone to rid a bike on that stretch. That said I do know someone who has and they apparently enjoyed it so each to their own.

Exactly. I was also on that road in January when I went up to Muse for business. Traffic was as you say, absolutely chock-a-block. Driving a car is difficult enough and 2 years ago our car had a head on collision with a truck; luckily nothing much happened, the rear bumper was slightly damaged and the truck driver gave our driver a wad of cash even though I reckon it was our driver's fault.

The way most cars and motorcycles overtake/pass the trucks as they're moving up and down the mountains is absolutely frightening. On my return to Pyin Oo Lwin/Mandalay from Muse, our driver made some pretty hair-raising overtaking moves, but so did the guy we had the previous day on the way up.

I think people like Phuketrichard have been to an entirely different Myanmar/Burma than the rest of us.

I think people like Phuketrichard have been to an entirely different Myanmar/Burma than the rest of us.

US?

dont u mean u and 1 other guy.( who by the way knew someone who did the trip by motorbike an he loved it)

yes i guess i do an thank god for that

as i enjoy myself and love the country;

u did Mandalay to Mu-se in one day? ur driver ( pilot) was flying on those roads>>>>>

LET it go, Craig will do what he wants and ur negative an my positive gives him things to think about

• 2 weeks later...

US?

dont u mean u and 1 other guy.( who by the way knew someone who did the trip by motorbike an he loved it)

yes i guess i do an thank god for that

as i enjoy myself and love the country;

u did Mandalay to Mu-se in one day? ur driver ( pilot) was flying on those roads>>>>>

LET it go, Craig will do what he wants and ur negative an my positive gives him things to think about

Yes, Craig will do what he wants after carefully considering that me and the other guy told him about the reality of driving on those roads - it's OK if you're experienced but certainly not for beginniners!

All the drivers there fly around the roads and yes, it's only a 10-hour drive, a very trivial matter.

One day soon I hope to be able to drive myself - in a car, and hopefully without purchasing an expensive tour, which costs around about 60,000-70,000 Baht for a one week trip. Let's see if AEC 2015 changes things...

The roads in that part of Myanmar are stunning - you are right about that. But of course they also require a lot more skill than riding the flat and straight roads around Mandalay would.

Archived