The queue for immigration this morning.

DavidOxon

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there yesterday and it was the same. I don't understand why over 200 people are showing up in person to file their 90-day reports. The mail-in option is still working very nicely. When I talked with the people at the head of the 90-day queue, most were retirees with nothing better to do with their time. Seriously. I'm a retiree myself, but this isn't my idea of a fun day at the mall. I was there for other reasons.

Come on, folks -- mail in your reports. Let the 200 queue cards available for the day go to those with problems -- like they forgot to file and have to pay a fine or are within a day or two of their due date.

You should have seem the irate younger people later in the day who came to file 90 day reports. People who have to drop children off at school at 8 am and can't be a part of this morning farce.

I know there's a thread already running, but I though someone from immigration might actually see this if it was on the main page. I was there yesterday and there were some serious immigration bigwigs there too, talking with the staff and dining at the Dukes. Not a word or a glance for the poor souls stuck outside all day with no aircon. many of these people are elderly and have poor hearing, the announcements really are a joke. Even I at my tender age struggled to make out what was being called!

Once you're given a number, you don't have to sit around. You can go inside the mall and check back as to where they are in the numbers. You don't have to sit outside all day. I was there last week and there were people showing up in the early afternoon getting numbers for 90 day reporting and still finishing. Renewing your retirement visa was another thing, still need to get a number in the morning and it's still a day long wait. But again, no need to sit outside all day, the mall is airconditioned and the coffee shops inside serve better coffee than the stand outside by immigration.

Why people are sitting outside in the heat and humidity is beyond me. You can't teach old horses new tricks as they say.

As an aside here - how long until the retailers start to complain about all of the elderly farang, some of whom are not terribly well dressed making the place look untidy? Even if they were all well dressed, there's still the issue of that many people being out in an area waiting looking untidy - it would be impossible for them not to.

And to add an edit - there is no way I would be able to stay for any length of time (i.e. more than 10 minutes) out in full sun. It's something a lot of people go to extraordinary lengths to avoid, as the skin doctors tell us we ought. I'm being serious here, I never go out in the sun when it's not absolutely necessary, and my north of England, lily white skin would burn to a frazzle after a few minutes.

My take on today (I see myself in the photo). I arrived at 6:30AM to do my 90 day. The signs designating which queue was for what was an assett. People grabbed chairs that were stacked nearby and settled in. By 7:00AM the number had increased exponentially. A number of Japanese arrived in one big group. Sadly, no one really organized the queue once it got going. For some reason the people chose to line up in the direction of the parking lot. If they had turned the other way they would have been in the shade of the canopies. The mall doors were still chained when I left at 9:45.

Why did I not mail in my report? Because my online application was accepted and pending. Silly me, I actually expected it to work. When I finally saw that it was "pending" into the distant future, it was too late to do a mail in. I also tried, yesterday, going in at 4:00PM as I did at the old office and hoping for instant service. That didn't work either, nor did begging and pleading. They said too many still in line.

Today, they handed out numbers at 8:30am and retirement extensions were soon announced as being full for the day. Not sure about 90 day.

My number was called in at about 9:30, they called three at a time, and they had two ladies processing the paperwork. I was finished in a matter of minutes.

They did announce, "9:30 online queue", etc for those that had an online queue reservation.

There were many people arriving who had no idea of what to do and who were not prepared. Forms are available online. Download them and complete them in advance. Research what copies you need ahead of time. I am probably preaching to the choir here, but many people apparently don't read this or other sites.

Yes, if the online system is still unreliable I will mail in my next report. I have an online queue reservation for Sept 2 and hope it is still recognized as appears to be the case today. As for next years Visa? Any one out there who can predict the future". Best of luck. :)

Hi all

Would someone be kind enough to explain the current procedure for doing a 90 day report (at CM) via mail please. I am sorry, I have honestly no idea!

1. What is the address you send it too?

2. How long in advance of the report date in you passport to you need to post it?

3. I presume the paperwork you send is same as what you would take if you where doing it in person. Passport photocopies, TM 47 etc etc. I am guessing you don't send your passport...but then again I am only guessing....

4. Do you get a reply to let you know everything thing has been excepted?

5. Is it a good idea to send it registered mail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all

Would someone be kind enough to explain the current procedure for doing a 90 day report (at CM) via mail please. I am sorry, I have honestly no idea!

2. How long in advance of the report date in you passport to you need to post it?

3. I presume the paperwork you send is same as what you would take if you where doing it in person. Passport photocopies, TM 47 etc etc. I am guessing you don't send your passport...but then again I am only guessing....

Thanks in advance.

1. See here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

2. You are advised to send it 15 days in advance. I mailed my last one 8 days in advance and it was processed with no problems.

3. See link in #1.

4. You get a bar coded 90 report receipt sent back in the mail (because you provided a self-addressed stamped envelope with your docs.)

5. I've sent mine EMS to Immigration and paid for EMS return on my self-addressed stamped envelope. Recommended.

Turnaround time for me has been consistently 3-4 days.

Hi all

Thanks in advance.

1. See here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

2. You are advised to send it 15 days in advance. I mailed my last one 8 days in advance and it was processed with no problems.

3. See link in #1.

4. You get a bar coded 90 report receipt sent back in the mail (because you provided a self-addressed stamped envelope with your docs.)

5. I've sent mine EMS to Immigration and paid for EMS return on my self-addressed stamped envelope. Recommended.

Turnaround time for me has been consistently 3-4 days.

Thanks for your quick response. I knew there would be a link somewhere.

Maybe something that would be useful is if they would put a notice in the window how to do 90 day mail in and 90 day online reporting though the latter is hit and miss. Perhaps add the QR code to the 90 day report pinned topic. biggrin.png

post-566-0-67136200-1439280031_thumb.jpg

I was there yesterday and it was the same. I don't understand why over 200 people are showing up in person to file their 90-day reports. The mail-in option is still working very nicely. When I talked with the people at the head of the 90-day queue, most were retirees with nothing better to do with their time. Seriously. I'm a retiree myself, but this isn't my idea of a fun day at the mall. I was there for other reasons.

Come on, folks -- mail in your reports. Let the 200 queue cards available for the day go to those with problems -- like they forgot to file and have to pay a fine or are within a day or two of their due date.

You should have seem the irate younger people later in the day who came to file 90 day reports. People who have to drop children off at school at 8 am and can't be a part of this morning farce.

NancyL, I've been saying this for years now. What is wrong with some of these people??? Why can't people mail the damn things in and free the queue for people who NEED to go there for extensions and so forth? I feel no pity for the people sitting in the heat for 8 hours for 90-day reports. None whatsoever.

Some were there at 4am yesterday and still there at 4pm when I left! People in their seventies and in wheelchairs should be shown more respect than to be left out all day like cattle!

for 90-day reports????? 12 hours? Can't someone drop off some photocopied instructions on what documents these people need to report by post? I do feel sorry for the elderly people hard of hearing, in wheelchairs and so forth sitting out in the heat. I realize not everyone is on the Internet.

I would pitch in on the cost of photocopies. I mean they are about 30 Satang each.

Just got back this minute from Immigration - having spent most of the day there renewing my retirement visa.

In 8 years have never seen it soo bad - and I thought this move to Prominada would be a 'new beginning'...silly me!

Welcome to the Zoo Version II

Good Luck to those of you who, like me, HAVE to go there!

Bucklt

Some were there at 4am yesterday and still there at 4pm when I left! People in their seventies and in wheelchairs should be shown more respect than to be left out all day like cattle!

Indeed, this is an example of administrative ineptitude/callous indifference of the first order. An e-mail to General Prayudt' PA is in order here. Anyone have it?

Indeed, this is an example of administrative ineptitude/callous indifference of the first order. An e-mail to General Prayudt' PA is in order here. Anyone have it?

No but it will be the highlight of his Friday night idol chat showpiece I'm told.

As an aside here - how long until the retailers start to complain about all of the elderly farang, some of whom are not terribly well dressed making the place look untidy? Even if they were all well dressed, there's still the issue of that many people being out in an area waiting looking untidy - it would be impossible for them not to.

And to add an edit - there is no way I would be able to stay for any length of time (i.e. more than 10 minutes) out in full sun. It's something a lot of people go to extraordinary lengths to avoid, as the skin doctors tell us we ought. I'm being serious here, I never go out in the sun when it's not absolutely necessary, and my north of England, lily white skin would burn to a frazzle after a few minutes.

Wait for the Hot Season and the first couple of 'heat stroke' victims having to taken to the hospital.

Archived