Kodi copy paste using android virtual keyboard?

WorriedNoodle

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but when using Kodi on an Android tablet device with the usual virtual onscreen Kodi keyboard is there a way to copy or paste into dialogue boxes? For example I might have a painfully long URL I want to enter into file manager and need to type the hole thing key by key each time even tho its stored in memory from other app?

post-101664-0-36143700-1439286567_thumb.

Not unless double-tapping words allows you to highlight/select text sections, or long-pressing gives you cut/copy/paste options.

If you could attach a physical keyboard (USB or Bluetooth) then maybe <ctrl>+x, <ctrl>+c and <ctrl>+v *might* function.

Kodi is both an independent user interface and inherits functions from the underlying OS (for instance, I can Paste in Windows Kodi from other apps but not select or copy/cut text).

The simple answer is NO.

The long answer is, "why aren't you using 'browse' function from the previous screen?"

Thanks for the simple NO answer. Appreciated. I asked just in-case I had missed something.

I don't think browse would help as I am on occasion trying to add a source repo directory link from internet or adding a source m3u list link from internet for a PVR client etc. In these cases I don't think browse works? It seems a nuisance that Kodi stand alone unit cannot do copy/paste with keyboard, but perhaps later versions will.

I don't have a physical keyboard, but I have since found a work around using TWO Android devices - one with a Kodi remote Yatse installed. Yatse offers all the copy paste functions you could want with its onscreen keyboard for Kodi.

Archived