Never understand people here?

Kenny202

From ending of Wayne's World (1992) Rob Lowe as Benjamin:

Benjamin: And I've learned something, too. I've learned that a flawless profile, a perfect body, the right clothes, and a great car can get you far in America - almost to the top - but it can't get you everything.

rob-lowe-waynes-world-watn-red-carpet-mo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would appear that farangs don't understand each other here..so how can you expect to understand the Thais.

Q.: What are the biggest enemies of a farang living in Thailand? facepalm.gif

A.: Other farang.thumbsup.gif

But why? Thailand use to be a place you came and no one really cared about what others were doing , otherwise what's the point of being here..

• 2 weeks later...

guys i am so sorry to drag this topic up again, but i feel i must. First let me explain something, on the 14th of august at about 7pm, i recieved a notification from the mods that i was being suspended for 7 days, not for anything that i had said, but for revealing something that " Blackfox" had said to me in a PM. Apparently you are not allowed to reveal anything said to you in a PM no matter how abusive. And I was being given time to cool down.

But no matter if that is the rule I have no problem with that.

What I would like you to do now is go back to the 14th of August, and pretend that you are "Blackfox", the self proclaimed most handsome farang in Bangkok. You are also 6' 1" with a ripped body, married to one of Thailands top 10 models, with millions of dollars in the bank, it is friday night, and you are in Bangkok, one of the most exciting cities in the world, and what would you do. Maybe take your beautiful wife out for a great meal, and then hit all the top clubs in Bangkok or would you..........................Sit at your computer all night, and send me 24, yes I kid you not 24 pm's in the space of 2 hours, everyone more crazier than the one before. The last one arriving at 1am in the morning.

I could not believe it when I opened my e-mail on Saturday morning. Here is a guy that brags about his family's money, and how mummy and daddy let him drive their cars, but also about how he made millions of dollars in his own right. So we can assume that this guy is the CEO of his own company.And yet he spends hours on his computer on a friday night trying to be a smart guy. If that is what a expensive education pays for then thank god I went to a secondary school in England.

At the end of it all , here is my questions to "Blackfox" I politely asked him, if his family had made so much money, then tell me the name of their company, because surely they had a website that i could look up. And also, if he had made millions in his own right, then tell me the name of his company, but sadly he refused to answer my questions, saying that it was very private. So then I asked him to tell me the name of his wife(the top ten model of Thailand) again sadly that was private. Then he said if we ever met his wife could not come with him, because she was to busy working as a top model. But he would bring pictures of her.

He then told me that he would meet me anywhere in Bangkok, but I would have to wait until he came back from his holiday in America. My argument here was that as he was the one doing all the threatening, he should come to Sisaket, or pay for me to go to Bangkok, and once again he said, but I can't I am going to America, and when I come back I have to go to Australia.

AS I said I didn't want to bring this topic up again, but I had to because a couple of days ago, guess what..... he sent me another PM, repeating I will meet you anywhere (but not Sisaket),so i guess from this his few weeks in America didn't come off. So once he has been to see Maroon5, and then gone on his long vacation to Australia, I may hear from him again. Like I said guys I am 62 years old (today) not a fighting man, but I played rugby for many years in my younger days, so I think I can look after myself. One last thing, he tried to send a PM to another member, but he said that they like spouting off on thai visa, but they were to much of a coward to accept his message so watch out "Bamukloy" you are on his hit list.

And finally, I know we are not allowed to print things that are sent to us in PM's, but I just found his last PM on that Friday night so Hilairious, and I qoute the last line of it, "I bet you are a sad man" that from a man that sent me 24 PM's in 2 hours, so if the mods want to ban me for qouteing him, then please do so, but make sure you ban me for life. But don't ban a man that sends many many abusive PM"s.

Good luck to everyone on here, except one certain person, if they ban me for life, no worries.

One last thing guys, if you don't here from me in the next couple of days then you know I am gone, and not for me doing anything wrong.

BLACKFOX is the biggest Troll on here. Am sure plenty of TV members will back you up if you do indeed need to meet him. Wouldn't give the p**** the time of day. Company name private, Model private, all BS.

Ban Merry cheers mate, this guy is without a doubt the biggest prat I have come across on any forum in Thailand. But give him kudos, he kept to the old adage"If you are going to lie, then lie <deleted> big" If ever he takes me up on my offer to come to Sisaket, I am sure we can make it a big day out. But will he believe me when I say that no one else will be allowed to confront him only me. God i am almost afraid of myself lol. cheers to all the good guys in Issan

Ban Merry cheers mate, this guy is without a doubt the biggest prat I have come across on any forum in Thailand. But give him kudos, he kept to the old adage"If you are going to lie, then lie <deleted> big" If ever he takes me up on my offer to come to Sisaket, I am sure we can make it a big day out. But will he believe me when I say that no one else will be allowed to confront him only me. God i am almost afraid of myself lol. cheers to all the good guys in Issan

C'mon guys, it's all gotta be a big wind up... don't give it any more of your precious time...get on with life and what really matters

Linzz believe me i don't give a toss about this loser, but when he continually spouts crap,and keeps attempting to clog up my PM's then he needs to be shown up for what he is, a prat. The problem is, as seen in all his posts on other topics, he just can't control himself, in some ways maybe we should feel sorry for himm but that is up to other people.

As I have said before, I believe he is probably a very overweight, bald, tattooed guy living in a 20 sq metre room, somewhere in Pattaya. Not that there is anything wrong with anyone, we are all equal in the eyes of god. The reason I made that statement, is because these are the typical people that he attempts to degrade. So come on "Blackfox" respond

Linzz believe me i don't give a toss about this loser, but when he continually spouts crap,and keeps attempting to clog up my PM's then he needs to be shown up for what he is, a prat. The problem is, as seen in all his posts on other topics, he just can't control himself, in some ways maybe we should feel sorry for himm but that is up to other people.

As I have said before, I believe he is probably a very overweight, bald, tattooed guy living in a 20 sq metre room, somewhere in Pattaya. Not that there is anything wrong with anyone, we are all equal in the eyes of god. The reason I made that statement, is because these are the typical people that he attempts to degrade. So come on "Blackfox" respond

No, don't up the anti, ignore him, he's obviously not worth it, so don't dignify him with any kind of response, turn your cheek or your back, and count yourself better than some loser who just enjoys provoking you and getting his jollys from it...anyway that's my advice, don't answer his PM's, good luck and cheers

Good advice Linzz. There are some very odd people (expats) about Thailand and by not reacting/ replying to actions that then shows the sender no reaction from you.

It makes all the silliness pointless. Silence is the best answer.

P.s don't invite idiots to Sisaket please. We have our "quota"

• 4 weeks later...

My GF's parents just left and in all of the years I have never heard her father say 'thank you' for anything.

I have given him a super-bright LED head torch for use on his farm, the odd bottle of Jack Daniels from duty free and all manner of free food while they were here.

Plus, if at any time he feels hungry or thirsty, he thinks it's fine to go through the fridge and have whatever he wants. The nice bit of cake I got for supper, the last bottle of cold beer - anything.

And he will happily sit watching satellite TV all day while I am busy clearing out drains or cutting grass.

Oh - and the motorbike puts on a lot of km while he is here. He has never asked if it is OK to use it.

Is this normal behaviour ?. He is 100% red-shirt and doesn't help my opinion of them one little bit.

Her mum is fine though. Polite and always in the garden helping out.

Ah the joy in knowing hot to say NO.

Regarding the mushrooms, I've found that Thais, especially in Isaan, have a real thing about mushrooms. Yes, the woman picked them for free from the forest, but she probably thought she was doing you a favour because they are a delicacy/hard to find in the market/a special mushroom. Just an idea, but I've often been in the car and had to pull over abruptly for some special mushrooms. The woman could have given you them fro free but I think we all know that nothing in Thailand is completely free, and how do you know that they don't normally retail at 100-200 for a big. I'm not in Thailand right now, but only today my wife was sending me pictures of mushrooms she'd seen in the jungle. Like I say, some Thais have a thing about mushrooms. Give me some of the Thai magic ones and I'll get in on the act too!

Dad lets me drive the black Mercedes Benz, Mum the white Honda CRV. My wife, family, friends, neighbors, and community in BKK are kind, considerate, compassionate, sharing, honest, and and an absolute pleasure to live with.

I guess when you live and associate with low class, you get just that. Education, strong parenting, and a degree of affluence here in the city is more akin to my upbringing and beliefs, and couldn't be further than that of an Issan peasant.

It's a great asset to help others; but judging by most of the posts, the majority are partnered with the very low class. They are nothing like us. You can't have expectations when they know no better.

That's a condescending post.

Nevertheless, the explanation offered is perhaps not too far detached from the reason why some are experiencing such unexpected behaviour.

I've asked my wife (many times) if she can explain typical village behavior. She often says "poor social" (meaning they are not socialized well).

• 1 month later...

I have been living in Thailand for five and a half years and in my experience and as most of the above illustrate, Thais always assume that the farang (the fruit that you can eat all of until it is all gone) has more money than they do and is happy to pay for everything. Most in truth have very little (go into their houses to confirm this) and those that do would see no obligation to help a farang pay a restaurant bill. I am not sure if I would act very differently faced with the same situation back in the UK. The issue of saying thank you is a bit different and I am very afraid that many Thais see it as a weakness on their part voicing these 2 words - which I find reprehensible and pathetic.

What you have to understand is in Thailand the rich pay, farang or Thai, doesn't matter. I have a Thai friend who is very wealthy, and always pays. I stopped trying to pay many years ago. My Thai brother-in-law came home from slaving in the sugar cane fields and took us all out to barbecue, he paid. As far as saying thank you, my family always says thank you.

What you have to understand is in Thailand the rich pay, farang or Thai, doesn't matter. I have a Thai friend who is very wealthy, and always pays. I stopped trying to pay many years ago. My Thai brother-in-law came home from slaving in the sugar cane fields and took us all out to barbecue, he paid. As far as saying thank you, my family always says thank you.

Exactly! same here.

I have been living in Thailand for five and a half years and in my experience and as most of the above illustrate, Thais always assume that the farang (the fruit that you can eat all of until it is all gone) has more money than they do and is happy to pay for everything. Most in truth have very little (go into their houses to confirm this) and those that do would see no obligation to help a farang pay a restaurant bill. I am not sure if I would act very differently faced with the same situation back in the UK. The issue of saying thank you is a bit different and I am very afraid that many Thais see it as a weakness on their part voicing these 2 words - which I find reprehensible and pathetic.

well I guess it depends who your circle of friends are. I frequently go out on weekends with my wife and some of her friends and often they insist on paying the bill. Even if I say I would like to pay because they paid last time or I would like to split the bill. I think it's more that some people like to show their generosity or that they have a lot money and like to invite others.

My GF's parents just left and in all of the years I have never heard her father say 'thank you' for anything.

I have given him a super-bright LED head torch for use on his farm, the odd bottle of Jack Daniels from duty free and all manner of free food while they were here.

Plus, if at any time he feels hungry or thirsty, he thinks it's fine to go through the fridge and have whatever he wants. The nice bit of cake I got for supper, the last bottle of cold beer - anything.

And he will happily sit watching satellite TV all day while I am busy clearing out drains or cutting grass.

Oh - and the motorbike puts on a lot of km while he is here. He has never asked if it is OK to use it.

Is this normal behaviour ?. He is 100% red-shirt and doesn't help my opinion of them one little bit.

Ah the joy in knowing hot to say NO.

Holy &lt;deleted&gt; Maria and Joseph !!!

And he will happily sit watching satellite TV all day while I am busy clearing out drains or cutting grass

It seems that you do not cut the right type of it, otherwise you wouldn't come up with such nonsense, Mr. "Engish John." You're a joke, English John.

You seem to be a lot cheaper than Scotts are and that means a lot to me. Do you really think that he even knows how much you've paid ( guess you're gone by now) for your shitty satellite TV?

You've completely missed the plot.

Maybe it comes from your attitude ...

As for you the family of my wife likes to watch the screen ghent and drink fresh beer And since they are poor they can not turn around politeness.

But they largely give me the equivalent by performing free small maintenance to our house. Sometimes I have to insist that the stepfather loose tools and enjoys a moment of friendship. This example to show that your truth is not general.

That said I knew also profiteers. But they have benefited only once. Then I told my wife to translate a universal principle: "give and take."

But what if you do all the 'giving', but there is nothing there to 'take'? My wife's family are great compared to some I read on here, when her Dad comes to stay, he grafts from morning 'til night with a smile all the time. I am very happy with my in laws....they don't even need to show gratitude to me, because they know, and I know that their daughter is happy, and that's what matters....

It would appear that farangs don't understand each other here..so how can you expect to understand the Thais.

But why? Thailand use to be a place you came and no one really cared about what others were doing , otherwise what's the point of being here..

Why does it hurt when I pee? facepalm.gif

Why does it hurt when I pee? facepalm.gif

Why does it hurt to try to understand what you write ?

Wow. I agree and can relate to everyone. It seems everytime we visit, my wife always seems to spring something her mother, brother, pre-adult boys don't have. God forbid the boys earn their keep. Suddenly, they're babies. I don't mind spending on her mother and the working brother. But the boys don't lift a finger except to eat. My wife explained once they are 18, they would move out..Somehow, why would they. Eat free. Sleep free. Get their clothes wash free. Everything they need, they steal. When I leave, forget receiving a wan. Thankfully, my wife stop loaning money to the village. Halfway home.

10 years ago we moved from our rented house to the newly build one near her parents (1km)

The whole family helped loading the truck and I invited them to a moo-kata. They did not like it. Seems they never went to a restaurant in their lives (if you can call that a restaurant)

Never had a repeat. They never come to our place uninvited and don't open the fridge when they are invited. But yes, they don't know the words Hello or Thank you.

It maybe condescending but it is also true. The housing estate I live in is probably the most expensive in our area. Most of my neighbours are Thai, well educated and well mannered. Neighbours are both doctors. All our neighbours say hello when we pass, exchange gifts at New Year and if we give their kids a small gift after we return from overseas are always grateful. Similarly if they have been away they will usually

knock on the door with some small gift from where they went.

This is definitely not a place I would like to live in and I do not consider it a better class.

Paying the bills / inviting someone is mostly part of the showing off game.

So, either you want to show off with your money, you invite somebody (e.g. family of mia noi) or you just do it for fun and don't need people to be thankful or you simply don't spend money on anybody.

Would be really weird to hear a thank you from my in-lawys if we go eat and I pay if I consider how weird it would be if my own mother/father would say "thank you" for a dinner.

Paying the bills / inviting someone is mostly part of the showing off game.

So, either you want to show off with your money, you invite somebody (e.g. family of mia noi) or you just do it for fun and don't need people to be thankful or you simply don't spend money on anybody.

Would be really weird to hear a thank you from my in-lawys if we go eat and I pay if I consider how weird it would be if my own mother/father would say "thank you" for a dinner.

The way I was brought up, I thanked my parents for everything. It is called appreciation and is usually reciprocated.

Archived