Never understand people here?

Kenny202

It is called appreciation and is usually reciprocated.

Exactly and an expressed "thank you" would reduce it to the exact base some clerk saying "thank you" receiving the money for the groceries.

When I buy groceries I always say 'thank you', either in English or Thai, to the person serving me.

It is called 'manners' and costs nothing.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly and an expressed "thank you" would reduce it to the exact base some clerk saying "thank you" receiving the money for the groceries.

When I buy groceries I always say 'thank you', either in English or Thai, to the person serving me.

Exactly.

In my in-laws family, I never hear anybody say "thank you" to anybody about anything - except to the clerks in M.K. after eating.

Exactly.

In my in-laws family, I never hear anybody say "thank you" to anybody about anything - except to the clerks in M.K. after eating.

I could be wrong but I think Thai's generally feel they do not need to thank within the family, but only to outsiders

Exactly.

I could be wrong but I think Thai's generally feel they do not need to thank within the family, but only to outsiders

You may be right. The other word that's not to often said is "Goodbye". It seems to me strange how some just get up and leave without saying this.

Older Thais don't but the Children wave Bye Bye these days

If it has never been a trait of the older generations to be polite and respectful, who instills it into the younger generation to be so ?

It's a different kind of respect isn't it? Not on our terms or what we're used to. They wai a lot, they walk around people rather than step over them, they never point with their feet etc.They might be saying the same stuff about us because in their eyes we're uncouth since we don't care for these things so much. They do believe their young are becoming too Westernized.

I know a lot of people will not respond, but the actual percentage of couples that believe they are in love, is false (he maybe, but she ???).

I am talking about a one way street, you may 'love' her, but is it reciprocated ?

If you have cash, yes, you think it is, but in my 25 years of experience, dream on.

I know a lot of people will not respond, but the actual percentage of couples that believe they are in love, is false (he maybe, but she ???).

I am talking about a one way street, you may 'love' her, but is it reciprocated ?

If you have cash, yes, you think it is, but in my 25 years of experience, dream on.

Respect your wife, love your mia nois.

That was deeply superficial

You like oxymorons?

What is love? It is different for everybody. As my wife and I have lived together for almost 15 years now, our love has gone through many stages. It is now at the stage where we are very comfortable with each other, care for each other, respect each other, and wouldn't think of living with anyone else. A nice place to be in life.

That was deeply superficial

You like oxymorons?

[ ] You do not understand what an oxymoron is.

When I buy groceries the employees usually say "thank you", either in English or Thai, for serving me. It is called manners and costs nothing.

If you are deceitful enough to have a mia noi then you do not respect your wife

Yes and he says I don't understand what an oxymoron is! Maybe he doesn't understand what a moron is either

When I buy groceries the employees usually say "thank you", either in English or Thai, for serving me. It is called manners and costs nothing.

Correct, and usually with a smile.

(Their 'thank you' is actually for your custom rather than serving you !).

Not only they smile. It's great to show respect for each other, no matter if they're employees at Big-C, at 7 Eleven, or a motorbike mechanic.

Treat people the way you want to be treated and life's good here. wai2.gif

Why would you assume deceit was involved?

Most extra marital relationships are under cover, unless there is an understanding to have an open relationship, but I've never met a Thai lady yet who wants to be a swinger, that is not to say you haven't, but I imagine it to be rare.

Some will tolerate infidelity because they are economically dependent and prefer to keep the peace but resent the wanderer most probably, human nature being what it is..Others will kick him out or worse he might have to sleep with his trousers on for fear of losing his bits to the ducks, a saying I've heard often.

So on a percentage of liklihood, a reasonable assumption for jacky54 to make, but which only Gutenburg can factually answer

I also wonder what people think. Of course my wife knows of the mia noi. Always be respectful.

I also wonder what people think. Of course my wife knows of the mia noi. Always be respectful.

She does not mind then because you are "respectful" to have told her because you want to be honest? Difficult choice to hurt someone with the truth or to not hurt by not telling the truth, or hurt when she finds out later. It can only fairly work if she has a sami noi as well and is "respectful" to tell you also. Or not as the case may be.

Good luck with that.

If you love and respect your wife, why would you need a "mia noi". And I am sure that if your wife knows about your mia noi, then so do all of her family and friends. So how do you think she feels. Obviously you think that you are a big man, because you come on here and brag about the mia noi, but it is also obvious that the mia noi, is a woman of no value, because she knows you have a wife, she is with you just for the money, a bar girl by any other name.

If you love and respect your wife, why would you need a "mia noi". And I am sure that if your wife knows about your mia noi, then so do all of her family and friends. So how do you think she feels. Obviously you think that you are a big man, because you come on here and brag about the mia noi, but it is also obvious that the mia noi, is a woman of no value, because she knows you have a wife, she is with you just for the money, a bar girl by any other name.

well I guess everyone needs to decide for themselves. But it is quite common across Asia and Thailand that men with money will have mia nois/giks. I'm not saying it is good but it is up to everyone themselves to decide how they want to live. By the way a gik/mia noi is usually not a bar girl.

Robert24, I have no problem with someone having a mia noi/gik, but to come on a public forum and tell everyone, and then say I respect my wife, so I told her I have one is complete bs. I didn't say she was a bar girl, but she obviously knows he has a wife, so for me she has the same mindset of a bar girl. she is in it for the money, but I guess he feels she really loves him.

Robert24, I have no problem with someone having a mia noi/gik, but to come on a public forum and tell everyone, and then say I respect my wife, so I told her I have one is complete bs. I didn't say she was a bar girl, but she obviously knows he has a wife, so for me she has the same mindset of a bar girl. she is in it for the money, but I guess he feels she really loves him.

fully agree with you. And yes of course giks/mia nois are in for the money. And of course they know the men have a wife, why else would you have gik?

Archived