Anyone believe Jesus was partly copied from Buddha ?

only1

Considering their similarities that could not be so much of being coincidental, what do you think ?

I wonder what the monks think ?

I don't refer to their teachings. I refer to their personal stories eg mothers names, miracle pregnancy, born during a journey, prophesized by a Wiseman after birth, 12 disciples 1 betrayed, a book with 12 seals etc.

It really copied, then Christianity is a scam. How shall I handle it ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Buddha was after Christ by some 300 years but I'm afraid the belief that they could 'change the world' has been exploited as a means of control more successfully than their messages have actually changed the world.

Do you not live in Thailand?... In the year of the Buddha 2558...coffee1.gif

Watch the History Channel. There were lots of prophets around Jesus' time claiming divinity, virgin birth and preaching and performing miracles. Major figures in other religions were also said to have come from virgin birth. It seems to have been a qualification for being devine. Try Googling "virgin birth." Also, to find out who Jesus really was, read Zealot.

I seem to recall that 'Jesus' wasn't actualyy called 'Jesus' until about three or four hundred years after he died.

And quite a lot of his 'story' is borrowed from what might be called ,pre Christian history'.

There appears that Thomas, after he betrayed Jesus , travelled to South India using the Arab Traders and their ships using the trade winds. And a lot of stuff was added to Christianity after Jesus was crucified - borrowing from other religions and cults in an effort to get numbers (and donations no doubt) . Who really knows what is historically accurate and what was added to push the religion along a bit . It is still happening .

I thought Buddha was after Christ by some 300 years but I'm afraid the belief that they could 'change the world' has been exploited as a means of control more successfully than their messages have actually changed the world.

This year in Thailand is 2558 BE (Buddha Enlightenment).

This year in Thailand is 2015 AD (Anno Domini).

This means that Buddha was around some 543 years before Christ so you are about 800 years out.

Close, but sorry, no cigar.

One way or another we are all "victims" of our own stupidity as regards the worshipping of deities.

Man had a need to find out the reason why he was here, where he came from and what his life was all about, and was he only here for a short period of time and then disappeared for ever, or was there another life? – – – – and so on.

Some religions decided to make this into a business opportunity (the Catholic Church for example) and even now, others still do, and even though Scientology is not considered a religion, it still has "religious status" with regards to being a charity or some-such like. Other recent ones like Mormonism seek to tell a modern-day version of the founding of their faith, borrowed of course from the past.

Religion, in whatever form, has been responsible for more killing, war, torture, repression, poverty and genocide than any other event, man-made or otherwise in the history of the world (as we know it anyway).

How you handle that is completely up to you, however you will get just as much peace of mind/good luck/healing/long life etc by worshipping a corn dolly as you will any other deity out there.

Buddha's mum was called 'Mary'?

Nice Indian name that!

I am told Mary was renamed later.

Originally it was Miryam or Maya. One belonged to each mother.

Of course, they don't copy 100%,right ?

Those others I mentioned above are good enough evidence.

I wonder if this is the reason why in Asia, the churches always discouraged their followers from learning about other religions ?

I do research.I am curious from whom you learn that ?

The church or any pastor ?

Some religions decided to make this into a business opportunity (the Catholic Church for example) and even now, others still do, and even though Scientology is not considered a religion, it still has "religious status" with regards to being a charity or some-such like. Other recent ones like Mormonism seek to tell a modern-day version of the founding of their faith, borrowed of course from the past.

How you handle that is completely up to you, however you will get just as much peace of mind/good luck/healing/long life etc by worshipping a corn dolly as you will any other deity out there.

Speaking of Mormonism, I think they borrowed and copied from Buddhism. If you check all their difference in belief and practice, you will see that they are all Buddhism-like eg believing doing good is enough to go heaven(may not believe in any god), eating less meat, do yoga and meditation, no liquor, just to name a few.

And proven they do live longer by about 10 years compared to other Christians. This very well put Christianity to shame and proved a lot if the Christianity god is really fake ? Since Christianity don't recognise them and call them Satanic.

My point is "if" Jesus was really fake or copied from Buddha and Horus, then he is not son of any god and cannot believed. And since we know it, it is our duty to tell the world and save those innocent Christians. That's what the Buddha taught, isn't it ?

When i was travelling in India, i was told by some monk that both Jesus and Buddha are avatars of Vishnu, same as Rama, Krishna etc.

The most important similarity between them, IMHO, is that they were against the bigotry of the priests, and their exploitation of their status for material gains.

The fact that religions have been used as an excuse for crimes and wars, is not a proof that the world would be better without religions..

.. And a religious man is not necessarily better than an atheist, and viceversa.

I think some of you missed my point.

My point is Jesus and Christianity is just one example that how people can use Buddhism to create another for bad intentions.

Although religions are not meant to be bad but if there are enough proofs or evidence found that it was false and bad, I think one should not cover it but expose it.

The Buddha taught people not to lie and I am sure that includes covering up any lie.

Speaking of Mormonism, I think they borrowed and copied from Buddhism. If you check all their difference in belief and practice, you will see that they are all Buddhism-like eg believing doing good is enough to go heaven(may not believe in any god), eating less meat, do yoga and meditation, no liquor, just to name a few.

And proven they do live longer by about 10 years compared to other Christians. This very well put Christianity to shame and proved a lot if the Christianity god is really fake ? Since Christianity don't recognise them and call them Satanic.

My point is "if" Jesus was really fake or copied from Buddha and Horus, then he is not son of any god and cannot believed. And since we know it, it is our duty to tell the world and save those innocent Christians. That's what the Buddha taught, isn't it ?

no

Buddha's mum was called 'Mary'?

Nice Indian name that!

I am told Mary was renamed later.

Originally it was Miryam or Maya. One belonged to each mother.

Of course, they don't copy 100%,right ?

Those others I mentioned above are good enough evidence.

I wonder if this is the reason why in Asia, the churches always discouraged their followers from learning about other religions ?

And what about his girlfriend, Maria Magdalena I believe - also called the BG (there we have a link with Thailand!)

I think some of you missed my point.

My point is Jesus and Christianity is just one example that how people can use Buddhism to create another for bad intentions.

Although religions are not meant to be bad but if there are enough proofs or evidence found that it was false and bad, I think one should not cover it but expose it.

The Buddha taught people not to lie and I am sure that includes covering up any lie.

christianity is not bad, some of the people who subscribe to christianity are.

AYJAYDEE,

Why do you reply no to my comment on Mormonism being closer or copied Buddhism ? Their practice and way of life obviously so.

Yes, people created religions but in the case of Christianity, since Jesus and their almighty God claims are both logic defying and debunked by science, it's proven the source and originality of the religion is not good but bad.

Another evidence is the way they collect money. Why must they collect in such manners instead of using a stationed box like all the other sincere religions ?

The Galileo case and their relationships with Islam are also evidence that their god is fake or a bad religion.

I feel sorry to their followers.

Hope they don't influence the Thai much.

AYJAYDEE,

Why do you reply no to my comment on Mormonism being closer or copied Buddhism ? Their practice and way of life obviously so.

Yes, people created religions but in the case of Christianity, since Jesus and their almighty God claims are both logic defying and debunked by science, it's proven the source and originality of the religion is not good but bad.

Another evidence is the way they collect money. Why must they collect in such manners instead of using a stationed box like all the other sincere religions ?

The Galileo case and their relationships with Islam are also evidence that their god is fake or a bad religion.

I feel sorry to their followers.

Hope they don't influence the Thai much.

the no was in answer to your last sentence

Archived