"PEOPLES OF THE BUDDHIST WORLD" by Paul Hattaway

only1

In smaller print under the title is "a Christian prayer guide".

I wish to caution everyone here of this book. You can find it in.

Amazon as well as e-book free download.

I cannot imagine anyone can go so low in their effort to propagate Christianity or condemning Buddhism in such a cunning manner.

The book started with pages of statistics and figures on Buddhism in Asia to captivate your attention and trust but all over the pages, you will find misleading facts or false allegations against Buddhism to depict it as even a blindfaith or bad practice religion.

Especially on Thailand, even pictures of real monks are used and fake informations used to mislead people.

I give a little more details of this book since it's related to Thailand.

There is a section where a few pages are highlighted in a different color.

The author visited a Buddhism temple everyday trying to convert some monks. The author wrote badly about Buddhism in those pages and even said the monks are committing sins. The author used his photos taken with the monks and used them in the book.

How malicious and ungrateful. Will a church allow a Buddhist to go into a church teaching Buddhism ?

The author did not mention which temple is that and obviously he lied on the part where he wrote the monks are interested in his Jesus stories and even intended to convert.

Only mentioned the monks are Shan. I wish to visit the temple personally to find out.

Anyone can help ?

well of course. he, like many christians, believes buddhists are going to hell and its their job to save them from such a fate by whatever means possible. they dont see it as underhanded to use dishonest methods to rob souls from the devil and therefore can rationalize dishonest behaviour. but based on the number of christians in thailand considering how long they have been trying to convert, they arent doing very well.

AJAYDEE,

I think the book is aimed at foreigners and visitors to Thailand to prevent them from learning and understanding Buddhism.

Christianity is rich. They can spend a lot of money to do their marketing.

Their most recent method is via internet greetings. Messages with words like blessings, gift, gratitude, thankful etc used. The word God will be hidden now as they it will give them away. They will never use words like wisdom or compassion as they don't want their followers to practise them. Being wise or compassionate means people will not believe them and donate less to the church.

AJAYDEE,

I think the book is aimed at foreigners and visitors to Thailand to prevent them from learning and understanding Buddhism.

Christianity is rich. They can spend a lot of money to do their marketing.

Their most recent method is via internet greetings. Messages with words like blessings, gift, gratitude, thankful etc used. The word God will be hidden now as they it will give them away. They will never use words like wisdom or compassion as they don't want their followers to practise them. Being wise or compassionate means people will not believe them and donate less to the church.

no its not. its written to encourage christians to give money toward evangelical missionary work. most christians believe god directed them to go out and convert the non-believer.

If they wish to convert others only, they should just propagate their own religion.

They should not condemn Buddhism(without true facts or logical claims)with a published book.

and they think they should and believe their facts to be true

You don't think that from a Christian perspective there are things wrong with Buddhism and that it is inevitable that a Christian author would expound upon that. Even from a Buddhist perspective there are things seriously wrong in the Thai presentation of Buddhism. If the book is untruthful then give examples and evidence. Other than that you are just trying to censor a point of view you disagree with.

JYAYDEE,

Do you mean that I should not share knowledge with anyone to prevent innocent people from being victimized by anything bad ?

Isn't this as bad as covering up and help bad people ?

I don't think the Buddha will encourage that.

JYAYDEE,

Do you mean that I should not share knowledge with anyone to prevent innocent people from being victimized by anything bad ?

Isn't this as bad as covering up and help bad people ?

I don't think the Buddha will encourage that.

just because you feel they are bad doesnt make it true. you can offer an opinion that you feel they are and if someone shows a desire to hear your ideas, of course. but if they are not interested then theyre not interested, period.

Exactly. That's why I bring it to people's attention. Instead of buying it by the cover. As for truth and evidence, one needs not believe me now. Even the Buddha said one should not blindly believe him but do find out.

Exactly. That's why I bring it to people's attention. Instead of buying it by the cover. As for truth and evidence, one needs not believe me now. Even the Buddha said one should not blindly believe him but do find out.

what about the "give them back their poison" bit?

Archived