BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunoco27

Chiang Rai Immigration

31 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Went in about 9.00am to activate new visa today and was in and out in about 15 minutes.

About 5 waiting (according to the tickets) when I arrived but they have a lass at a desk at the door who took my passport and jumped me over the queue.

Not sure if it's because I'm hansum or a ThaiVisa member. :cool:

She must know you a Thai Visa GM

55 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

She must know you a Thai Visa GM

She might've heard you barrack for Port and felt sorry for you:whistling:

I popped in the other day for my annual 60 day extension for the last entry on my multiple entry O, and it was a very smooth hassle free process. The desk officer merely glanced at the copies of paperwork, wasn't interested in originals. I had brought the original of "best beloved" with me but he didn't need to speak to her either!

Excellent service. Interestingly he appeared to be the only man in uniformed service in Thailand who wasn't a parachutist.

There was the inevitable voluble chap in front of me trying to persuade them to bend some rule or other to allow him to stay; they were polite but not going to do so...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Good to see you sticking with the original of "best beloved", too many seem to be moving onto a newer model.... :cool:

Good to see you sticking with the original of "best beloved", too many seem to be moving onto a newer model.... :cool:

Wife, daughter, two female dogs and "Kung Pheu" the cat. You can run but you cannot hide!

Besides she allows me out for a couple of beers once a week...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Will be moving to CR in March. My 1 year retirement extension is due early May. If I get my proof of income letter from Canadian Embassy in Bangkok in March before I move, will it be accepted by Immigration? Here in Jomtien it cannot be more than one month old.

17 minutes ago, OneZero said:

This is a 4 year old thread. Does not answer my question, which is in relation to CR Immigration. All local offices have different rules.

Ah...OK, sorry about that.

Why don't you try asking in the Visa forum?

On 1/25/2018 at 5:04 PM, sceadugenga said:

I always get mine from the CM consulate the Embassy visitation before my renewal is due.

Did you know about them?

They can do just about anything other than renew passports.

http://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Consular_Outreach_Visits.html

They can renew passports. I did mine in 2016 and when I was there last June they were renewing passports.

10 hours ago, ripstanley said:

They can renew passports. I did mine in 2016 and when I was there last June they were renewing passports.

Indeed they are.

During the outreach visits, we will provide the following services:

* Passport applications - Please ensure you bring the completed Renewal Passport Application form (PC7) or Overseas Passport Application form (PC8) which can be downloaded from the website, (www.passports.gov.au) and all supporting documents (original and copies) before coming to an outreach visit.
* Notarial services
* Statutory declarations for marriage, retirement visas, and witnessing for driving licence renewals
* Witnessing documents
* Certified true copies of documents (please ensure you bring the original and a photocopy of each document with you)