Chiang Rai Immigration

sunoco27

For my 1 year extension based on retirement, in Jomtien I provided a letter from the Canadian Embassy for proof of income. Is it the same here in Chiang Rai?  The letter states my income in Thai baht. Thanks.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Australians if we are required to show proof of income we make a statuary declaration at our embassy,  which witnesses our signature.

Currently we can see embassy officials at our consulate in Chiang Mai every 8 weeks.

I would imagine that the procedure would be the same here as it is at Jomtien.

5 hours ago, frodo77 said:

For my 1 year extension based on retirement, in Jomtien I provided a letter from the Canadian Embassy for proof of income. Is it the same here in Chiang Rai?  The letter states my income in Thai baht. Thanks.

Consulate of Canada in Chiang Mai

The Consulate of Canada in Chiang Mai offers consular services to Canadians living and travelling in the north of Thailand.

151 Super Highway,
Tambon Tahsala
Amphur Muang,
Chiang Mai 50000

Telephone: +66 (0) 5385-0147 or +66 (0) 5324-2292
Fax: +66 (0) 5385-0332

• 4 weeks later...

On my last 2 previous visits in April, Immigration Office was very busy. Imagine my surprise today when I went to do my 90 day report and nobody outside when I arrive early at 0815. One other person behind me when the office opened. Got ticket No 1, and was done in 5 minutes. Very pleasant experience. Only 3 people there when I left. Wonder what it will be like in Sep. Cannot do my 90 day on line as I entered Thailand in 2012 and have been here since.

1 hour ago, frodo77 said:

On my last 2 previous visits in April, Immigration Office was very busy. Imagine my surprise today when I went to do my 90 day report and nobody outside when I arrive early at 0815. One other person behind me when the office opened. Got ticket No 1, and was done in 5 minutes. Very pleasant experience. Only 3 people there when I left. Wonder what it will be like in Sep. Cannot do my 90 day on line as I entered Thailand in 2012 and have been here since.

Can you stipulate the requirements in order to do the 90 day reports online.

As from next year I will be spending a lot of time in CR so I am considering changing my Retirement Extension using a CR address. Just checking if its a hassle at this location and is there any agents who can take care.

The one in Ubon is very easy so I have no experience regarding the CR office. 

Archived