Powerful bomb explode near Rajprasong intersection wounding 20 people

webfact

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if this is an attack that it makes very little sense of any of the usual crowd.

PT doing it at this time would be counter to their agenda.

MIB would just be causing the military to get into more peoples faces.

The only thing I can see would be if it involved a hindu issue as it is a huindu shrine?

Either way there wil be HELL to pay THE GENERAL will not be happy and heads will roll.

As has been said the military is really good at this crap and will be all over it.

Deadly bomb blast rocks Thailand's capital

At least 12 people reported killed and 20 wounded in explosion at Ratchaprasong intersection, near shrine in Bangkok.

17 Aug 2015 13:26 GMT | Thailand, Asia Pacific

4d6f0f10e63a455993aa61f0e6eaee08_18.jpgBody parts were scattered across the street after the bomb went off outside the Erawan Shrine in the downtown Chidlom district [AFP]

At least 12 people have been killed and 20 wounded by a bomb blast that hit the commercial centre of the Thai capital Bangkok, police have said.

The blast, which was said to have taken place near the Erawan Shrine, occurred about 7.10pm local time, according to the Bangkok Post.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/08/deadly-bomb-blast-rocks-thailand-capital-150817123625802.html

There is absolutely zero proof, but I've often said in the past that if the "insurgents" down south took their show on the road, to places like BKK, Pattaya, and Phuket, they could cripple Thailand in a matter of days. On the one hand, this could have absolutely nothing to do with them. On the other hand, who knows?

Why are the major news outlets reporting this as "Totally Unexpected?"

Because only sick people expect these kind of things.

Nickymaster, demonstrating he is not much of a chaos pilot.

Given recent reactions over the draft constitution from the red short brigade, and the growing discontent with government (justified or not), I am only surprized its taken so long to kick off.

Its not as if Thailand is 'bomb-free' they go off most days down south. Not forgetting the recent history Thailand has had with violence.

Totally unexpected about describing the bombing as totally unexpected.

I think if this is an attack that it makes very little sense of any of the usual crowd.

The only thing I can see would be if it involved a hindu issue as it is a huindu shrine?

Either way there wil be HELL to pay THE GENERAL will not be happy and heads will roll.

As has been said the military is really good at this crap and will be all over it.

Rationalising why, is rather pointless. It could have been done for any 1of 100s of reasons.

At least '12 people killed' after bomb blast in central Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- At least 12 people are believed to have been killed after a bomb exploded in central Bangkok.

It appears to have happened outside the Erawan Shrine, which is a religious shrine in the centre of the Thai capital.

The Shrine is a tourist landmark which is also popular with Thais.

The explosion took place at the Rajprasong intersection, which has been the centre of many contentious political demonstrations in recent years.

It is understood the bomb was on a motorbike - with locals saying it sounded similar to a loud thunderclap.

Full story: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/at-least-12-people-killed-after-bomb-blast-in-central-bangkok-31456783.html

-- Belfast Telegraph 2015-08-17

Reports: Deadly blast hits central Bangkok
By Brian Murphy

BANGKOK: -- An apparent bomb explosion tore through a busy commercial area in Bangkok on Monday, killing at least five people, news reports said.

Other details about the blast were not immediately clear. The Reuters news agency quoted police chief Prawut Thawornsiri as saying investigators believed a bomb was responsible.

Full story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/reports-deadly-blast-hits-central-bangkok/2015/08/17/296e9e2e-44de-11e5-8ab4-c73967a143d3_story.html

-- The Washington Post 2015-08-18

The Thai Tourist business well be well and truely stuffed now watch the bhat drop. RIP all those that died and I pray that the people hurt live and have a normal life wai2.gif

Don't worry, that won't happen - nothing will make the baht drop and tourists will always come.

Rationalising why, is rather pointless. It could have been done for any 1of 100s of reasons.

Therein lies the problem. Unlike other parts of the world, where you know exactly why (and generally who) does something like this, there are so many more possibilities here. It makes it much harder to track down the culprits when you don't know the exact motive.

RIP to the victims and my thoughts are with their families. So horrible...

Rajaprasong explosion death toll rises to at least 12
By Coconuts Bangkok

bomb_3.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The death toll has risen to 12 and at least 30 people are injured in the explosion at Rajaprasong Intersection occurred around 7pm today while police have confirmed there is still one more bomb to be defused near Gaysorn Plaza.

Police radio @JS100 said the explosion was caused by an improvised explosive device outside the Erawan shrine. Authorities say they are expecting to find two to three more bombs.
According to Spring News, the junta has not declared a state of emergency as rumored on social media.

Body parts were scattered across the street after the bomb went off around 7pm outside the Erawan Shrine in the downtown Chidlom district of the Thai capital.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/17/rajaprasong-explosion-death-toll-rises-least-12

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-17

Archived