Anyone with experience of Royal Orchid Plus?

wellred

I just returned from a London - Phuket flight with Thai and enjoyed the flight so I've booked another for a few months time. I've just enrolled and want to ensure that I don't lose out of any points accumulated from my recent flight. Can anyone share any experience with trying to claim these on a newly created account?

I spoke to someone over the phone and they suggested I need to post my boarding pass. Surely it should be a case of punching in my Thai booking reference number somewhere online as they can surely see from that where I flew from, to and when?

Thanks,

Rule of thumb: Get your number added when you get your boarding pass. If you boarded and then boarded you should have done it at the ticketing office when you landed.

They have rules. If you don't want to follow them, too bad for you.

I have never had a problem with them.

My experience is that they only work from boarding passes when you join - perhaps they want proof that the passenger did take the flight.

From there most times the mileage was updated automatically upon check-in, but a couple of times it didn't work and again they insisted on boarding passes.

I hope they are now more flexible, I joined about 20 years back and had many business trips. Trying to get answers about using the mileages for family members was a nightmare, not helped by their arrogance.

Good luck

Ok thanks. So I'm guessing it might be a problem if I have binned my boarding passes? Tbh I don't see why the booking reference isn't enough as they can surely find out from that whether I was on the flight or not. Anyway will see how this plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you create the ROP account before or after your flight?

If you created after your flight, it can't accumulate these miles. But if you created the account before your flight, you can accumulate these miles by sending your boarding pass to TG.

It was created after the flight. On line there is an option in ROP to recover missing miles. Anyway if I can't do it not too bothered.

I am also a skywards member with Emirates and with them I was able to create an account post the flight and claim the miles.

It was created after the flight. On line there is an option in ROP to recover missing miles. Anyway if I can't do it not too bothered.

I am also a skywards member with Emirates and with them I was able to create an account post the flight and claim the miles.

unfortunately, you will not be able to claim these miles as you enrolled after the flight. rop is very inflexible and ridgidly sticks to the rules.

emirates is not star alliance, is it? that would be an option.

If you dont get your "Miles" dont bother trying to mail to them ... They will not answer you !

unfortunately, you will not be able to claim these miles as you enrolled after the flight. rop is very inflexible and ridgidly sticks to the rules.

I'm pleased to say they have credited my account with the accrued miles. And to confirm I only enrolled in ROP post returning to the UK. Good thing I emailed them anyway. Took them about 3 days to get back to me. They either have a new policy or made an exception for me.

If you dont get your "Miles" dont bother trying to mail to them ... They will not answer you !

I'm pleased to say they have credited my account with the accrued miles. And to confirm I only enrolled in ROP post returning to the UK. Good thing I emailed them anyway. Took them about 3 days to get back to me. They either have a new policy or made an exception for me.

congratulations, you must have a special star shining above you. glad you did not 'listen' to our advice and pushed on.

Archived