Great Western And Thai Food In Chiang Dao

kurtgruen

Hi there,

My wife Mon and I opened a Thai-German Restaurant in Chiang Dao last year. We have decided to make it only a seasonal restaurant for now from Sept. 1st - April 1st every year. (We may go year round in the future, but that depends on how much fun we have) :o

So if you enjoy Wiener Schnitzel, home made Fraenkische Bratwuerste, Spaghetti, Schweinebraten und Kloese, Burgers, home made salads and also some great Thai dishes, stop by in you are in the neighborhood.

We have customers come out as far as from Chiang Mai (75km away) to taste Mon's cooking.

At the moment, we have about 150 food items to choose from on our menu. We also have the best coffee around and refills are free.

So if you are looking for a good home cooked meal, come is us in Chiang Dao. You can find a map to our restaurant and a partial menu on our website: www. chiangdao.org

Mention this email and receive 10% off all food items.

I don't really consider this post advertising, because both Mon and I look at cooking as a hobby, not a business. We love to make food and to eat food :D

If you are like me (too lazy to look for the map), just remember we are 2.5km past the 7-11 in Chiang Dao, on the Chiang Mai - Fang highway, on the right hand side, just before the corner.

I'll add some recipes some other time... right now, I want to check out some other topics

Cheers

Kurt

• 2 months later...
Hi there,

My wife Mon and I opened a Thai-German Restaurant in Chiang Dao last year. We have decided to make it only a seasonal restaurant for now from Sept. 1st - April 1st every year. (We may go year round in the future, but that depends on how much fun we have) :D

So if you enjoy Wiener Schnitzel, home made Fraenkische Bratwuerste, Spaghetti, Schweinebraten und Kloese, Burgers, home made salads and also some great Thai dishes, stop by in you are in the neighborhood.

We have customers come out as far as from Chiang Mai (75km away) to taste Mon's cooking.

At the moment, we have about 150 food items to choose from on our menu. We also have the best coffee around and refills are free.

So if you are looking for a good home cooked meal, come is us in Chiang Dao. You can find a map to our restaurant and a partial menu on our website: www. chiangdao.org

Mention this email and receive 10% off all food items.

I don't really consider this post advertising, because both Mon and I look at cooking as a hobby, not a business. We love to make food and to eat food :D

If you are like me (too lazy to look for the map), just remember we are 2.5km past the 7-11 in Chiang Dao, on the Chiang Mai - Fang highway, on the right hand side, just before the corner.

I'll add some recipes some other time... right now, I want to check out some other topics

Cheers

Kurt

I promised some recipes, so here is the first one...

Wiener Schnitzel: Normally made with Calf meat, but we choose pork, since so many people are turned off eating baby cows these days. Either meat is fine.

Take your boneless pork (non-fat), 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick, and pound it down to about a 1/4 inch thickness. This both tenderizes the meat and also gives it the right thickness.

Then take a place, crack an egg into it, add salt and pepper to taste and stir with fork.

Take another plate and spread bread crumbs evenly across it.

Then take your meat, dip it in the egg mixture (both sides, make sure there is egg everywhere on the meat), then dip it in the breadcrumbs, also making sure that all the meat is covered with bread crumbs.

Melt a dab of butter in your frying pan, fry the meat on both sides (not too long, you want the meat not to be red anymore, but you don't want to fry it into a rock)

Remove it from frying pan, serve with mashed potatoes or french fries and a wedge of lemon or lime and some green salad.

You can also make it "Kai Dau" (with an egg "sunny side up" on top of the Schnitzel, but that would be Thai style).

If you really want to see what it's supposed to look and taste like, you can always come to our restaurant (Mon and Kurt's Restaurant) in Chiang Dao :o

A little tip... in the drippings from the pan, fry some onions (golden brown)and put them on top of your mashed potatoes.

• 3 weeks later...

Mon put a few new items on her already big Western Menu, yesterday....

Rack of Ribs with mashed potatoes and salad

Homemade mushroom soup

Nuernberger Bratwuerste (German Sausages, home made with the original Nuernberg, German recipe)

Schweinebraten mit Kloesen (Pork Roast with German dumplings and salad)

Liver and Onions with mashed potatoes and Salad

Spagetti Carbonara (made with real, fresh cream)

Fish and Chips, Enlish style (in newspaper, if you like, with Malt vinegar)

She is closed Wednesdays and we also take the occational motorcycle riding holiday, so if you are coming out from Chiang Mai, you might want to call out first to confirm that she is open.

084-173-9975

We will close for rainy season for sure, starting right after Songkran, until the middle of October, for our annual Canada holiday.

Sorry, no time for recipes today, but I will add more in the future, I promise ;-)