ED visa run - Penang report

Hi, just quick report for you from Penang, Malaysia.

Went by airasia on thursday, got sim card on airport with 3GB 4G net, for about 500 THB, they sell them on your way out.

Taxi to Georgetown for around 40 MYR

I was staying in Cititel express, was a good value/location

Booking from thier website was much cheaper then from booking.com

Here it is http://www.cititelexpress-penang.com/default-en.html

We arrived in late evening, so went for a walk at night, hoping I can find some agents sort my visa out, as I was told its okay to use them, had no clue where to look, but luckly we went to Chulia road, and there is Banana Guesthouse with travel tour and visa service, they open 24/h, so talked to them and was told come friday 9am.

Next day back to agents, I had school documents, I was told that its not easy to get Non immigrant visas now in Penang 50/50, if you dont get it they change it to tourist visa.

The visa fee was 220 + 50 for agents MYR = 270MYR

They mostl refuse visas to some passport holders, or if you missing some document from school.

I had 1 ED in my passport already.

Then I had whole weekend for myself, I had bit of stress as I wasnt sure I get it or not, and there were other people for turist visas and agent didnt even take thier passports as they already had 2 visas, they were told it will be refused...

So went back on monday, I was issued ED visa, and there was no problems.

Tuesday 18:55 flight to Bangkok.

Donmuang officer asked me teacher name, before he stapmed it, so be prepared on random question.

Other then that... dissapointed with the street food, and local food, I was watching on yt, how good it is, but its not even close to thai food, and not so many street stalls, and i was everywhere...

It was worth to go on Penang Hill.

Hope it helps.

Sorry for bad eng.

post-235369-0-45738400-1439975245_thumb.

post-235369-0-46753100-1439975247_thumb.

post-235369-0-45122100-1439975251_thumb.

post-235369-0-12386500-1439975254_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...