RODS REELS IN BIG STORES

mercman24

does anyone know if any big stores sell fishing kit, i live at phra khanong, i know the angling shop at onnut, it would seem all thais fish with 7 foot rods, the longer rods are about 2000 plus baht, was thinking on the lines of a good barbel / carp type rod to toss a heavy feeder out into the river. thanks KC

My favorite places to buy equipment are:

Hat Hai (sp?) Fishing, 300-400 meters both directions from the On Nut BTS stop. They have twin shops, one in either direction from the BTS- 5 minute walk either way. (One has closed, but the OP already knows this shop)

Gamefish Tackle shop, near Wong Wian Yai BTS stop. Best shop I have found outside of BSR. GPS 13°43'36.48"N 100°29'40.52"E Plug that into Google Earth. About a 10 minute brisk walk from BTS, but otherwise hard to describe other than GPS coordinates. It's one of 3 shops in an alley right next to Robinsons.

From this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/625314-best-places-to-buy-fishing-equipment-in-bangkok/

sorry green job, i didn't get the jist of your reply, you mean shops selling fishing kit ? could you possibly name one thank you

Sorry I cant remember the name of the shops But I am sure if you ask they will know. All I can say is they are good

going to shoot out to JJ market tomorrow, i hear there is a chap out there selling fishing kit

There's a tiny shop in the aquarium section (nice guy, but small shop), and there used to be another tiny one in JJ Mall (haven't seen it last few times I was there, but I wasn't looking for it, either).

If you're looking for tackle, your time would be much better spent on the other end of the BTS at Wong Wian Yai. 3 decent size shops within 25 meters of each other. See my post above for directions and GPS.

hi thanks for the info took the train out this afternoon, post an idiots guide ok. take BTS to WONGWIAN YAI, -- EXIT 3, - turn left down stairs,- 50 yards turn right into 1 soi,I KRUNG THON BURI 1- cross road into, 1soi, CHARON ROAD,end of this road is a huge white building, was told ROBINSONS closed but no marking, turn left to cross the road bridge, then exit right, walk up he street and the 3 shops are down the l/h side of the defunct bulding, took me 13 minutes, from station just after huge downpour, got splashed a few times lol.

Archived