A year after the murder of Volker Schwarges friends & family wonder if justice will ever be served

webfact

A year after the murder of Volker Schwarges friends and family wonder if justice will ever be served

German-newpaper-covering-the-murder-case

KOH SAMUI: -- Exactly one year ago today German born Volker Schwarges, 46, was beaten and stabbed to death in Soi Green Mango in Chaweng Samui. Police investigating the case soon established that three youths between the ages of 15 and 17 were responsible for the killing that came about after Mr. Volker berated the group for sitting on his motorcycle in the parking lot of the nightclub.

According to Pol.Col. Satit at the time the suspects confessed to punching and stabbing Schwartges in the neck after the argument escalated before they fled the scene unaware the man was dead. The men were quickly apprehended and charged with premeditated murder after a search of the suspects residences turned up a knife that was reportedly used in the attack. However one year on all three men have yet to be convicted, are at large and it appears the case has gone cold.

Friends and family of Schwartges now doubt that anybody will be brought to justice for the killing. Although the case seems to have gone cold in Samui it is still alive in Germany, the Duesseldorfer Express recently ran an article headlined – “Does this murder remain unsolved and unpunished forever?”

Schwartges best friend John M. from Duesseldorf who visited the murdered Volker several times on Samui said he loves Thailand and South East Asia but since the murder he does not dare to set one foot on what he now calls an “evil island”

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-08-20

There are plenty more cases exactly like this one.....Never mess with the morons as they have lower IQ's and or can be on drugs and nationalistic little nails......smile and walk away.....a stupid confrontation isnt worth losing your life over.

Just another fact as to why all torists, expats and foreigners should avoid the Southern Tourists areas like Samui, Phuket, Phangnga, Krabi, Koh Tao, Hadyai, etc....all re infested with Southern Mafia .Please disseminate this to all your freinds, media, relations and people back in your home countries.

Sad sad but seems like its "normal" here in Land of Scapegoats :

1. Victim : Foreigner

2. Murderers : Thai

3. Sentence : Nothing

This is the injustice that is "normal" in this weird asian country - I hope the Germans never forget to remind this mafia infested country what Justice is cause they dont have a clue them self ...

Off topic ....I know, but still related.

I was 'knocked over' just before the clean up in Vang Vieng Laos when I was reading a small note in the Vientiane times about 2... 19 year olds being a Dutch Female and Aussie guy found dead in a remote 'guesthouse' near Vang Vieng in Laos........ supposedly drug related.

Up until today i am still shocked about the simple way local press and authorities 'write off' the victims of crime or 'accidents' in this region.

Without any follow up of reporting ;suspects or circumstances people, are sent back home in a coffin and that seems to be the end of another (unsolved or suspicious) unlucky person or persons.

It bothers me!

Just another fact as to why all torists, expats and foreigners should avoid the Southern Tourists areas like Samui, Phuket, Phangnga, Krabi, Koh Tao, Hadyai, etc....all re infested with Southern Mafia .Please disseminate this to all your freinds, media, relations and people back in your home countries.

What utter rubbish....what a silly statement ..... as sad as this story is, these things happen all around the world......coffee1.gif

What utter rubbish....what a silly statement ..... as sad as this story is, these things happen all around the world......coffee1.gif

Murders like this are indeed far too common, all around.

However, what is a little different is the Thai attitude to finding those responsible, prosecuting them and then, if convicted, actually punishing them appropriately.

There is a very big list of crimes against foreigners where the perpetrators are known, have been charged, and then nothing. Just fades away. Of course if the perpetrator is/are well connected, wealthy or hiso it will fade well before any charges.

Unique Thai application of justice.

Could it be because the killers are Thai - might it have been another story if they were Myanmar migrant workers...?

Do you not think this reference to Myanmar migrant workers for every crime that happens in Thailand is wearing a bit thin now because I do. Do people think they are in being in some way amusing or what ? Even when it is related to murders like this or the heinous bombing in Bangkok we get it.Please lets drop it

sorry.gif

What utter rubbish....what a silly statement ..... as sad as this story is, these things happen all around the world

That has always been the defense and what with beaches in Libya, Tunisia and Syria you have a great source for future delfection posts going sumui J

thumbsup.gif

Good on the Germans for for keeping it in the publics eye. As the Thai authorities permit these atrocities by non enforcement and tacitly allowing ... the only real recourse is for people to know what happens and take their vacation in other places. This should not be a problem for Thailand as they can replace western tourist with Chinese, Middle Eastern, Indian or whatever nationality they are courting this week to replace lost tourist numbers.

Several years ago there was a cop going around killing backpackers up in Chiangmai. Embassies kicked up a stink and he was suddenly arrested.

A few days later a stunned reporter stated that he saw the killer sitting at a coffee shop as if nothing had happened.

Dont recall any follow up on that story.

A Canadian businessman was chopped up by his Thai wife in Ranong some years back. His seafood export business was going so well the wifes family decided they didnt need him any more even though it was a Canadian(family) based business.

Nothing happened until eventually his family flew out to Thailand and put a fire under the embassies asse. The wife was eventually arrested and bailed to reappear at a later date.

I'm not certain but i think she got a very light sentence most of it suspended . Ranong is a small but very corrupt /dangerous fishing port. Ive been there.

Off topic ....I know, but still related.

I was 'knocked over' just before the clean up in Vang Vieng Laos when I was reading a small note in the Vientiane times about 2... 19 year olds being a Dutch Female and Aussie guy found dead in a remote 'guesthouse' near Vang Vieng in Laos........ supposedly drug related.

Up until today i am still shocked about the simple way local press and authorities 'write off' the victims of crime or 'accidents' in this region.

Without any follow up of reporting ;suspects or circumstances people, are sent back home in a coffin and that seems to be the end of another (unsolved or suspicious) unlucky person or persons.

It bothers me!

Your life is not worth shit here.

Terrible situation..... And the Killers are still walking freely.....

And what is worse the BIB know who the killers are, The old saying is that if you are a Foreigner we don,t care, The German government should get a bit more involved then the wheels might start turning, until then this case will never see a court.

I wouldn't be seen dead visiting the mafia low-life scum-infested Pattaya or any of these mafia low-life scum-infested islands like Koh Samui, Phuket, Koh Phangan or Koh Phi Phi. I have visited them all at least once in the past, and I could detect how dangerous they are. You need to have your eyes open and your sixth sense attuned to the quality of the (Thai and foreign) people around you. There is a strong undercurrent of crime, violence and general lawlessness in all of these places. Even if you keep yourself to yourself, you can easily become a random victim. It isn't even safe to walk anywhere deserted while alone in the daytime, not to mention the night.

The only really safe place in Thailand is Bangkok. It's the only Thai city with a semblance of modernity and a westernized structure, where you can be safe to walk alone even in the middle of the night. You can't do that in European or American cities, of course. But you can in Bangkok. I will only be visiting Bangkok from now on. If you want beaches, there are much better, safer and even cheaper ones to be found close by in Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, with friendly honest people, not people who constantly hassle you, threaten you and rip you off, as is the case at all beach resorts in Thailand, I'm sad to say.

I wouldn't be seen dead visiting the mafia low-life scum-infested Pattaya or any of these mafia low-life scum-infested islands like Koh Samui, Phuket, Koh Phangan or Koh Phi Phi. I have visited them all at least once in the past, and I could detect how dangerous they are. You need to have your eyes open and your sixth sense attuned to the quality of the (Thai and foreign) people around you. There is a strong undercurrent of crime, violence and general lawlessness in all of these places. Even if you keep yourself to yourself, you can easily become a random victim. It isn't even safe to walk anywhere deserted while alone in the daytime, not to mention the night.

The only really safe place in Thailand is Bangkok. It's the only Thai city with a semblance of modernity and a westernized structure, where you can be safe to walk alone even in the middle of the night. You can't do that in European or American cities, of course. But you can in Bangkok. I will only be visiting Bangkok from now on. If you want beaches, there are much better, safer and even cheaper ones to be found close by in Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, with friendly honest people, not people who constantly hassle you, threaten you and rip you off, as is the case at all beach resorts in Thailand, I'm sad to say.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/851110-where-can-i-find-street-food-around-rama-9-near-phra-ram-9-mrt/?p=9777023

Archived