Let your food be your medicine

Well if you go shopping , you won't be able to buy food that will be your medicine, as all food is processed , filled with poisons , hormones , additives and their container (plastic) will poison it more by leaking chemicals into it.

You can still stay away from processed foods , fast foods and deep fried anything. Avoid sugars. Alchohol. Bad oils, fatty meats......Sure most stuff is contaminated to some degree or another. But eating as close to fresh as possible and excercise has its benefits.

Use only rice bran, olive and sunflower oil. Do not even consider cooking with the super inferior soybean, corn or palm oils. They are poison. The first ones have a high flash point, and have far less saturated fat than the latter ones. Also, use only whole grain rice at home. Thailand has some exceptionally good dark rices. Some of it is organically grown. They are really delicious.

Some of you people must have set a goal to attempt to live forever and your diet seems to be considered as having the most affect in this quest..

Modern medicine has brought longivity a long way and diet does have some affect, but when compared to the factors which have an effect on our health, diet is probably not so important. I know those who live on veggies those who make a living prmoting healthy eating, exercise, etc allo have their own agenda, good for them. T^he jury is stillo out on what is most inportant to long life while still maintanlng good health..

I can tell you its no fun to watch your friends, neighbor, work colleges, etc pass on as it can get kind of lonely and the younger generation have better things to do than listen to the old folks. Eat, drink what you enjoy and find satisfying, Yes even salt, beer, wine, whisky, beef steak, pork chops fried eggs, lard, etc may not be considered good for you by some people but nither is the polluted air we breath. Enjoy life while when you can

Some of you people must have set a goal to attempt to live forever and your diet seems to be considered as having the most affect in this quest..

Modern medicine has brought longivity a long way and diet does have some affect, but when compared to the factors which have an effect on our health, diet is probably not so important. I know those who live on veggies those who make a living prmoting healthy eating, exercise, etc allo have their own agenda, good for them. T^he jury is stillo out on what is most inportant to long life while still maintanlng good health..

I can tell you its no fun to watch your friends, neighbor, work colleges, etc pass on as it can get kind of lonely and the younger generation have better things to do than listen to the old folks. Eat, drink what you enjoy and find satisfying, Yes even salt, beer, wine, whisky, beef steak, pork chops fried eggs, lard, etc may not be considered good for you by some people but nither is the polluted air we breath. Enjoy life while when you can

I not want to live forever, but i not like to spend the last 10 years of my life in a home for old people. I would like to die healty with a heartattacke.

My thinking goes more in to the direkten what kind of food we give to our children.

There eat egg, and there not red from the food the eating from. The eggs are red because the feed industrie but some red powder inside to make them red.

We breed and raise livestock who not grow with out feed from the industrie.

A strawberry joghurt have no strawberry inside, but the taste come from a chemical cocktail.

A Lemonjuice have no lemon inside.

A ham have more water inside then pork.

We are pushing the cows to the limit to get cheap milk, and after we are woundering us why the milk is unhealthy.

Why so many children have allergies?

If i am 70 years old and i come to Thailand to enjoy me retirement. This guy will think not in a some way like somebody with 30 or 40 years who have small children here.

The children more and more fat, can not site quiet 1 hour on an cheer, because the pushed up with all the chemie cocktails. Where is everywhere in all this sweet staff.

Healty food give us healty children. And not children who got punised by diabethis because the parents dont care about the food what there eat.

There are so many factors to be considered in this subject, and some good points have been made in this discussion so far. In my opinion, the western laboratory science approach to nutrition is only part of the picture.

Traditional medicine and dietary models and customs of food preparation and combinations have much more to offer, Indian ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine (and Thai traditional medicine at it's best) recognize properties in foods that modern science has yet to explore.

As a relatively healthy 69 yo, still doing hard physical work (climbed and pruned 40 foot trees yesterday) I attribute much to being a student and practitioner of Chinese dietary medicine. Factors that are recognized in TCM that aren't observed in modern science are the thermal qualities of foods (heat and cold that certain foods produce in the body), yin and yang balancing (macrobiotics system introduced me to this), five elements, five tastes, food preparation and balancing methods, clearing of trapped heat, cooling foods consumption (and avoidance of heating foods and drinks) to balance hot climate factors, promotion of energy movement through the channels that certain foods can facilitate (as in acupuncture meridians), etc. are also important factors for understanding food as medicine. Herbs can be extraordinary catalysts for balance and health, and I couldn't live without having a TCM doctor available for assistance, but for everyday healthy food as medicine, we can do so much ourselves.

Here is a Link to a Organic Farm in Germany. But also a version in english.

http://www.herrmannsdorfer.de/ideen-und-grundsaetze/english-version/

We harvest what we seeding.

The german word for food is "Lebensmittel". Lebens - Mittel = Life - Medium. And what we eat today? There is no life inside. Phosphat and "E" Numbers are inside.

But how to manage this in the real life?

I am searching many times the thai web for a organic farm, based on meat pig.

Like this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swabian-Hall_swine

But on free range i find only the small "thai wild pig". And this is not what i am looking for.

Maybe some have a idee?

• 4 weeks later...

Use only rice bran, olive and sunflower oil. Do not even consider cooking with the super inferior soybean, corn or palm oils. They are poison. The first ones have a high flash point, and have far less saturated fat than the latter ones. Also, use only whole grain rice at home. Thailand has some exceptionally good dark rices. Some of it is organically grown. They are really delicious.

Don't ever cook on sunflower oil. It is rich in polyunsaturated oils which after heating will become trans fat.

Palm oil can be 2 types. One is from actual fruit(red in color) and is ok. Another one (cheaper) is from kernel of that fruit it is also ok chemically but it uses extra processes so I would avoid it.

You can safely cook on coconut oil, olive oil or butter.

Avoid rice at all costs it doesn't have anything in it except sugar.

Good video to watch

Don't ever cook on sunflower oil. It is rich in polyunsaturated oils which after heating will become trans fat.

Palm oil can be 2 types. One is from actual fruit(red in color) and is ok. Another one (cheaper) is from kernel of that fruit it is also ok chemically but it uses extra processes so I would avoid it.

You can safely cook on coconut oil, olive oil or butter.

Avoid rice at all costs it doesn't have anything in it except sugar.

Good video to watch

I disagree. Your information about sunflower oil was helpful. I am going to eliminate it, after reading up some more. But, rice bran oil appears to the the oil of choice, for me. It is exceptionally good. On a lot of levels. First of all, rice is incredibly healthy, as long as it is whole grain. This oil is made only from the bran. Here is some information about it.

(Olive, Sunflower or Canola - Which Oil is Healthier?)

According to Dr. Ritika Samaddar, Chief Dietician at Max Healthcare, “Rice bran oil is a relatively new entrant in the category of cooking oils and perhaps the healthiest. This is for a number of reasons: for one, it’s got an ideal balance of PUFA which is polyunsaturated fats and MUFA which is monounsaturated fats. To be precise, rice bran oil has 37 percent PUFA and 45 percent MUFA, almost a 1:1 ratio. Your usual cooking oils are all rich in polyunsaturated fats and are now looking to create an ideal balance of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. In fact Saffola has recently launched a new product which claims to contain a unique balance of PUFA and MUFA making it healthier than the rest.”

http://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/why-rice-bran-oil-is-one-of-the-healthiest-improves-heart-health-745433?desktop=true.

The issue with coconut and olive oil is that they tend to color the flavor of the food way to much. Olive is good for cooking vegetables, but not much else, for me. Coconut is way too flavorful for cooking. Rice Bran tastes great, and has a super high flash point.

I've been health conscious for a few years now and feel pretty good. About 1 month ago I removed chicken from my diet, not really expecting any health benefits, but I now feel great and have lost a kilo. Is it all in my mind? - I don't know, but just thought I'd share my experience ;-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After removing carbohydrates and sugars from my food i lost 10 kilo, feel better then ever.

Did it after i got a warning of the doctor that my glucose levels were a bit high.

Instead of waiting and continue eating what i did i studied everything i could get my hands (eyes) on.

The LCHF (low carbohydrate, high fat) seems to be the most logical one so i choose that.

So after a few months without rice, patatoes, pasta, bread, fruit which all are just sugars and replacing it with foods high in fat my energy levels are up but most importantly my blood has no trace of anything bad at all.

The struggle is buying products without sugar. All the yogurts, milk which should be without sugar are loaded with it. Sure the fat is out, but just replaced with sugar.

I really think this 0% fat and unknown amounts of sugar makes people fatter then ever. You THINK you eat healthy but you don't.

Congratulations [emoji106]

If man made it or it comes in a box or bag possibly not eat ? Seems a little extreme but Khlong Toie has made much possible for me and getting juicer and blender has helped . I know little but share again this incredible market that has changed much for me .

Archived