BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lite Beer

France: 2 Americans subdue gunman on high-speed train

Ahh the Religion of Peace. Heading into the weekend, why not an atrocity to start things off right.

It's not clear.....Did the gunman just start shooting randomly, or did he attack the soldiers (and lose, haha som nom na)? That the soldiers were the ones injured suggests the latter.

According to the article, the gunman opened fire wounding two people before two American passengers subdued him. You get an F in reading comprehension. The answer to your question was the first paragraph.

"A gunman opened fire on a high-speed train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris on Friday, wounding two people before two American passengers subdued him, officials said."

Americans coming to the rescue of France again.

Yorktown 1776 the French did the same.

Unfortunately the government of the United States has pushed the multi-culturalism and mass immigration from the Islamic world and Africa that is ruining Europe and made this latest attack possible . The American government has continuously pushed for the inclusion of 90 million Muzz Turks in the EU and NATO bombers made the jihadist conquest of Kosovo a reality. There are many such examples. Of course neither the American or European people are in favor of this but we have an elite class which is. Obozo is now flooding the USA with Muzz immigrants as well. The "Camp of the Saints" is a reality in all of the Western world.

Semper Fi USMC for your herorism on this train. The French sites I am following all speak of your courage and of their gratitude; as well as their frustration with France's multicultural nightmare.

Good for the 2 Marines, incredibly lucky that they happened to hear the sound of an automatic weapon being loaded, through a toilet door on a moving high speed train.

Things could so easily have been different.

Please skip the trial. Hand him over to the people for his fate. Put him in the street and televise it.

Progressive.

coffee1.gif

Looks like the two Marines worked him over a bit.

I echo Simple1's praise of the men who stopped this waste of space.

Epic "Jihad Fail" as he was armed to the teeth.

Overpowered by bare hands it seems, unless I've missed something.

Predictability there will be - "Wait until evidence. We don't know"

Fair enough, but for now my guess is an "IS inspired" loser.

The BBC claim the following.....

French media said the arrested man was known to the intelligence services

More of us than we realise, may be 'known' to intelligence services....

But I think it is safe to be confident what motivated this man.

Stop it. It's not funny, nor historically accurate and insults the British and Canadian forces who suffered heavy casualties in the Normandy invasion. Operation Overlord saw the active participation of the Belgian, French and Dutch forces.

The US marines were in the right place at the right time. Had British or Dutch or German military personnel been present they would have done similar. As the Charlie Hebdo massacre and the Sydney murders demonstrated, there are civilians who can also be counted upon to sacrifice themselves to protect others. Doing the right thing is not exclusive to the USA. These chaps are to be praised for their quick thinking, and for doing the right thing. That's it.

"A third person, French actor Jean-Hugues Anglade, suffered a minor injury while activating the train's emergency alarm, Lorthiois said."

Funny.

He was not in close proximity to the shooter. He did the right thing. There is no need to ridicule the man. The sooner the alarm was raised and the train stopped, the safer all passengers were.

It's not clear.....Did the gunman just start shooting randomly, or did he attack the soldiers (and lose, haha som nom na)? That the soldiers were the ones injured suggests the latter.

Your suggestion that it is OK to take a gun on a train to shoot soldiers is despicable.

Wow!!! Just WOW! Where do you draw that from???? Even with the most <deleted>-tinted glasses, it beggars belief that you can find any sort of suggestion in MY QUESTION about who the gunman attacked.

According to the article, the gunman opened fire wounding two people before two American passengers subdued him. You get an F in reading comprehension. The answer to your question was the first paragraph.

"A gunman opened fire on a high-speed train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris on Friday, wounding two people before two American passengers subdued him, officials said."

" one of the Americans was hospitalized with serious wound", plus "two people were wounded"...ie, One of the soldiers was one of the wounded.

I don't accept reading comprehension grades from someone with no ability in that area.

Yorktown 1776 the French did the same.

Unfortunately the government of the United States has pushed the multi-culturalism and mass immigration from the Islamic world and Africa that is ruining Europe and made this latest attack possible . The American government has continuously pushed for the inclusion of 90 million Muzz Turks in the EU and NATO bombers made the jihadist conquest of Kosovo a reality. There are many such examples. Of course neither the American or European people are in favor of this but we have an elite class which is. Obozo is now flooding the USA with Muzz immigrants as well. The "Camp of the Saints" is a reality in all of the Western world.

Semper Fi USMC for your herorism on this train. The French sites I am following all speak of your courage and of their gratitude; as well as their frustration with France's multicultural nightmare.

What a stretch to blame the US for the multicultural situation in the EU. Every sovereign country has the right to decide who it will or will not accept. One of the main groups who pushed for more positive attitudes toward immigrants was the UNHCR, which is centered in Geneva, Switzerland and is mostly dominated by Europeans and people from smaller countries. The UNHCR made significant efforts to get refugees resettled.

I think it is a bit of a stretch to insinuate that a Moroccan in Europe is somehow because of US immigration policies.

Your suggestion that it is OK to take a gun on a train to shoot soldiers is despicable.

Wow!!! Just WOW! Where do you draw that from???? Even with the most <deleted>-tinted glasses, it beggars belief that you can find any sort of suggestion in MY QUESTION about who the gunman attacked.

My apologies if that is not what you meant.

Off-topic post removed. WWII is off-topic.