BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lite Beer

France: 2 Americans subdue gunman on high-speed train

I was....I am....I shall always be....a United States Marine.

Thank you for your service. thumbsup.gif

I share your Thanks with every man and woman who has had to courage to put on a uniform, regardless of which branch of the military, and by doing so, openly proclaim: "I am ready to defend my country, even if it means my own death."

(But we Jarheads think we're special, because we are! lol)whistling.gif

But only in America rolleyes.gif

BTW; Arras happens to be the birthplace of Robespierre. I can't stand the <deleted>; but wouldn't mind using his guillotine on this goat-sh**** ing jihadist. He will unfortunately be pampered royalty in prison; where the Muzz make-up the overwhelming majority of prisoners.

Well done guys, hope you got a few kicks in !!

At the beginning of the video I posted one of the soldiers said "dude, I tried to shoot him". smile.png

What happened in this train is awful and i'm thankful for the brave American soldiers who certainly saved scores of lives but I feel dismayed when i read some comments on the Arab ethnicity and Muslim immigrants.

The 28 years old man who saved a French tourist from drowning in Italy last month was Moroccan (http://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2015/05/159307/italy-moroccan-hailed-as-hero-for-saving-man-who-fell-into-river/)

The cop who got killed trying to arrest Charlie Hebdo terrorists was of Algerian descent.

The current French education minister is of Moroccan descent.

The current Mayor of Rotterdam is of Moroccan descent.

etc...

Bad people exist in every community and every country. One shouldn't be judged by the color of their skin. It sounds obvious but i think sometimes this should be reminded.

Pic of the shooter. Looks like he got roughed up a bit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3206426/U-S-Marines-armed-gunman-onboard-high-speed-train-Amsterdam-Paris.html

One Marine was shot in the neck but reports say it's not serious.

Good thing they recognized the sound of someone locking and loading, or were even there as it sounds like the shooter had nine-30 round mags:

"French police recovered at least nine full magazines of ammunition from the suspect's backpack, containing almost 300 rounds"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3206426/U-S-Marines-armed-gunman-onboard-high-speed-train-Amsterdam-Paris.html#ixzz3jVicklBn

Roughed up? Oh my! The Hollande government may now charge the Marines with a " hate crime" ; especially if there were any culturally insensitive remarks made about his Muzz religion or ethnicity. Marine Le Pen for her part; has already thanked the Marines for their courage on her Facebook page. Perhaps better days are ahead for Europe?

How ill-informed you are. France committed ground forces and defeated Islamic extremism (Mali). France has armed forces allocated and fighting Islamist forces in the M.E., refer below.

https://theconversation.com/french-military-will-be-on-the-frontline-against-islamic-extremists-for-years-to-come-36022

Perhaps you need to read up on Le Pen's anti Americanism & support for Putin before heaping praise upon her.

I would be happy to debate you on the subjects of both Marine Le Pen and Russia; but this is definitely off topic and will not be permitted on this thread. Le Pen is not "anti-American" but has issues with some American policies as do I. I recall all the European leaders who were opposed to the Iraq war and were slurred as being "anti-American" a decade ago. Many of these same people now support Donald Trump who was vehemently opposed to the Iraq war as well. Is Trump also "anti-American"? I am a paleo-conservative who opposed the Iraq war and open borders as well; but don't consider myself anti-American in the least.

Hollande received 93% of the Muzz vote in the last presidential election and despite what was done in Mali; has a long sordid history of collaboration with the islamic invasion. I could give you a long list of outrageous examples of this .

post-128520-0-58232900-1440228688_thumb.

Americans coming to the rescue of France again.

Yes, but i doubt Obama even knows where France is . He is the only American president that has not attended the memorial service for fallen ex GI's since the end of WW2.

Hopefully Mods will permit a response. Even though I'm not a US national,cannot let the slur pass.

June 2014:

Later that afternoon, President Obama attends the official international 70th D-Day commemoration ceremony at Sword Beach, Normandy, and then departs for the USA.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/foreign-policy/europe-trip-june-2014

Obama Receives Multiple Standing Ovations For Memorial Day Speech Thanking The Troops

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/05/25/obama-receives-multiple-standing-ovations-memorial-day-speech-thanking-troops.html

Americans coming to the rescue of France again.

Thank you very much to these Americans. This could have been a real carnage. The problem is, the French justice will release the Islamic terrorist very soon.

Hail to the two American Marines who have prevented another atrocity. And more food for thought to those governments that allow itinerant so called migrants to invade your country, impose their perversion of religion on you and want to kill anyone that does not agree with them. This attempted event will be repeated continuously whilst you allow these people to invade your country. And if the adults do not cause you harm, rest assured that their children will unleash terror on you. Stop the flood. Let their countries of birth take responsibility for them because these economic tourists will kill your country.

I just did a few train trips and could have brought anything on I desired.

Not sure u can brought a bicycle on every train in France cheesy.gif ;

I know what I'm talking about .

One of the last trains I was on had 3-4 bikes. It wasn't in France, but they were in very large bags and took up a good part of one compartment!

"The argument is typical of those who will not accept responsibility for their own actions. You might want to read up on the history of Morocco. The French and Spanish both have a long history there."

You might want to read up on the numerous invasions of Spain and France by North African muslim armies and pirates as well. Spain was invaded and occuppied for seven hundred years by Muslim armies which were not invited in as guests. They conquered with the sword. France was repeatedly invaded by Muslim armies and victim of Muslim pirate raids which burnt cities to the ground and took Europeans into slavery. More than a million Europeans were enslaved by North African pirate raids over the centuries. Even the American President Thomas Jefferson had to deal with them. By your logic the later day colonization of North Africa was then justified. Europe has no moral obligation to accept unlimited immigration because of this colonization which we are constantly reminded of. The muslims have their countries and culture and we have ours.

How extremely fortunate that there were 2 competent Americans right on the scene or this could have been mass murder on a grand scale. The odds that serving soldiers would close enough to recognise the danger and snuff it out before it got going are very long indeed.

I suppose the upshot of this will be that train security will now have to be upgraded to the level of airport security, another victory for the terrorists.

For a lesson in common sense when it comes to Muslims in Europe (and a lesson in the Dutch language, if you like that kind of thing), I recommend this 6-minute video (interestingly, he mentions security on trains explicitly).

Merzik there is a nice little anti American bash thread going over on the Thai news branch. SJ newspaper labeled their Thai bomb headline Taiwan and not Thailand. Why not head over there and bleat about American pig ignorance, cultural elites, and anything else which is causing you indigestion and constipation. Perhaps even vomit up some of your personal political historical conspiracy theories and pontificate..

This OP and article is about a group of travelers who spontaneously acted with great heroism and bravery, preventing something horrifically ugly. We even have a film star acting nobly. Bravo! Can you please go take a dump on another thread.

Wusses. France should be an easy target with this type of attitude. Sounds as if the glorious train staff ran for safety and locked people in with the terrorist. Wussies with a capital P.

People are learning, one needs to take the bull by the horns when dealing with crazy banshee Muslims. Running for cover will just get you killed.

The French actor Jean-Hugues Anglade, who was on board the Thalys train when the attacker was foiled, has hit out at train staff who he claims barricaded themselves away from the attacker, and refused to help the trapped passengers.
He described how the train staff had "pale faces", and that they went towards their office, opened the door with a special key then shut themselves inside.
He added: "We hit the door, crying out for the staff to let us enter, we shouted "open!", one hoped they would react. In vain... No one responded. Silent radio.