Interesting Experiement

Gonzo the Face

An interesting experiement you may want to try

Go to a store like a Rimping Super Store and take a package of cheese that is locally [in store] packaged and weighed and a package of factory packaged cheese, take them to like the produce scale or meat scale or coffee scale that are around the store. Compare the weights marked vs the weight printed. Maybe you will be suprised.

Some things that we never do as Westeners, as we have become complacent and assume that all is to be trusted.

I thought this to be interesting.....

Gonzo

:o

An interesting experiement you may want to try

Go to a store like a Rimping Super Store and take a package of cheese that is locally [in store] packaged and weighed and a package of factory packaged cheese, take them to like the produce scale or meat scale or coffee scale that are around the store. Compare the weights marked vs the weight printed. Maybe you will be suprised.

Some things that we never do as Westeners, as we have become complacent and assume that all is to be trusted.

I thought this to be interesting.....

Gonzo

:o

I'm guessing that they are selling stuff underweight?

It doesn't really surprise me. Another thing that annoys me is when you buy something eg. coffee beans - and they weigh the bag as well as the contents to get your gross weight!

Another thing that annoys me is when you buy something eg. coffee beans - and they weigh the bag as well as the contents to get your gross weight!

Those plastic bags weigh a LOT.

Those sly devils! :o

They have these foil-wrapped bags which are considerably heavier than plastic bags - the point being that the money is better in my pocket than in the owners of Rimping supermarket...

Before we hunt down the owners of Rimping and lynch them, there is something to remember.....

A scale is only accurate in the middle 1/3 of its' range! No scale is ever calibrated for the first or last third of its' range.

This ratio remains true regardless of scale type, this means digitals scales also.

Make sure your TEST weight falls within this parameter. :o

Edited by Diablo Bob

Before we hunt down the owners of Rimping and lynch them, there is something to remember.....

A scale is only accurate in the middle 1/3 of its' range! No scale is ever calibrated for the first or last third of its' range.

This ratio remains true regardless of scale type, this means digitals scales also.

Strange, because Weights and Measures (in the UK) insist on accuracy in all 3 areas...

Strange, because Weights and Measures (in the UK) insist on accuracy in all 3 areas...

Don't confuse tolerance with accuracy. The +/- tolerance in the outer thirds will be higher than the middle third. As manufactured, the scales will publish a tolerance, which weights/measures verifies. The tolerance is the key.

A scale is only accurate within the middle third. The tolerance within the middle third might be +/- .01% , in the outer thirds the tolerance would probably be +/- .05%