Linking thai paypal account with Kasikorn bank account

Hello there,

I have opened payapal thailand account and tried to link that account with my kasikorn bank account.

Paypal recomended to wait 6 business days. I have checked my account trough internet banking but could not find any deposits.

I have asked kasikorn in which formt i should register bank account with dashes or not. (for example 33-3333-3 or just 333333).

After few emails they say i should check with paypal.

The paypal just say the bank must have electronic bank trnsfer.

Does any of you have some experience with this?

What would be the proper format.

Thanks

I registered my kasikorn bank account with PayPal without any problem whatsoever and it works fine. Only annoyance I find is that when you make a transfer from your PayPal account to your bank account, it takes a full 7 days to reach the account. Works flawlessly though. As for the account number, insert it in thes box in PayPal just as you see it written in your bank book.

paypal sends a small money request to your account , maybe 20 baht or so to see if it is a real account ,

the problem is that if your debit account is not set up to send international payments the request bounces and they think the account is bogus , the money request comes from Paypal in Singapore ,

at least that was how it worked 2 years ago when we set up the Ebay and Paypal accounts

• Like 1

Curious. Are you sending baht to a baht account at kasikorn? Can paypal convert your foreign money to baht? If so, what kind of exchange rate? I use XE, but am willing to try paypal if it is cheaper/or a better rate. XE cost 21 usd to send to the Bank here....and they convert my dollars to baht, before wiring to my Bank of Bangkok Baht account. Takes 7 working days..but no sweat. I only do this four times a year.

You need Bangkok bank .

You don't need Bangkok Bank,

I've have a Paypal account linked to my Kasikorn Virtual Visa and to my Kasikorn Bank Account for about 5 years maybe more.

To the OP

My Kasikorn Bank account number is in this format 888-8-8888-8

However in Paypal if I go to see which account is linked it simply shows x-8888 (ie x-last 4 digits)

I don't remember what format I entered the number in, but it was easy so I probably just put it exactly as the Bank give it to me.

The same with the virtual visa I have linked.

Good luck.

If your Kasikorn account doesn't have a virtual visa number, you can use your regular bank account number. It will be accepted by paypal.

After two to three days, get a mini-statement from an ATM machine and input the amount into your paypal account to verify it.

• Like 1

After you have opened a Paypal account……

At Kasikorn you need to have online access (K-cyber account) – This is different to just having a normal bank account.

To do this you need to go into Kasikorn bank to get K-cyber access - There you will need to sign a second form (in Thai) that lists name, account number, and email address.

You will then get the login info via email (normally within 24 hours) - This is Kasikorn telling you that your K-cyber account is set up and they will also provide you with a log in and password.

When you follow instructions and log in with the password provided – This initial login will then also require the password and user name to be changed from the ones send by email.

They also require a 2nd password - This 2nd password is only used for when transactions occur (You can get access to your account by using the login and password you get by email and subsequently change, but if you want to do anything more than check information such as change contact details or add payees etc you will be required to use this second password than).

You can create a simple (never changes) second password or this can be alternatively done via uniquely generated password via SMS and this is where Kasikorn will not use the never changing password, but rather will send on every transaction a OTC to your mobile for each transaction - Either way this is required prior to more sensative access to your online account such as making payments after you have done the initial login and have gained simpler access to your online activity.

Now go to the Kasikorn web site and from the drop down select "K-Cyber Banking. A new window will open. Choose ENG for your language.

In order to make online purchases or transactions – You now have to create a K-web shopping virtual credit card. This is an example where you are requiring the 2nd password. Once the application is completed within 24 hours of making the application you will have a virtual credit card.

What this means is you will be emailed a 16-digit number (same as a Visa card), expiration date, and a CCV (the 3 digits on the back of the card). But one important difference is that there is no actual card and all of this is virtual. But the bank uses this like a real card that you might normally use to make payments to / from any bank account.

Once this has been done now go to your Thai PayPal account and log in and then add the virtual account now linked to your Kasikorn account. Once this card is accepted then PayPal will then require a verification process (available to begin in this same session) that will allow Paypal check that this is actually your account at Kasikorn.

They will deduct an amount from the account and the transaction will be listed as something like PAYPAL1234 (the structure might be slightly different now) on your Kasikorn bank statement. These four digits will then have to be posted into your PayPal account to verify - So you do need to go back to Paypal and enter this verification after you see the transaction on your Kasikorn account.

The way that this actually occurs is that once you receive the email confirmation that PayPal has actually deducted money (from your Kasikorn account) this is when you will be able to collect and provide the 4 digits that you need - to confirm your Paypal account – Hence as I said previously just go into Paypal account and enter the 4 digits - In a new field that has been created on your paypal account that is awaiting this four digit code.

(Once you have been verified then PayPal will reimburse the amount taken in the verification process.)

You can now shop online and transfer money, etc.

Note: Bank account must be entered without the dashes.

• Like 1

My friend had exactly the same problem. The reason is that kasikorn do not display these small paypal deposits your internet banking statement.

What does happen, as in my case, the two small paypal deposits are notified to you by a text message to your phone by kasikorn

Problem that my friend has ,and still has, is that paypal will not resend these payments to your account. So if you missed them your buggered.

You need to start over again and open a new Thai Paypal account

W

The paypal deposit was shown on my K-Bank statement.

Just checked my online statements and they did not appear on mine. So it seems kasikorn is not consistent in this matter

As to getting a K-Web Shopping Card - I cannot remember if this is a necessary step , but if you don't have one and PapyPal sent you the deposits then it obviously is not necessary. However getting one is worthwhile an very useful

Edited by pattayasnowman

The paypal deposit was shown on my K-Bank statement.

Just checked my online statements and they did not appear on mine. So it seems kasikorn is not consistent in this matter

As to getting a K-Web Shopping Card - I cannot remember if this is a necessary step , but if you don't have one and PapyPal sent you the deposits then it obviously is not necessary. However getting one is worthwhile an very useful

I have a proper credit card (not a secured one or a virtual one).... maybe that makes the difference.

After you have opened a Paypal account……

At Kasikorn you need to have online access (K-cyber account) – This is different to just having a normal bank account.

To do this you need to go into Kasikorn bank to get K-cyber access - There you will need to sign a second form (in Thai) that lists name, account number, and email address.

You will then get the login info via email (normally within 24 hours) - This is Kasikorn telling you that your K-cyber account is set up and they will also provide you with a log in and password.

When you follow instructions and log in with the password provided – This initial login will then also require the password and user name to be changed from the ones send by email.

They also require a 2nd password - This 2nd password is only used for when transactions occur (You can get access to your account by using the login and password you get by email and subsequently change, but if you want to do anything more than check information such as change contact details or add payees etc you will be required to use this second password than).

You can create a simple (never changes) second password or this can be alternatively done via uniquely generated password via SMS and this is where Kasikorn will not use the never changing password, but rather will send on every transaction a OTC to your mobile for each transaction - Either way this is required prior to more sensative access to your online account such as making payments after you have done the initial login and have gained simpler access to your online activity.

Now go to the Kasikorn web site and from the drop down select "K-Cyber Banking. A new window will open. Choose ENG for your language.

In order to make online purchases or transactions – You now have to create a K-web shopping virtual credit card. This is an example where you are requiring the 2nd password. Once the application is completed within 24 hours of making the application you will have a virtual credit card.

What this means is you will be emailed a 16-digit number (same as a Visa card), expiration date, and a CCV (the 3 digits on the back of the card). But one important difference is that there is no actual card and all of this is virtual. But the bank uses this like a real card that you might normally use to make payments to / from any bank account.

Once this has been done now go to your Thai PayPal account and log in and then add the virtual account now linked to your Kasikorn account. Once this card is accepted then PayPal will then require a verification process (available to begin in this same session) that will allow Paypal check that this is actually your account at Kasikorn.

They will deduct an amount from the account and the transaction will be listed as something like PAYPAL1234 (the structure might be slightly different now) on your Kasikorn bank statement. These four digits will then have to be posted into your PayPal account to verify - So you do need to go back to Paypal and enter this verification after you see the transaction on your Kasikorn account.

The way that this actually occurs is that once you receive the email confirmation that PayPal has actually deducted money (from your Kasikorn account) this is when you will be able to collect and provide the 4 digits that you need - to confirm your Paypal account – Hence as I said previously just go into Paypal account and enter the 4 digits - In a new field that has been created on your paypal account that is awaiting this four digit code.

(Once you have been verified then PayPal will reimburse the amount taken in the verification process.)

You can now shop online and transfer money, etc.

Note: Bank account must be entered without the dashes.

Thanks for thorough explanation. I have my K bank acces and i did what you mention and what other. But simply after 10 days i havent seen either in account summary or transaction history any transactions from Paypal.

I somehow do not understand how will the virtual debit card be of use. When i send the money to the paypal account then i have the option to transfer the money from paypal to account. Im not sure if that will be possible when registered with virtual card.

I will try it again without dashes. I do not remember now whweether i registered it with or without.

This is the correct reply, anything else is BS from people who know nothing.

Register online for the Kasikorn Virtual Debit Card and link it to that.

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/Debit/Pages/KWebShopping.aspx

In what way is this correct? Can i move the money from paypal to the bank account when i have registered virtual card?

I need to have money on my Thai account not on virtual card.

• Like 1

We sell on USA ebay and are paid with paypal in US$ that go into a Thai based Paypal account ,

then you can transfer those funds into your Thai K-bank account at a so-so exchange rate and 5-7 days.

Nice thing in the USA is they will give you a Paypal Debit card (Mastercard I think ) so you can use your paypal funds that way.

its all seems to work , and a way to get paid on the net

I have k-cyber banking and also tried linking my account , but it would not work. I went to one of the branches two days ago but the manager said paypal is not a kasikorn product (he means kbank does not link accounts with paypal)

The manager is clueless.

• Like 1

The OP talks about withdrawing from the account. This can only be done by attaching a bank account. It can take up to 10 days for withdrawals to show. If an account number has been entered wrongly then Paypal will show a reversal.

Other posters have gone on to talk about verification. This can be done with the visa debit card K Bank issue although it may be necessary to liaise with the bank as the user code sent by Paypal may not be visible ,which can be difficult.

By registering for cyber banking it is then possible to apply for a web shopping card. This works just like a credit card.

Just checked my paypal account and it shows

Kasikornbank Public Co.,Ltd.
x-0584 Thailand

i.e. dashes (-)

but when I tried to add a new account with dashes I got error

You have entered an invalid Bank account number for a bank account in Thailand. Please make sure the number contains no dashes or spaces and is between 6 and 15 digits.

NO DASHES

• Like 1

The OP talks about withdrawing from the account. This can only be done by attaching a bank account. It can take up to 10 days for withdrawals to show. If an account number has been entered wrongly then Paypal will show a reversal.

Other posters have gone on to talk about verification. This can be done with the visa debit card K Bank issue although it may be necessary to liaise with the bank as the user code sent by Paypal may not be visible ,which can be difficult.

By registering for cyber banking it is then possible to apply for a web shopping card. This works just like a credit card.

I thought the OP was talking about linking his Kbank account to his paypal account.

This is the correct reply, anything else is BS from people who know nothing.

Register online for the Kasikorn Virtual Debit Card and link it to that.

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/Debit/Pages/KWebShopping.aspx

Sorry about that but that is not correct. My PayPal account is registered with one of my KBank debit cards and NOT to my Kasikorn Virtual Debit Card and it has worked very well for the past couple of years.

There are many people on this forum who use their debit or credit for years and we can't ALL be wrong.

PS. This is NO BS.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 2