Linking thai paypal account with Kasikorn bank account

The OP talks about withdrawing from the account. This can only be done by attaching a bank account. It can take up to 10 days for withdrawals to show. If an account number has been entered wrongly then Paypal will show a reversal.

Other posters have gone on to talk about verification. This can be done with the visa debit card K Bank issue although it may be necessary to liaise with the bank as the user code sent by Paypal may not be visible ,which can be difficult.

By registering for cyber banking it is then possible to apply for a web shopping card. This works just like a credit card.

I thought the OP was talking about linking his Kbank account to his paypal account.

Yes exactly. As i was not able see the verification amount on my k bank account when logged into inet bankink. One reason might be that i first put the account with dashes. Cant remember. Now i tried without.

Can i transfer money from paypal account trough virtual card to bank account?

I have had a K-Web card linked to a PayPal account for several years. The K-Web card has a life of 2 years and, just before the expiration date, they extend it for another 2 years and issue a new CVV. This year it was not extended. I contacted the call centre and was told it's a new policy to cancel the card after 2 years and issue a completely new card.

This, of course, meant registering the new card with PayPal. As has been said earlier, PayPal debit the account by 70 Baht and included in the description was a 4 digit code which I have to send back to PayPal to confirm the card. Finding out the code was difficult. It was not shown on my online account, or in my passbook. When calling the call centre I was told to contact my local branch, when contacting my local branch I was told to contact the call centre.

I tried contacting PayPal and they said I could confirm the card if I sent them a scan of the card to prove I had it in my possession. I told them it was a virtual card, so I couldn't provide a scan, and they replied that they don't allow virtual cards to be used on PayPal and that they were in the process of checking cards registered with them to discover the virtual ones.

After trying 2 other Kasikorn branches, I eventually got a result. The clerk understood the problem, contacted the call centre himself and got the code. I confirmed the card with PayPal, and finally, all is OK. Until, that is, they discover it's a virtual card. But that may never happen.

Edited by delboy
  • Like 1

I have had a K-Web card linked to a PayPal account for several years. The K-Web card has a life of 2 years and, just before the expiration date, they extend it for another 2 years and issue a new CVV. This year it was not extended. I contacted the call centre and was told it's a new policy to cancel the card after 2 years and issue a completely new card.

This, of course, meant registering the new card with PayPal. As has been said earlier, PayPal debit the account by 70 Baht and included in the description was a 4 digit code which I have to send back to PayPal to confirm the card. Finding out the code was difficult. It was not shown on my online account, or in my passbook. When calling the call centre I was told to contact my local branch, when contacting my local branch I was told to contact the call centre.

I tried contacting PayPal and they said I could confirm the card if I sent them a scan of the card to prove I had it in my possession. I told them it was a virtual card, so I couldn't provide a scan, and they replied that they don't allow virtual cards to be used on PayPal and that they were in the process of checking cards registered with them to discover the virtual ones.

After trying 2 other Kasikorn branches, I eventually got a result. The clerk understood the problem, contacted the call centre himself and got the code. I confirmed the card with PayPal, and finally, all is OK. Until, that is, they discover it's a virtual card. But that may never happen.

And my problem is i am outside of Thailand.

The OP talks about withdrawing from the account. This can only be done by attaching a bank account. It can take up to 10 days for withdrawals to show. If an account number has been entered wrongly then Paypal will show a reversal.

Other posters have gone on to talk about verification. This can be done with the visa debit card K Bank issue although it may be necessary to liaise with the bank as the user code sent by Paypal may not be visible ,which can be difficult.

By registering for cyber banking it is then possible to apply for a web shopping card. This works just like a credit card.

I thought the OP was talking about linking his Kbank account to his paypal account.

Yes exactly. As i was not able see the verification amount on my k bank account when logged into inet bankink. One reason might be that i first put the account with dashes. Cant remember. Now i tried without.

Can i transfer money from paypal account trough virtual card to bank account?

As far as I know the only way you can link a Thai Paypal account to a Thai bank to withdraw money is through the bank account itself and not any cards. My knowledge is a couple of years old though.

When you attach a bank account, and then go to check, Paypal will not show the whole number, just the last 4 digits.

Either you entered the numbers correctly, in which case any amounts withdrawn will show up 5-12 days later in your Thai bank account, or you didn't, and the funds will show up back in your Paypal account.

If you have entered the numbers incorrectly, you have to remove the present number, and re-link, but I would not advise this until you are absolutely sure.

This is the correct reply, anything else is BS from people who know nothing.

Register online for the Kasikorn Virtual Debit Card and link it to that.

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/Debit/Pages/KWebShopping.aspx

Sorry about that but that is not correct. My PayPal account is registered with one of my KBank debit cards and NOT to my Kasikorn Virtual Debit Card and it has worked very well for the past couple of years.

There are many people on this forum who use their debit or credit for years and we can't ALL be wrong.

PS. This is NO BS.

Yes, I have just done it for my daughter. I think when you say register you mean "Paypal verification". It is a little more difficult than verifying with the Kweb shopping card as the 4 digit code often has to be obtained from the bank staff which can be a trying process. But yes you are right.

• Like 1

Yes, addendum:

The OP talks about linking his Kbank account to his paypal account for withdrawing Paypal funds to the bank account.

Yes it works I linked Paypal to my Kasikorm account 3 years ago .

You log in online on K-cyber and look for the small amount that Paypal sent you the first time. Then enter it on Paypal.

Remember that you need to open the paypal account in Thailand , not in another country.

Withdrawals to Kasikorn works fine, lets say you want to sell something on ebay , money transfred to paypal and then again to Kasikorn.

Just dont make a living of it or they may ask you for a work permit lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Bump...

Anyone manage to get withdrawals from Paypal to K Bank quicker than the 7 days that is mentioned above?!

Yours hopefully... 

From the paypal website;

"Please allow 5 - 7 days for the money to appear in your bank account. The length of time depends on your bank's processing schedule."'

To my K-bank account it usually take 5 days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

From the paypal website;

"Please allow 5 - 7 days for the moneyarrow-10x10.png to appear in your bank account. The length of time depends on your bank's processing schedule."'

To my K-bank account it usually take 5 days.

Thanks mate. 

That really is so slack considering on my Barclays account it goes in straight away. 'Welcome to Thailand' etc...

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks mate. 

That really is so slack considering on my Barclays account it goes in straight away. 'Welcome to Thailand' etc...

Your barclays card transfers instantly ? Great service considering paypal says it will take 5 to 7 days !!

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2015 at 3:28 PM, spambot said:

After you have opened a Paypal account……

At Kasikorn you need to have online access (K-cyber account) – This is different to just having a normal bank account.

To do this you need to go into Kasikorn bank to get K-cyber access - There you will need to sign a second form (in Thai) that lists name, account number, and email address.

You will then get the login info via email (normally within 24 hours) - This is Kasikorn telling you that your K-cyber account is set up and they will also provide you with a log in and password.

When you follow instructions and log in with the password provided – This initial login will then also require the password and user name to be changed from the ones send by email.

They also require a 2nd password - This 2nd password is only used for when transactions occur (You can get access to your account by using the login and password you get by email and subsequently change, but if you want to do anything more than check information such as change contact details or add payees etc you will be required to use this second password than).

You can create a simple (never changes) second password or this can be alternatively done via uniquely generated password via SMS and this is where Kasikorn will not use the never changing password, but rather will send on every transaction a OTC to your mobile for each transaction - Either way this is required prior to more sensative access to your online account such as making payments after you have done the initial login and have gained simpler access to your online activity.

Now go to the Kasikorn web site and from the drop down select "K-Cyber Banking. A new window will open. Choose ENG for your language.

In order to make online purchases or transactions – You now have to create a K-web shopping virtual credit card. This is an example where you are requiring the 2nd password. Once the application is completed within 24 hours of making the application you will have a virtual credit card.

What this means is you will be emailed a 16-digit number (same as a Visa card), expiration date, and a CCV (the 3 digits on the back of the card). But one important difference is that there is no actual card and all of this is virtual. But the bank uses this like a real card that you might normally use to make payments to / from any bank account.

Once this has been done now go to your Thai PayPal account and log in and then add the virtual account now linked to your Kasikorn account. Once this card is accepted then PayPal will then require a verification process (available to begin in this same session) that will allow Paypal check that this is actually your account at Kasikorn.

They will deduct an amount from the account and the transaction will be listed as something like PAYPAL1234 (the structure might be slightly different now) on your Kasikorn bank statement. These four digits will then have to be posted into your PayPal account to verify - So you do need to go back to Paypal and enter this verification after you see the transaction on your Kasikorn account.

The way that this actually occurs is that once you receive the email confirmation that PayPal has actually deducted money (from your Kasikorn account) this is when you will be able to collect and provide the 4 digits that you need - to confirm your Paypal account – Hence as I said previously just go into Paypal account and enter the 4 digits - In a new field that has been created on your paypal account that is awaiting this four digit code.

(Once you have been verified then PayPal will reimburse the amount taken in the verification process.)

You can now shop online and transfer money, etc.

Note: Bank account must be entered without the dashes.

Do you think that we can use a Kasikorn debit card on paypal without access to kasikorn online statement ?