Europe Win Again

ThaiPauly

Looks like we have beaten The yanks AGAIN

At the time of posting we have 14 points with a few games still in progress but...13.5 points WINS

GLOAT...ME NEVER :o

Poor old Tiger, seems he is just not cut out for "Team" games

Edited by ThaiPauly

At the time of posting we have 14 points with a few games still in progress but...13.5 points WINS
Not wanting to be too pedantic, but.............

14.5 points needed for a win.

Currently; Europe 17.5, USA 9.5. One match left to finish.

Edit;

All over; Europe 18.5, USA 9.5.

Well done, lads.

Edited by GU22

As a Yank, my sincere congratulations to the European team for their decisive victory. Darren Clarke should have all our admiration for his demeanor during the play and the decorum of all the players involved.

That having been said, I find the remarks made by some on this thread as not befitting the honourable game. I suggest these type remarks best be left to the soccer hooligans to make.

Sad indictment, indeed.

Not wanting to be too pedantic, but.............

14.5 points needed for a win.

Currently; Europe 17.5, USA 9.5. One match left to finish.

Edit;

All over; Europe 18.5, USA 9.5.

Well done, lads.

:o

I congratulate Europe on their victory, and I don't mean to sound like "sour grapes" but, seriously, in the U.S. professional sports are about big Television MONEY. If you watch a sports news program like ESPN sports the Ryder cup is the 3rd or 4th item mentioned. The headline item these days is the professional Baseball major league races for the division championships. The Ryder cup is not the most imprortant sports item to U.S. sports viewers.

Golf courses for the U.S. PGA (professional Golf) are manicured to manufacture low scores for the pro golfers. If they can keep the ball on the fairway, they can get the 15 under par scores that the viewers want. In Europe the courses are designed to challange the golfers. That is why U.S. players find them so hard to play on. Get off the line and it bites you. In spite of what the golf commentaters say, most pros playing on a U.S. golf course need to get seriously out of the line to get into trouble. It is designed that way for the Television viwers.

:D

I congratulate Europe on their victory, and I don't mean to sound like "sour grapes" but, seriously, in the U.S. professional sports are about big Television MONEY. If you watch a sports news program like ESPN sports the Ryder cup is the 3rd or 4th item mentioned. The headline item these days is the professional Baseball major league races for the division championships. The Ryder cup is not the most imprortant sports item to U.S. sports viewers.

Golf courses for the U.S. PGA (professional Golf) are manicured to manufacture low scores for the pro golfers. If they can keep the ball on the fairway, they can get the 15 under par scores that the viewers want. In Europe the courses are designed to challange the golfers. That is why U.S. players find them so hard to play on. Get off the line and it bites you. In spite of what the golf commentaters say, most pros playing on a U.S. golf course need to get seriously out of the line to get into trouble. It is designed that way for the Television viwers.

:o

I watch PGA events on TV all the time and yes, it is same same, but your comments

bring to focus very well what is wrong generally with their tour. It is bland and the majority of

players are bland as well.

The USPGA will spend a lot of time analysing the reasons for last weeks failure, but what you say

above is very likely a big part of why they failed.

Can Tiger be held reponsible for lack of leadership...who knows, apart from the fact he contributed

3 points, and 3 days later shoots 63 on a course he's never seen before.

He should have gone out first in the singles, try to win 10 & 8 and then have been on the course

encouraging his teammates.

Edited by OneeyedJohn

• 2 weeks later...
Nest time a European player wins something when it means anything let me know. They only choke when there out there by themselves. What decade or sorry year was it that an European player won a major. I mean there are only 4 a year.

They just DID win something that means something. ..It is called the Ryder Cup (which, by the way, this thread is all about)

Now dont be a sore loser, and stick to supporting your national sports: rounders and netball. Or that other delight to watch...the one with big fat blokes all wearing padded clothing and running into each other from a yard apart.