Young Myanmar woman critical in Phuket hospital following acid attack

webfact

Police managed to track down Ta Zin Moe by her phone number which was stored on Ka Ta's phone and found her hiding at a rented home on Srisuthat Rd in Rassada.

does this mean they tracked her via the phone signal in her newly` registered Sim card?

Congrats to the police for their quick response & arrest. Based on the report any delay would have seen the psychopath already off the island. When working in Vietnam in the 90s acid attacks seemed to be a favoured form of revenge but up until now do not recall it happening here.

This kind of attack is far more prevalent in Cambodia:

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-weekend/acid-attacks-awful-aftermath

CASC has recorded 336 acid attacks in Cambodia since 1964, injuring at least 420 people. According to their research, victims cited jealousy, hate and perceived infidelity among the motives. However, many had no idea why they were attacked.

Sad to see it arrive here in Thailand. Worse than murder. Requires the death penalty at least.

To my mind acid attack deserves reciprocal acid attack. The more public the sentence the better.

Shocking. So many sick people in this world. Worse than animals.

I do wish people would stop this ignorant comparing with 'animals', of which you are one, BTW. "They are animals'', 'Worse than animals'. You have it the wrong way around! angry.png Animals, the non homo sapien kind, simply use their consciousness in a more focused way, unlike the human species who can find a million different ways to exact cruelty on all species including themselves.

Horrible vicious attack - the victim will have no life at all.

The poor victim is dead already.

I have not yet read about any death in any of the Phuket news. If true then might be for the best - RIP

We've seen it this morning on Thai facebook for sure. Yes RIP poor unfortunate woman.

Aren't Buddhists supposed to be peaceful, tranquil people?

Thailand is the third most violent country in the world for violent homicides per 100,000 population, Venezuela

Being number one and I believe it was either Columbia or Mexico number two, I read this in the popular newspaper we cannot quote last week.

Archived