Thai wife wants divorce after 5 months

So here's the deal my wife is talking divorce after 5 months.

I think this is just a power move so I give in to all her ridiculous demands like build a shop for her and buy her whatever stupid thing she wants.

Not going to happen!

So my question is can she get a lot of my money if we were only married for a short time?

I have no houses or vehicles I bought for her so no problem there.

We live in Thailand

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is your marriage registered in Thailand? Normally, all assets bought together during marriage were shared by 50%.

In any case you should consult a layer - which represents you and don't work together with your spouse!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Only 5 months?

You are a lucky man.

Get out now....it will cost you much than getting out later.

Why did you "buy" when it is so cheap just to rent one?

What did he buy? I did not see he said he bought anything

it is a jock

much in the way , Why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free"laugh.png

Only 5 months?

You are a lucky man.

Think he was referring to the partnership.........

OP. I recall your recent post about buying the shop, seems the cranky little princess couldn't handle not getting the payout every time the hand was out.

Nothing owned in Thailand since the time of marriage, nothing split......that includes debts however, I believe you may be liable for 50% ownership of any loan she may have taken out since marriage. Look into it.

Put it down to experience and be happy no kids are involved.

And make sure to use protection (or seek solace elsewhere and use protection) or you could end up paying for 20 years of child support for kids you get to see only occasionally.

Only 5 months?

You are a lucky man.

OP. I recall your recent post about buying the shop, seems the cranky little princess couldn't handle not getting the payout every time the hand was out.

Nothing owned in Thailand since the time of marriage, nothing split......that includes debts however, I believe you may be liable for 50% ownership of any loan she may have taken out since marriage. Look into it.

Wrong person . Never bought a shop

Only 5 months?

You are a lucky man.

Wrong person . Never bought a shop

Sorry, only first sentence was for you, the rest was to OP..........

If she wamts a divorce without your ok she needs a valiid reason. If you are ok with it and have nothing to dispute just go to Amphur and sign papers and you are divorced. My first marriage lasted 4 months. I wanted out so bad I told the guy at amphur I bought nothing during the marriage when I actually bought her a house and car. But I just wanted out.

I don't think anyone of these TV bar stool judges are registered practicing lawyers .....

I think it's best if you actually talk to a professional and not a forum website ... clap2.gif

While in general I agree with you, the truth is that in Thailand to this day many "registered practicing lawyers" do not fully understand how Thai marital property law works and misadvise their clients based on a misinterpretation of the law. The basis for this common misinterpretation of the law is outlined in post #10 of the link provided in post #15 of this thread.

I can only say that the comments I made in post #15 and the related link are based on a tremendous amount of research into how the law is worded and properly interpreted. I have also read in Thai the Supreme court case summaries supporting the interpretation I have outlined and have also been involved in a marital property dispute which went to appeal and was upheld based on the interpretation of the law which I outlined in my post.

So in this case, I think I know what I am talking about.

An offensive remark and bickering posts have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Have'nt read all the posts but if you have the where withall to walk away then do it.In my opinion they think they have you by the balls.I have a good wife ( not 100%) but I let her know now and again when she becomes arsey where the money is coming from.I ignore all the posters who tell you this,that or whatever because in my opinion they are in denial.Thai's live for today,you buy them a car/house then their attitude is that was yesterday,gone and forgotten.I am waiting for all the farangs with the perfect life,good for them.I think they are in denial,hate repeating myself.Do not take any shit from her,tell her ( Up to you ) they all know that.It is farangs who have not got the balls to put them in their place that has caused this problem.They have network worldwide how to screw us and the system.Basically tell her to go on a sexual trip if you get my drift,you will not be sorry.

Are flying saucers for real???

They are if you see them,like everything in life,you believe what you want to believe or make it up.A bit like if you have a business and have to make a living.Some of us are not in that trap.

Are flying saucers for real???

They are if you see them,like everything in life,you believe what you want to believe or make it up.A bit like if you have a business and have to make a living.Some of us are not in that trap.

I guess wise words if they would make any sense...

Usual angry-man confrontational stuff on ThaiV.

Deal with it calmly. Explain why you don't want to buy her the stuff and ask her for her reactions and her explanation of why she thinks you should buy it for her.

That'll probably lead to a calm conclusion that you both don't really love each other and a less hysterical break up without important stuff remaining unsaid

Is your marriage registered in Thailand? Normally, all assets bought together during marriage were shared by 50%.

In any case you should consult a layer - which represents you and don't work together with your spouse!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

"In any case you should consult a layer"

apparently he already did, 5 months ago

Leave immediately. Leave here the house. She can get a job and pay her own rent. You are fortunate she revealed her true nature so quickly. She sounds like money is her God. Be thankful for the lesson learned. Really take your time getting to know a woman. Time is your ally. Not hers. But yours.

Archived