Thai wife wants divorce after 5 months

Is your marriage registered in Thailand? Normally, all assets bought together during marriage were shared by 50%.

In any case you should consult a layer - which represents you and don't work together with your spouse!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Yes when she asked you to build her a shop(100% hers as you cannot own property) should have been your first clue. Unless you have banked a lot of money in the 5 months file for a divorce she gets nothing and walk no run away. Do not try to reconcile she has an agenda and will drive you crazy.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 5 months?

You are a lucky man.

Get out now....it will cost you much than getting out later.

Why did you "buy" when it is so cheap just to rent one?

What did he buy? I did not see he said he bought anything

Think he was referring to the partnership.........

OP. I recall your recent post about buying the shop, seems the cranky little princess couldn't handle not getting the payout every time the hand was out.

Nothing owned in Thailand since the time of marriage, nothing split......that includes debts however, I believe you may be liable for 50% ownership of any loan she may have taken out since marriage. Look into it.

Put it down to experience and be happy no kids are involved.

Interesting about debt liability. I will keep a mental note on that one.

I've never been married, but I'm almost certain I've been divorced! If it were me, I'd hide all of my money in a country with banking privacy laws, put any local asset into the name of a trusted friend, and actively pursue the divorce. (I had a motorcycle your honor, but I sold it for 5000 baht, Here's half....)

In my opinion, if she loved you, really loved you, she wouldn't pull the divorce card. If she's playing you for a fool, which may be the case, use very trick in the book to get away from her.

Sorting the wheat out from the chaff....

As marrying a farang is kind of like finding the Golden Fleece, I am sure she had visions of International travel, luxury homes and cars, and large sums of cash. My guess is that she has lost face with family and friends, in that she obtained nothing substantial by your marriage. Some men would say she is "Financially Driven". More than a few of us are way past that age where young girls and men fall desperately in love, regardless of the promise of worldy goods. Younger people have visions of working together and slowly attaining their possessions, through a long marriage.

Being a bit old fashioned...I believe a lady should be given an expensive gift, from time to time. Most of us are capable, and it feels good to see their faces light up with pleasure. It does not necessarily mean they are "financially driven" when they express pleasure from receiving an expensive gift. Sometimes it is just that they know it hurt your pocket to buy that item...and my wife appreciates that. I have made mistakes in the past, where I never once gave anything substantial to a girl who lived with me for eight years. I look back now..and it was no wonder that she let me go. She was happy when I left, as practicality was that she had a destitute family relying on her help. I could not help with that...and I am sure she was looking for a way out.

Reality is harsh. Some of us luck out and the wife accepts that quick riches are a pipe dream. They stay with us, regardless, for the long haul and see us as not only husbands...but a close companion and friend. The "financially driven" will never stay for the long haul...when they see that the prospects of attaining wealth are not going to happen. Perhaps they have missed the boat, and have other "farangs" to pursue their dreams with.

I do believe it is a good idea to shack up together...and put off marriage until you know your lady is pure, semolina wheat grain, and not the chaff.

Are her monetary requests realistic? I think every Thai woman is going to require at least a little bit of financial maintenance. Women aren't free. No money no honey as they say.

Of course they aren't when

they're sex workers. Wonder

where you've been meeting

yours

He thought he can get cheap sex with a young wife who will be subserviant take care of him. She thought she can get a rich farang husband who will build her a house and buy her a shop in return.

and as it turned out ... both got neither .. !!

RUN Forest RUN, she has shown her true colours, give in now and she will blackmail you for ever.

Women here are like buses there will be another one along very soon.

I have been with my lady for 3 years only thing in her name is the cable tv bill and the internet bill, the last time she got petulant I said nothing and put her suitcase by the front door, she got the message. Don't be fooled by this love crap the only real love is between your kids and the dog. I have had two wives one for 13 years the other for 32 years and they both played up, so much for the love bullshit. Question: Do you think I might be jaded???

never been married and I m a very happy man. most women leave me after a while for another dude with money. Good for them, now they are stuck with child support while I m enjoying my new girlfriend smile.png

I'm enjoying the same. But how long can it last? We're not getting any younger. It's not wrong to want a monogamous relationship.

never been married and I m a very happy man. most women leave me after a while for another dude with money. Good for them, now they are stuck with child support while I m enjoying my new girlfriend

I'm enjoying the same. But how long can it last? We're not getting any younger. It's not wrong to want a monogamous relationship.

Monogamy can be de-linked from the legalities that are imposed by marriage.

Just because we live together for a long time (perhaps for life) doesn't mean I should incur her debts and doesn't mean I'm entitled to half her assets- or to inherit all her assets to the exclusion of her blood relatives.

The older I get, the more I believe that marriage is for raising children- and unnecessary beyond that.

Only 5 months?

You are a lucky man.

OP. I recall your recent post about buying the shop, seems the cranky little princess couldn't handle not getting the payout every time the hand was out.

Nothing owned in Thailand since the time of marriage, nothing split......that includes debts however, I believe you may be liable for 50% ownership of any loan she may have taken out since marriage. Look into it.

Is it not the law in Thailand that after marriage both partners have to sign the documents in order to get a loan,and in this day and age why do people still get married with out a pre nup.

Sorting the wheat out from the chaff....

As marrying a farang is kind of like finding the Golden Fleece,

Marrying a farang is only

looked upon as a good thing

by financially-strapped Thais.

To the rest, it's seen as a

major step down especially

when the husband is much

older.

You have got to keep these women on a tight leash…..usually that means letting her think she is close to the prize but keeping her well away from it….but letting her believe that she will someday get it….so she behaves herself.

When you married her you gave up that position.

Just get a lawyer and take the divorce, she's probably using this to get what she want from you. That's their way of doing business. Probably 90% of the posters here have been in the same situation. Regardless if it's a marriage or a same sex commitment. Guys and girls alike do this thing and if it does not hold their way they protest. Next time you just have yo be firm from the beginning about how you feel about money issues like buying things or taking care of family. Then the person can choose to stay or go. There is no shortage of guys and girls that are looking for a better future. That's the only thing that's count for them. You give them stability sand they take care of you in a good way. Done right with rules from the beginning it can be a wonderful experience that you can't find any where else. Good luck with your divorce and to the next relation. Just wait with marriage until you know and respect each other.

...please do not consider that you can 'reform her' or anything like that....

..whatever reason you married her for .....you know what her reason was.....

...I am sure you did not marry for sex....

...you were duped....you thought it was love...because she kept telling you it was....

...and you really thought that you 'lucked out' and had finally found 'the one'......

...it is all pretend....on their part....

...get away as fast as you can...and make it absolute...or she and her friends/gang will hound you and hunt you down.....

Just saw the post of jwongbkk, this kind of posts are a disgrace to this forum. Yes people can have their opinion but really what the <deleted> Are you in Thailand for. There are a lot of good people here both guys and girls that will give you happiness the rest of your life if you just treat them with respect. If you give them everything they ask for you are taking the wrong toad.you would never do that in your home country, why do if here where it's your market.

Only 5 months?

You are a lucky man.

Actually, I have been misinformed (slightly) but Gecko123 has clearly gone to a bit more trouble & shed some more light on this.

It would appear that it depends on the purpose of the loan, or the manner which assets were accumulated (during the marriage), as to who can lay any claim. I would suggest you read his post below, and the link, for more information, it's somewhat comforting.

It is totally incorrect that under Thai law all property purchased during a marriage is automatically split 50/50 upon divorce. See my posts 10 & 7 on below thread for explanation of how Thai marital property law addresses the division of debt and property acquired during marriage.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/756222-debt/

Only 5 months?

You are a lucky man.

He said she is doing a power move to demand some of these things. He states lower down he has not bought any houses or cars.

But his first move is to get a good English speaking lawyer.

Just walk away...or better yet go on a long vacation and make yourself........ not available.....at all.

Make like you never married her and simply ignore her and do what ever you want and simply stay far way from her and any of her silly Thai mentality.

She is doing you a favor and setting you free.

Seriously...best advice that could be given to you.

Cheers

I got divorced after 6 months of marraige to a Thai once,was the easiest thing - all we had to do was both goto the Office of Records, they found the book we signed, and all we had to do was sign the divorce page right next to it. We had no kids, no land, no house, No Alimony. Simple as that. Our reason was simple, we weren't made for each other and decided it was time to divorce, something about that little piece of paper ruined our relatonship. This is just an example of how easy it can be - but he has to agree to the dissolution of marraige.

I say call her bluff

coffee1.gif

Only 5 months?

You are a lucky man.

Sonyboy : He purchased a cow when in fact he just longed for a glass of milk...............

Archived