Thai wife wants divorce after 5 months

If you have not bought anything within the marriage you own her nothing. Good man for not giving into her demands...she would most probably would have kicked you in the ass anyway after you bought property the way if sounds to me. She seems to be opportunist like 95% of them are.

Run my friend, run !!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three years internet chat? One million lessons in Thai? did you tell her you will love her forever?

then she saw the bank account...

TTL...Thailand True Love

come again, thanks for playing, tell your friends to play as well.

Just walk away, no divorce.

Soon she will meet another farang she wants to 'marry', but she has a problem.

I am still married so I cannot marry you yet !

Then she will beg you for a divorce so she can trap the new guy, then the ball is in your court !

Jip, play her game but change the rules a bit....

the thai system, you hire a lawyer, she hires some thugs to help you see it her way

I would advise you KEEP your mouth shut about seeking a divorce. Tell no one else. Don't let your wife get a wiff of this. Your wife can go out and borrow up money and stiff with you with lots of the bills while u r working your way thru the paperwork and legal proceedings. There are money lenders that will give her half of what they say she borrowed just to get IT ALL BACK FROM YOU at the divorce. FURTHER, get an attorney that advertises at your embassy that represents people in your nationality. A thai attorney just down the street won't put much effort into a one time farung customer. It is not good for business. Lastly, there is a great little book at most Asia bookstores called Thailand Fever I believe about Thai-Western relationships and how to proceed with them. Basically it says you should ask RIGHT UP FRONT what the thai thinks they want and RIGHT UP FRONT you should establish a very clear answer. Granny does not get a house! I have only X dollars to live on and poor parents that need XXX a month etc. I am not good business and don't want to own one! Letting love or some base emotion lead you around is a sure way to be a broke unhappy ex-Pat who got taken to the cleaners. BTW! I did not get taken to the cleaners. Avoided the whole thing! My wife is up north with family. I explained all my money came only every month from the govt. and remained in USA accounts. She stopped trying to get it ages ago. I rent now! When they start whining about grandma's house falling down I need to get out of town for awhile. whistling.gif When they mention how rich we could be if we opened a restaurant like McDonald's but used cheaper food. (they are often delusional about business) I have to go home sick parents not sure when I be back.

If you have not bought anything within the marriage you own her nothing. Good man for not giving into her demands...she would most probably would have kicked you in the ass anyway after you bought property the way if sounds to me. She seems to be opportunist like 95% of them are.

Run my friend, run !!

95℅ ? Rather a low estimate I think.

Too many fish in the river to worry about the one that just snagged your line. Yeah, you really liked the leader setup and the lure: one of your favorites. But it's time to cut the line. You'll be happier when your back to fishing again instead holding on to your current catch-of-the-day.

And with some luck she gets pregant with the new buffalo so she can't deny being a whooore....

Just walk away, no divorce.
Soon she will meet another farang she wants to 'marry', but she has a problem.
I am still married so I cannot marry you yet !
Then she will beg you for a divorce so she can trap the new guy, then the ball is in your court !

So here's the deal my wife is talking divorce after 5 months.

I think this is just a power move so I give in to all her ridiculous demands like build a shop for her and buy her whatever stupid thing she wants.

Not going to happen!

So my question is can she get a lot of my money if we were only married for a short time?

I have no houses or vehicles I bought for her so no problem there.

We live in Thailand

Your lucky piss the <deleted>?k wit off you are very lucky she did it now and get a new one next time not marry them lean from your mistakes and you will go a long way here all of us are here for one thing thai puss if not for thai puss why would you come to this third world sh?t hole

you will not be liable for her debts, only what you bought or earned in this 5 months will be shared. i think, she was only after your dowry, that should have been 500 thousand, unless she was legally married before. no need to go to an expensive lawer, the girls at the amphoe-divorce office can tell you everything for free. if you both want a divorce, it is as simple as posting a parcel at the postoffice. it costs just a few hundred baht for the 2 identical divorce-papers ,a tip for the girls for beeing the witness,and 15 minutes.

Sorting the wheat out from the chaff....

As marrying a farang is kind of like finding the Golden Fleece,

Marrying a farang is only

looked upon as a good thing

by financially-strapped Thais.

To the rest, it's seen as a

major step down especially

when the husband is much

older.

If that is true, then every married man here on Thai visa married a poor girl from Thailand, or else their wife's family is hiding in shame. My wife's family owns 100 rai, several businesses, and have gone to universities. Amazing that her family can hide their bad feelings towards my wife and I. She was a manager of a nice company that manufactured expensive shoes and handbags, and she owns a resort. Her family treats us like celebrities and they love and respect us.

As for age, you just need to look at their culture a bit more. Quite normal to see young girls marrying older Thais or Chinese. There is no problem with age....

Raising the red bs flag on your idea. Perhaps the very few wealthy families would look down on me... But not all that are not poor.

Have'nt read all the posts but if you have the where withall to walk away then do it.In my opinion they think they have you by the balls.I have a good wife ( not 100%) but I let her know now and again when she becomes arsey where the money is coming from.I ignore all the posters who tell you this,that or whatever because in my opinion they are in denial.Thai's live for today,you buy them a car/house then their attitude is that was yesterday,gone and forgotten.I am waiting for all the farangs with the perfect life,good for them.I think they are in denial,hate repeating myself.Do not take any shit from her,tell her ( Up to you ) they all know that.It is farangs who have not got the balls to put them in their place that has caused this problem.They have network worldwide how to screw us and the system.Basically tell her to go on a sexual trip if you get my drift,you will not be sorry.

While I am in sympathy with looks like some very bad experiences you've probably had, "network worldwide how to screw us" sounds a little conspiratorial?? Serious question.

Run my friend, run !!

Wow!!! All these people on this thread with such low opinions of Thai women ... saying she will threaten to hire some thugs or being opportunistic.

I've lived here for 12 years, was married for seven of them and went through an amicable divorce. I've had many girlfriends since that divorce and never has anyone threatened me like that. I think the majority of the people posting this complete drivel are dating what I refer to as Thai Trailer Trash. and if that's your thing, you get what you deserve. Instead find a woman from a good family and good education. You may have some other headaches from someone like that but it won't be about them trying to grab your cash.

Run my friend, run !!

Wow!!! All these people on this thread with such low opinions of Thai women ... saying she will threaten to hire some thugs or being opportunistic.

I've lived here for 12 years, was married for seven of them and went through an amicable divorce. I've had many girlfriends since that divorce and never has anyone threatened me like that. I think the majority of the people posting this complete drivel are dating what I refer to as Thai Trailer Trash. and if that's your thing, you get what you deserve. Instead find a woman from a good family and good education. You may have some other headaches from someone like that but it won't be about them trying to grab your cash.

Am I wrong if I say you have been here 12 years, was married to 7 Thai woman and since your last wife had many Thai girlfriends ? Maybe your the one missing the point here mate... First of all a Thai lady from a Good and Proper family with so called High Education will not be falling for a Farang in a million years....unless she and her family has the wool around your eyes and just waiting to go in for the kill... The Real Thing go for Really rich Thai/Chiness men alike. It Is What It Is.

Usual angry-man confrontational stuff on ThaiV.

Deal with it calmly. Explain why you don't want to buy her the stuff and ask her for her reactions and her explanation of why she thinks you should buy it for her.

That'll probably lead to a calm conclusion that you both don't really love each other and a less hysterical break up without important stuff remaining unsaid

Oh come on, get real, you've got to be kidding with this piece of advice... it's there in black and white. Can it be any more obvious??

She is after money, she does not love him, nothing else matters and she is hoping it comes quick & easy.

Yes, deal with it calmly, by packing your bags calmly and moving away as far away from this parasite ...calmly.

Explain things to her, geeez, I'd like to see that resolve this issue.

OP, do not give this a second thought, the mighties of red flags and your clue to RUN and never look back.

Some people are seriously out with the pixies when a relationships gets to this point in thinking things can change for the better!! [facepalm]

Just saw the post of jwongbkk, this kind of posts are a disgrace to this forum. Yes people can have their opinion but really what the F..... Are you in Thailand for. There are a lot of good people here both guys and girls that will give you happiness the rest of your life if you just treat them with respect. If you give them everything they ask for you are taking the wrong toad.you would never do that in your home country, why do if here where it's your market.

I am NOT here for the girls

I made the post based on my past reads in this forum and what some other guys have been through.

I have had friends who have been through similar situations, so yeah...

why do you assume that farangs are in THAILAND for them girls?

I love the culture here as well as the less stressful environment.

Anybody divorced with the help of the famous pattaya lawyer who is partner of Thaivisa and with whome Thai visa owner has business ?

Is if very expensive just becaue he can speak 3 words in English ?

Any review of his job ?

Thaivisa is sold nobody care that we tell the truth about any scammers even if they are partners (but following andre drummond this lawyer is honest and good :-) )

<3

Words from a friend Thai attorney working with divorces...

Depending where the "farang" it is from...it is a different history....

Most Thai women think that is the same with all...but it is not...

With Americans, only will get 60% of the social security after its death, and only after living without interruption in the US for at least 5 years. That's means... even married for 20 years, if never lived in the US, Thai wives get nothing from the US, even if the marriage was register there.

With Australians is a big deal. A smart Thai divorcing an Aussie, may get 1/2 of everything its husband owns, before and after the marriage.

With French, German, and Briton, depending where the marriage was register...and other details.

You are wrong about the Australian divorce.What you bring into the marriage is yours,then it depends how long you have been married and co-contribution to marriage.This would not happen if you divorced in Thailand,under Thai law as is the case here.

you will not be liable for her debts, only what you bought or earned in this 5 months will be shared. i think, she was only after your dowry, that should have been 500 thousand, unless she was legally married before. no need to go to an expensive lawer, the girls at the amphoe-divorce office can tell you everything for free. if you both want a divorce, it is as simple as posting a parcel at the postoffice. it costs just a few hundred baht for the 2 identical divorce-papers ,a tip for the girls for beeing the witness,and 15 minutes.

Hey,i want half that sin sod back,your mum said you were a good girl!!!

So here's the deal my wife is talking divorce after 5 months.

I think this is just a power move so I give in to all her ridiculous demands like build a shop for her and buy her whatever stupid thing she wants.

Not going to happen!

So my question is can she get a lot of my money if we were only married for a short time?

I have no houses or vehicles I bought for her so no problem there.

We live in Thailand

Your lucky piss the <deleted>?k wit off you are very lucky she did it now and get a new one next time not marry them lean from your mistakes and you will go a long way here all of us are here for one thing thai puss if not for thai puss why would you come to this third world sh?t hole

Speak for yourself,you may live in a sh?t hole and much of it bought on by yourself,no doubt.My sh?t goes down the hole,so i live in a nice enviroment.You know what you can do if you don't like it.I got 3 dogs.

Demands should never happen in a marriage. Ask, reply, yes, no, disagree, argue.... But ultimatum demands, no. She cares for your money far more than you, and by throwing you an ultimatum thinks you'll cave in. Then she's got your money for years. Leave now. She does NOT love you.

Archived