Thai wife wants divorce after 5 months

Who the hell are you what would you know about thai woman and if a thai lady like a old man or not you have no

idea get a life how old are you ? Thai woman are not stupid they know a older man takes care more and dose not go out and play up like a young man dose and Thais not care if you are old all thai care about if you are. Jai Dai but you would not know you need to get a life and let thai lady do what they want to be with a old man or a young man I love it when I see a young lady with a older man

Who am I? I'm YeahSiam and

first, unlike you, I live here.

Second, unlike you, I'm not

a sex tourist who spends his

holidays up and down soi

cowboy.The Thai women I

know weren't met in a

freelancer bar or in a soapy

massage parlour. I consider

their opinions and preferences

to be more representative of

the ordinary Thai female at

large than coyote and gogo

girl barfines who've told you

exactly what you want to

hear if it gets them more

money.

ok??!!

You not have a Brian you have no idea about me I not stupid like you and put all my money in to thailand I have a Brian you need to get one I never ever get Thais out of the bars like you
Yeah... Thai women aren't stupid... It's the foreigners who marry them. And I'm sure he has a brain but it's just lacking oxygen from being up his Thai woman's booty. Only when she takes a dump is when he will realize he's in crap.With time and distance you see and smell clearly. He is like many men who are just tickled to death that some girl wants an old fart.
So true

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He thought he can get cheap sex with a young wife who will be subserviant take care of him. She thought she can get a rich farang husband who will build her a house and buy her a shop in return.

unfortunately a pattern that continues to repeat here in Thailand.

some foreigners can be gulible. why marry the woman when you can barely speak the language and barely know her? smh some people are desperate i guess.

Yeah... Thai women aren't stupid... It's the foreigners who marry them. And I'm sure he has a brain but it's just lacking oxygen from being up his Thai woman's booty. Only when she takes a dump is when he will realize he's in crap.With time and distance you see and smell clearly. He is like many men who are just tickled to death that some girl wants an old fart.

this is so true. i had a Thai girl once ask me to marry her but i declined.

some of these old farts here marry whoever first asks.

i wouldn't marry in america let alone over here!

Welcome to the real world of Thailand. Money is Number One. No money, no honey. Best advice, plan a sudden, total disappearing act, but keep your mouth shut, while keeping a smile on your face, until the deed is done. Then you can thank God for small favors, or you can just continue to play the "Richard Forbrain" game, like countless thousands of foreigners before you have already done. If you're looking for a real friend in Thailand, then first buy a dog, and the rest will come easy. A word to the wise should be sufficient, for the reader who doesn't need to taste fat meat, before he believes that fat really is greasy-slick. Thai women are not stupid. coffee1.gif

Who the hell are you what would you know about thai woman and if a thai lady like a old man or not you have no

idea get a life how old are you ? Thai woman are not stupid they know a older man takes care more and dose not go out and play up like a young man dose and Thais not care if you are old all thai care about if you are. Jai Dai but you would not know you need to get a life and let thai lady do what they want to be with a old man or a young man I love it when I see a young lady with a older man

Who am I? I'm YeahSiam and

first, unlike you, I live here.

Second, unlike you, I'm not

a sex tourist who spends his

holidays up and down soi

cowboy.The Thai women I

know weren't met in a

freelancer bar or in a soapy

massage parlour. I consider

their opinions and preferences

to be more representative of

the ordinary Thai female at

large than coyote and gogo

girl barfines who've told you

exactly what you want to

hear if it gets them more

money.

ok??!!

Interestingly, your terminology screams firsthand knowledge.coffee1.gif

Usual angry-man confrontational stuff on ThaiV.

Deal with it calmly. Explain why you don't want to buy her the stuff and ask her for her reactions and her explanation of why she thinks you should buy it for her.

That'll probably lead to a calm conclusion that you both don't really love each other and a less hysterical break up without important stuff remaining unsaid

These conversations always end up in the worst fight lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Just walk away...or better yet go on a long vacation and make yourself........ not available.....at all.

Make like you never married her and simply ignore her and do what ever you want and simply stay far way from her and any of her silly Thai mentality.

She is doing you a favor and setting you free.

Seriously...best advice that could be given to you.

Cheers

indeed, walk away to leave her with the opportunity to sell your posessions or rack up debt.

why not serve her with papers and then bolt

flyingsaucersarereal, what has happened since your original post ?

is the divorce still going to happen ? did you find out why ?

thanks.

Hi there for a brief time since my post over 1 month ago my wife came back and we were working on our problems. But she is back at it again and won't speak with me and is staying with her family I have now not spoken to her for a few weeks.

I get sick of all the brain dead man on here who keep calling man old farts' ok you will get old one day and then you dick head will see what it is like to get older so get a life and stop trying to think you no I all in thailand

I'm an old fart. And proud of it...

• 11 months later...

Having been through the mill, and reading threads like this, I want to go to the marriage place in Bkk with a big sign- farang getting married to Thai lady- are you insane?

It's true though. we all thought it would never happen to us, because OUR Thai lady is different.

I see  a few farangs with Thai wife and kid(s) in the hotel, and I think to myself, you poor sucker. Even worse, some of them have the Thai family along as well. Poor guys.

While there are many nice Thai ladies around, and it is possible to have a successful marriage, the family ( in my case anyway ) is the kiss of death to the marriage. Even if they don't try to bankrupt one, or one has enough money to keep paying out, they will always come before the farang.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Having been through the mill, and reading threads like this, I want to go to the marriage place in Bkk with a big sign- farang getting married to Thai lady- are you insane?

It's true though. we all thought it would never happen to us, because OUR Thai lady is different.

I see  a few farangs with Thai wife and kid(s) in the hotel, and I think to myself, you poor sucker. Even worse, some of them have the Thai family along as well. Poor guys.

While there are many nice Thai ladies around, and it is possible to have a successful marriage, the family ( in my case anyway ) is the kiss of death to the marriage. Even if they don't try to bankrupt one, or one has enough money to keep paying out, they will always come before the farang.

Amen.

you have been told by many posters to get out, what don't you understand, she is being manipulated by family, ok  stay then, and in a couple of years you will be on here moaning about, how you bought the 4 x 4 etc. the red light is flashing, can't you see it. ? and this after only 5 months. i wish you well.

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 1:42 PM, JHolmesJr said:

You have got to keep these women on a tight leash…..usually that means letting her think she is close to the prize but keeping her well away from it….but letting her believe that she will someday get it….so she behaves herself.

When you married her you gave up that position.

Intersesting to note this Op last posted in October 2015

But yes, I have to agree with what you say 100%.

Lately though im thinking..do you really want to be with someone who you have to bribe with false promises just to "behave"?

As you know, that sort of person will turn on you in an instant..and that aint even gf material. Especially when resentment kicks in after she finds you BS'd her.

This one sounds especially insidious, but I think we are not getting the whole story.

no mistake, every gf you will get here will have that same thinking to some extent.

Be single and be happy.

For this guy, I would just dissapear

into blue yonder. Let her worry about the legalities and trying to contact you.

It has 3 very good outcomes

-you dont have to see her again

-wont cost you a cent

-you will not be able to marry

again, even if you want to

(A big positive, as suprising how many fool farangs marry 3 times here)

Do like the Thais do...just more or less disappear and do not talk to her anymore.

By now...It must be obvious to you she did not marry you for love rather you are the one she figures can bank role all her dreams and aspirations in life.

If that is the way she is then your marriage is doomed from the beginning.

Cheers

On ‎25‎.‎09‎.‎2015 at 10:46 AM, ThiMoon said:

unfortunately a pattern that continues to repeat here in Thailand.

some foreigners can be gulible. why marry the woman when you can barely speak the language and barely know her? smh some people are desperate i guess.

Yes, we were. Some of us will learn the lesson, others will just repeat the same mistake.

On ‎28‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 10:35 AM, bamukloy said:

Intersesting to note this Op last posted in October 2015

But yes, I have to agree with what you say 100%.

Lately though im thinking..do you really want to be with someone who you have to bribe with false promises just to "behave"?

As you know, that sort of person will turn on you in an instant..and that aint even gf material. Especially when resentment kicks in after she finds you BS'd her.

This one sounds especially insidious, but I think we are not getting the whole story.

no mistake, every gf you will get here will have that same thinking to some extent.

Be single and be happy.

For this guy, I would just dissapear

into blue yonder. Let her worry about the legalities and trying to contact you.

It has 3 very good outcomes

-you dont have to see her again

-wont cost you a cent

-you will not be able to marry

again, even if you want to

(A big positive, as suprising how many fool farangs marry 3 times here)

Unfortunately, if dependent on a pension, being married can lead to less money. To get the single rate, I had to get divorced legally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 5:23 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Not everyone wants to live with a prostitute.

Very true but it seems the OP would've got a better deal if he had.

At least he could have walked away without legal fees.

Divorcing after 5 months?

What is it with many farang men? Can't they spot a chiseler?

• 1 month later...

How long did you know her before getting married? So many of these issues I hear from guys seems to stem from not taking the time to get to know both her, and her family. 

I would definitely walk away. She does not sound like she has enough in the way of redeeming qualities. And next time really take you time. Always remember. Time is always your ally. It is never her ally. So, take your time. Do not allow the woman to step up the timeline. Most want to do so. Always engage in pushback. That is what real men do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No. She can barely get anything. Offer her 20,000 baht, turn the tables on her, and encourage the divorce proceedings, and get as far away from her, as you possibly can. Never communicate with her, or her family again, once the divorce happens. She is bad, bad, bad news.

How long did you know her, before you got married?

The bottom line is this. Take your time getting to know a woman here, or anywhere. Time is your ally. It is rarely their ally. They are usually trying to step up the timetable. We need to push back. We need to assert control. An environment like this allows us to do so. Take advantage of that. Be a man. Step up. Pay tribute to the gender. Refuse to lay down anymore. Refuse to be a doormat. Refuse to check your cajones at the door. Start making the decisions, and stop saying "honey what do you want?". "What will make you happy?" "Where do you want to eat?" I have so many friends, who come here, and from the very start, make the same mistakes they made back in the West. Except here, they do not need to make those mistakes. The environment does not dictate that they behave like lambs. Many do not know, or realize that, or they succumb to "force of habit". Every ship needs a captain. If the man is not willing to be the captain of the ship, the woman will take over, here in Thailand. Most women here seem to want a strong man. But, if they end up with a wimp, they will take charge. Someone has to.

Always remember, if it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, or if she is a big baby, who only looks like a real woman, but in reality is a 13 year old, or if she is a con artist, if she is only in it for the money, those realizations will manifest themselves over time. Time allows clarity. Never, ever move too quickly. That is the undoing of most of these guys. Be like Bond. be a real man. Man up. Do yourself proud. 

This is such a common mistake. Most women want to step up the timetable, and if a man is not strong, and does not stick to his principals, or have a determined agenda, he is often overwhelmed by her lack of patience, and the fact that alot of women want it all, and they want it yesterday. I took 9 years before marrying her. And she has become a BETTER version of herself, since we got married! In a million years, that would not have happened in the US.

For the men out there who are trying to find their way, in this rather complicated arena, always remember one thing. Take your time. If it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are issues, they are going to reveal themselves over time. 2 years minimum, before you commit large sums of cash, or commit to marriage. And that is two years, full time! Be like Bond. Do as Bond would do. Be a man. Man up. Now is the time to show who you are. 

And lastly, the one about getting along with the parents is a good one. Often, that is a sign of an emotionally healthy woman. When I used to date, the two questions I would ask were-

1. How is your relationship with your mom and dad? How about your siblings?

2. What is the most money you have ever spent on a handbag? Wow. Was that ever a revealing question. The answers were all over the map, but inevitably demonstrated alot about her character. 

Archived