Does True Visions have the Champions League

lorus59

He_ll's teeth. You raise an interesting and disturbing question!

After half an hour of research I have this horrible conclusion that they are not carrying it. According to Wiki, the Champions League for Thailand is now carried by Bein Sport, which is channel 676 on True Visions (my Gold package). So I turn to the online programme guide which shows Bein Sport carrying lots of reasonably interesting stuff on Wednesday 16th September, but not any UEFA Champions League stuff. The nights of Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th are the dates of the first round proper. If I look back on the schedule Bein Sport did not carry the qualifying round. I would have looked for Manu's game at Brugges had I not been travelling and alarm bells would have rung sooner.

The Wiki information covers the changes of operator to Bein and shows that they will transmit the Champions League in Spain and some other countries. It does not state that Bein will show Champions League in Thailand.

My True Visions magazine for August made no mention of it and the September version has curiously not yet arrived. The TV marketing on the website makes zero mention of the CL on any of the packages, but does parade much lesser competitions.

I hope I'm wrong, but instincts tell me that this is all very Thai-like and fishy!

I'll let this sit a couple of days to see if anyone else has info (hopefully I'm panicking unnecessarily). If nothing I'll phone them - with my request to cancel 2 grands worth of monthly subs immediately if I get the wrong answer!

Of course some of the matches will be shown free to air and ManU fans have ManU TV showing on True (but possibly only replays). Those with a decent enough internet connection will be able to find some ITV no doubt.

$hit! Looking on the bright side - it's the major reason I buy True plus receive CTH free. The savings will fund my hotel and travel expenses to Ubon where I think I'll find it for key Arsenal nights

To add to what SantiSuk said, it was reported BeIN has the rights for La Liga in Thailand too. Match Day 2 in, still no broadcast of Liga matches.

If BeIN and True were to continue this bizzare trend with UCL, I am afraid we are left in the mercy of internet stuff to fix our UCL needs.

Let's hope BeIN and True resolve this soon.

After half an hour of research I have this horrible conclusion that they are not carrying it. According to Wiki, the Champions League for Thailand is now carried by Bein Sport, which is channel 676 on True Visions (my Gold package). So I turn to the online programme guide which shows Bein Sport carrying lots of reasonably interesting stuff on Wednesday 16th September, but not any UEFA Champions League stuff. The nights of Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th are the dates of the first round proper. If I look back on the schedule Bein Sport did not carry the qualifying round. I would have looked for Manu's game at Brugges had I not been travelling and alarm bells would have rung sooner.

The Wiki information covers the changes of operator to Bein and shows that they will transmit the Champions League in Spain and some other countries. It does not state that Bein will show Champions League in Thailand.

My True Visions magazine for August made no mention of it and the September version has curiously not yet arrived. The TV marketing on the website makes zero mention of the CL on any of the packages, but does parade much lesser competitions.

I hope I'm wrong, but instincts tell me that this is all very Thai-like and fishy!

I'll let this sit a couple of days to see if anyone else has info (hopefully I'm panicking unnecessarily). If nothing I'll phone them - with my request to cancel 2 grands worth of monthly subs immediately if I get the wrong answer!

Of course some of the matches will be shown free to air and ManU fans have ManU TV showing on True (but possibly only replays). Those with a decent enough internet connection will be able to find some ITV no doubt.

$hit! Looking on the bright side - it's the major reason I buy True plus receive CTH free. The savings will fund my hotel and travel expenses to Ubon where I think I'll find it for key Arsenal nights

I send a E-mail To True Vision on 23 august....and get the answer 2 days later!! NO MORE La Liga-Serie A-Champions League-Europa League!!!...BUT..they say very proud..we have Bundesliga(FOX)..Dutch-Scotch-League!!! Yee..thats what we paying for (Gold).!!! They lost EPL two years ago..and now everything..that means they lose a old custumer for 20 years !! Thanks True NO VISION...

Don't worry bout watching Arsenal, They never get past group stages anyway.

Errrr .... think you will find that we always get past the group stages - think we are only beaten by Real in the number of years we have got to the knock-out stages (but we are certainly up there among the most successful.

Welcome to the threads, but try to do better with yer facts!

But they could be saving their money for a big EPL bid....

I'm relying on it!
Why ?

CTH have as far as I'm concerned provided a decent enough service especially for the price.

Because my condo doesn't have CTH. Hopefully True will regain the rights for 2016/17.

I think you could be disappointed again sadly.

Especially as CTH and GMM have their little deal on the go.

CTH give every impression of a company on its way to oblivion. No control over it's customer base. True have always struck me as a rock solid Thai corporation. In nrmal circumstances I'd put money on True taking back the franchise.

But this is Thailand. Normal rules don't apply.

what about channel 3 and 7 they showed CL.2014/15.

as stoneyboy says gmm.z/ cth have good deals going on at the moment with fox sports which is great if you like boxing and all contact fighting.

BUT WILL THEY LAST.

So if I move back to BKK how many dishes, boxes, etc. will I have to have to watch the EPL, La Liga and CL ? blink.png

I don't want no streaming shit.wai2.gif

Or will I have to set up shop at Gullivers ?

all the EPL.is on gmmz/cth on offer at the moment box and package.

CL.is not shown on any channel via satellite in thailand.

as for la-liga could be shown on euro-plus gmmz.

So if I move back to BKK how many dishes, boxes, etc. will I have to have to watch the EPL, La Liga and CL ? blink.png

also the euro-qualifiers could be on the same package,euro-plus and football extra,i have the ultra-premium package and they show replays of games played earlier,scotland vs gibralter,and belgium vs bosnia are being shown now.so hope wales is on in the morning.

Apart from Astro of coursethumbsup.gif

There is an announcement on the True Visions news page dated 4th Sept concerning the CL , Spanish League, and Europa League. Unfortunately it is only in Thai. Can anyone translate, and let us know if it provides any info ?

The only piece I could translate using Google, reads ""True Vision" won the European Cup three licenses (4 Sep 15)"

http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/news/detail/5561?ln=en

This from The Nation

TrueVisions to broadcast top three football Leagues

The Nation September 4, 2015 6:50 pm

TrueVisions has won the license to broadcast the three major Leagues of UEFA Champions League , UEFA Europa League, and La Liga, it announced Friday.

It said in a press statement that the La Liga broadcast will start on the night of September 11 on TrueVisions 676 and TrueVisiosn 123 and 667.

It said the broadcast of the UEFA Champions league will start on September 15 and UEFA Europa league on September 17 on the same channels.

TrueVisions also carries Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Dutch Premiere League, Scottish Premiere League, Major League Soccer and the Thai Premiere League.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/TrueVisions-to-broadcast-top-three-football-League-30268162.html

It only specifies a couple of channels, so maybe we won't get a big choice. Channel 676 is BEIN Sport, 667 is Truesport HD2, and 123 is not listed in the Programme Guide

This from The Nation

TrueVisions to broadcast top three football Leagues

The Nation September 4, 2015 6:50 pm

TrueVisions has won the license to broadcast the three major Leagues of UEFA Champions League , UEFA Europa League, and La Liga, it announced Friday.

It said in a press statement that the La Liga broadcast will start on the night of September 11 on TrueVisions 676 and TrueVisiosn 123 and 667.

It said the broadcast of the UEFA Champions league will start on September 15 and UEFA Europa league on September 17 on the same channels.

TrueVisions also carries Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Dutch Premiere League, Scottish Premiere League, Major League Soccer and the Thai Premiere League.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/TrueVisions-to-broadcast-top-three-football-League-30268162.html

It only specifies a couple of channels, so maybe we won't get a big choice. Channel 676 is BEIN Sport, 667 is Truesport HD2, and 123 is not listed in the Programme Guide

Good news, although the 2.45am kick-offs mean I rarely get to see the games. It's probably likely now that True won't be investing in the Premier League :(

True have previously dome a good job of replays and a highlights program the day after the Champions League games. Ditto for the Europa League.

[Albeit occasionally they can't access an English language commentary and have to use say an Italian one or none at all]

Don't worry bout watching Arsenal, They never get past group stages anyway.

on the money cobberbiggrin.png

Errrr .... think you will find that we always get past the group stages - think we are only beaten by Real in the number of years we have got to the knock-out stages (but we are certainly up there among the most successful.

Welcome to the threads, but try to do better with yer facts!

stop posting nonsense,and try to do better with yer facts !!!

arsenal record the past 5 seasons,elimanated round 16gigglem.gif

that puts arsenal up there with the most sucessfulcheesy.gif get real cobber !!!

a lovely morning to all my supporters on the footy forumsmile.png

My True Visions magazine for August made no mention of it and the September version has curiously not yet arrived. The TV marketing on the website makes zero mentiosn of the CL on any of the packages, but does parade much lesser competitions.

Bein have around 12 channels, I would think it unlikely someone like ?True would carry all these channels

According to another source, True have the rights to show 5 Champions League and Europa League matches per week. That would possibly be 2 CL matches on the Tuesday and Wednesday and 1 EL match on the Thursday. For the first round of matches I would guess the Real Madrid and Man U matches on the Tuesday and the Barcelona and another match (Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich ?) on the Wednesday.

Archived