Thailand needs 4,000 English teachers

webfact

Philippinos are nearly english native speakers..more than half of their school programs is taught in english

The accent is atricious and the last thing any Asian shouls want is to be taken for a broke.ass Philippino.

I knew this was coming years ago. But it begs another question, why in 2015 dies Thsiland not have far more teachers with English abilities.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the other hand, how can people be "better educated" in a country that is so piss poor? I do believe that somebody who went through high school in an European country has much more knowledge than a Filipino who really graduated at a university.

Lost in Isaan, with your fine German education, you really should know the answer to this question. Clearly it is a rhetorical question. So it tells us more about your prejudices than addressing the conundrum that despite poverty and adversity some people are able to flourish academically and intellectually. Not all, some.

I know Filipinos and I know other folk from many parts of the world who have overcome such adversity. Not many, just some. I know many more who got drunk, incarcerated, drugged up, died.... What helped the ones to succeed were simple things like a caring parent or sibling or relative, caring teachers and a supportive school environment, in short people who cared and who were interested.

MANILA, Philippines - The Thai government is hoping to hire up to 4,000 Filipinos who can teach English in Thailand.

A little reminder. This article is from a Filipino newspaper. Did anybody hear anything from a Thai source?

Anyway, there're already way more than 4,000 unemployed Filipinos here, looking for a job.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived