64-year-old Briton arrested for allegedly buying sex from underage boys

webfact

Simon Jeremy Merington Briscore was arrested at his house after the two boys, who are 16 years old, filed complaints with police that the Briton failed to honour his promise to pay them Bt500 each for sex.

If the guy did what he's accused of, then he broke the Thai law and what may follow.

But based on the news reports, it wasn't just the Brit who was buying. It was also the teen-age boys who were selling.

AFAIK in Thailand, it's equally illegal for minors to engage in prostitution by providing sex for money.

A comparable analogy would be, you go buy illegal drugs from someone on the street, take them home, and discover they're fakes. Then you go to the police to file a complaint that the drug dealer ripped you off and want your money back. How far are you going to get with that???

It's not a good analogy. A better analogy would be if you bought 2g but when you went home and weighed it, you found it was 1.5g. You then went to the police and he was arrested for selling drugs (not for selling you less than he promised). There is no mention of him being arrested for fraud, the fact that he didn't pay the promised (illegal) amount has no bearing. He's been arrested for the sex act.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why he did it in a strong Buddhism country ? The effect of karma applies to everyone, he should know.

Karma will not be affecting me, thank you very much. Nonsense.

Well, hope God really bless you then, if there is one that you believed and really there.

According to Buddhism, their beliefs applies to all, believers or nonbelievers.

Complete and utter tosh. If Buddhism beliefs apply to all, there cannot be both believers and non-believers. Anyway I am sure I ticked the box no affiliation when I joined up. Please go and buy yourself,another, amulet.

Buddhism never said everyone will understand Buddhism. Only Christianity and Islam claimed their God created humans and gave them a choice to follow Satan or other religions, how stupid. This proved karma, according to Buddhism. So I wonder if this 64 year old is a result of god or Satan ? I think neither, it's his karma.

Buddhism never said everyone will understand Buddhism. Only Christianity and Islam claimed their God created humans and gave them a choice to follow Satan or other religions, how stupid. This proved karma, according to Buddhism. So I wonder if this 64 year old is a result of god or Satan ? I think neither, it's his karma.

Actually, paedophilia is a mental inclination and is probably programmed in when very young or genetically. It is no more able to be ignored by the sufferer than homosexuals can ignore or change their disposition.

Actually, paedophilia is a mental inclination and is probably programmed in when very young or genetically. It is no more able to be ignored by the sufferer than homosexuals can ignore or change their disposition.
Just like every heterosexual man likes beautiful woman ? That doesn't mean he is right to rape someone or pays a minor girl for sex. If you check their culture and religious background and compare such crimes or behaviours you agree that Buddhism is better than other religions.

Just like every heterosexual man likes beautiful woman ? That doesn't mean he is right to rape someone or pays a minor girl for sex. If you check their culture and religious background and compare such crimes or behaviours you agree that Buddhism is better than other religions.

I agree, but there are plenty of heterosexual rapists ( look at what goes on in India ), and while the majority of paedophiles probably never succumb to their urges, there are some that do.

I agree, but there are plenty of heterosexual rapists ( look at what goes on in India ), and while the majority of paedophiles probably never succumb to their urges, there are some that do.
Yes, and India is known for corruption, not Buddhism. Buddhists are just minority there.

Archived