Best Shot Competition (September 2015)

shaggy1969

Hi folks

As I am sure many of you already known,ThaiVisa.com has recently been sold and is now under new ownership.

With this in mind,I have been asked to remove the part about prizes being awarded in our competition until we find

out if the new owners (Choice Group Asia) would be willing to continue with supporting our competition and the prizes involved.

When I know more,I will inform you all ASAP.

The competition will continue,regardless of whether prizes are awarded or not,so the very best of luck to you all!!

Thanks for your understanding

Shaggy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look to me that the prizes have gone and so have the photos.

Sad really, as before with no prizes to win it was all in good fun, as it should be shaggy1969 clap2.gif

Win thumbsup.gif who voted for most of the photos on all of the challenges with or without the prizes mentioned clap2.gif

Sad really, as before with no prizes to win it was all in good fun, as it should be shaggy1969 clap2.gif

Win thumbsup.gif who voted for most of the photos on all of the challenges with or without the prizes mentioned clap2.gif

yes a bit sad really... perhaps increase the number of entries for those who want to play! Prizes or not! wink.png

I must admit,things have gone a little quiet with the comp,it could be to do with the fact that the prize awarding has been removed (for now),

or it just could be a coincidence.I am hoping for the latter of the two!

What it also could be,is that the comp has not been published in the newsletters for the past few weeks,due to the guy that organizes it all

was away on holiday.The same guy is having a meeting with the new owners this week,one of the topics of their discussion will be our forum

and the competition.........when I know more,I will let you all know.

Stay calm and keep togging !!!

............and posting,of course biggrin.png

I hope nobody is for money here..Our forum looks different to compare with "World News" or "Thailand News".Nobody is trying to insult nobody.Only pics and sometimes jokes..Maybe it would be better if money don't be involved.( I'm not sure about my grammar at last sentence.English is not my language..)

I must admit,things have gone a little quiet with the comp,it could be to do with the fact that the prize awarding has been removed (for now),

or it just could be a coincidence.I am hoping for the latter of the two!

<snip>

Prizes? You mean there were prizes to be won? w00t.gif

I really should pay more attention... ohmy.png

I think that if you post on here & you've retouched with Photoshop or some similar program you should say so in the post, this would be very helpful to everyone, I myself don't use touch up programs, as for me, the satisfaction is in getting the pic right in the first place, & touching up is an art form in itself...

I wish we could have another competition for amateurs, all your pictures looks like they have been taken by professionals , do you all use Photoshop for color adjustments ?

No we are not all professionals!...whistling.gif

But a decent camera does help! Having said that, even some phone cameras can do a pretty decent job...Post editing can help too...

I suppose it depends how much effort one wants to up their game or hobby~~!!! wink.png

I think that if you post on here & you've retouched with Photoshop or some similar program you should say so in the post, this would be very helpful to everyone, I myself don't use touch up programs, as for me, the satisfaction is in getting the pic right in the first place, & touching up is an art form in itself...

Need to remember that many use RAW format and there is no option but to post process it (develop it). What the eye sees and what the camera sees is not always the same. Post processing to bring the image back to what you remember seeing is fair. Anyone shooting in .jpg are post processing but it is done in camera automatically. smile.png

Need to remember that many use RAW format and there is no option but to post process it (develop it). What the eye sees and what the camera sees is not always the same. Post processing to bring the image back to what you remember seeing is fair. Anyone shooting in .jpg are post processing but it is done in camera automatically. smile.png

Your eyes will never see the waves smooth polished or water as silk of waterfalls or the startrails or headlights in movement in the night but the camera can.! ". Your eyes can not see the micro world of insects in its many details and the camera can.Sometimes the results are not satisfactory

, and then you use the postprocess. Incidentally if Photoshop exists in so many years and millions of

people use it there is a good reason! The photo retouching and pp has been done since the photography was born into the darkroom with the aid of chemicals and acids and then more easily and safely with the task and the skill of digitale software

. A Striking Example ''.Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima''. of photographer Joe Rosenthal winner Pulitzer Prize1945 was a strongly retouched photo.

.Only Two years before he died(2006) Rosenthal admitted that the photo had been remodeled, with the elimination of disturbing objects, other soldiers around, the American flag had also been made bigger, the result was

a photo so strong and full of meaning and emotions. In those years becomes a cult photo, as well as sculpture ,logo and stamp.With this i want say,if you want use Photoshop or any other software if you think that this helps to develop your creativity do it! but with moderation and without exceedingI photo retouching is not to transform reality, but helps to put on focus the soul of reality and this is what Joe Rosenthal did it! Sorry for my english,Best regards

I'm not trying to criticise post editing, I'm just saying that it would be nice to know when it was being used, & not knowing that much about the intricacies of digital photography I use JPEG rather than RAW purely so that I can view & share the pic without having to fiddle about with it, which as I have said before, is an art form in itself...

We are all Champions of our success , of our skills in photography , be it a well composited image or an image enhanced .

We are all proud of what we achieve , what we deliver to be shared / displayed to either the masses or to a single viewer .

It makes no difference wether we are Professional or amateur we are pleased to share our personal achievements as a Photographer , this is why we are here doing this.

We are the best we can be in Our Mind's Eye , it makes absolutely no difference to our lives if someone does not like what we have displayed or the context in how it is displayed.

What makes a difference for us is that someone has taken the time to view our image .

Nothing more , nothing less.

I'm not trying to criticise post editing, I'm just saying that it would be nice to know when it was being used, & not knowing that much about the intricacies of digital photography I use JPEG rather than RAW purely so that I can view & share the pic without having to fiddle about with it, which as I have said before, is an art form in itself...

So what your saying is we should all shoot JPEG rather than "fiddle about with it" seriously dude?

So what your saying is we should all shoot JPEG rather than "fiddle about with it" seriously dude?

I don't think for one minute that zyphodb is suggesting that we should all shoot Jpeg,zyphodb stated that he preferred to use Jpeg instead of

Raw,and actually complimented the people that do shoot RAW.

Folks,I kindly remind you that this is still a photo competition,so lets focus on that please.

Cheers

Maybe we can start a separate thread for jpg then ? smile.png My camera is an ultrazoom Olympus Sp-100 so it will never be like the professional ones but still I love it , especially the optical zoom.

But I'm not good at finding good motives , so not sure I want to share them here. wink.png

Maybe we can start a separate thread for jpg then ? smile.png My camera is an ultrazoom Olympus Sp-100 so it will never be like the professional ones but still I love it , especially the optical zoom.

But I'm not good at finding good motives , so not sure I want to share them here. wink.png

Come and join us all in the main photo forum balo. (link)

Have a look through the different threads to see where your photos fit in best.

We would love to see them!

.Do you have some problem reading? All I said was that it would be nice to know when it had been... "Dude"

Archived