Lot of happy chairmen?

smokie36

I think this transfer window has spunked £800.6 million ,the most ever spunked out,so hardly tight pockets ,maybe spunking cash up the wall is more appropriate!

If you look at the increased income for the clubs they haven't spent it though...that's what I mean.

Of the traditional top 6 only one set of fans/supporters* will be happy with their Summer and the team set-up going into September. Has there ever been so much pervasive discontent before?

Good chance for an outsider (even 2? I think not) to break into the top 4 this season

There's going to be a lot of set-up for the January window going on behind the scenes this year - could be a mega window for January. The one good thing is that no-one has benefited from the penny-pinching leave-til-last strategy that seems to have been so prevalent

*Maybe 2 - the Chavs can at least feel they have the wherewithal that just needs a bit of kick

They don't get the extra money till next season. Smaller clubs are telling the bigger ones to do one. Levy got a double knock back yesterday from Southampton & WBA. All EPL teams have made a profit for the first time ever, so no-one is desperate to sell.

I think this transfer window has spunked £800.6 million ,the most ever spunked out,so hardly tight pockets ,maybe spunking cash up the wall is more appropriate!

The summer transfer window was the richest in Premier League history as total spending for the calendar year reached £1bn for the first time.

Summer outlay passed £870m, 4% up on the record set last year.

The biggest spenders, Manchester City, paid the two biggest fees, £55m for Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg and £49m for Raheem Sterlingfrom Liverpool.

Manchester United's £36m signing of Monaco teenager Anthony Martialwas the biggest deadline-day move.

That fee could rise to £58m with a number of incentive-based add-ons."

Kurts can you show a bit of decorum when you come on here please, your not on some 2 bob Liverpool forum now you know whistling.gif

Anyway i will put straight on a few things, the transfer window has not spunked (as you so nicely put it) £800.6 million :

A. Football teams have spent the money not the Transfer window.

B. Now i might be wrong on this but i always took spunked in the context your talking about to mean wasted and no one has wasted their money well not yet anyway

C. The actual amount was over £870m.

My apologizes if it was not you but your 14 year old son who wrote this biggrin.png

Archived