Youths confess to 'shoot to kill' in Phuket tourism pier slaying, say police

webfact

Youths confess to 'shoot to kill' in Phuket tourism pier slaying, say police
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1441111741_1-org.jpg
Ekkasit Kongsamuk (left), 18, and Kawatchai Tingwai, 21, confessed to intending to shoot to kill, said police. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- Two youths have been arrested for the fatal shooting of one man and injuring another at Chalong Pier, a major jump-off point for Phuket tourists visiting nearby islands, last Friday night (August 28).

Isayat Malee, 28, from Narathiwat, died from a gunshot wound fired at close range in the car park at Chalong Pier last Friday. His friend Amdee Jaolaeh, 19, from Pattani, was wounded in the attack. (See story here.)

“Police arrested Ekkasit Kongsamuk, 18, from Trang, and Phuket native Kawatchai Tingwai, 21, yesterday,” Phuket Provincial Police Commander Pachara Boonyasit told a press conference today (Sept 1).

“They confessed that they fully intended to shoot to kill when they opened fire,” he said, though both suspects remained silent throughout the press conference at Phuket Provincial Police Station, in Phuket Town, today.

The pair were found in possession of a 9mm Glock, a 9mm magazine and a total of 19 bullets

and drug paraphernalia, Gen Pachara said.

Ekkasit and Kawatchai have been charged with premeditated murder, illegal possession of a firearm and carrying a firearm in public, he added.

“Kawatchai confessed to firing the gun,” Gen Pachara said.

The motive behind the shooting seems to be nothing more than personal conflict.

“The main reason of this shooting case is that they did not like each other,” Gen Pachara said. “They started arguing and the victim [isayat] raised his voiced against the shooter.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/youths-confess-to-shoot-to-kill-in-phuket-tourism-pier-slaying-say-police-53911.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-02

It'a too bad that this populous needs to save face at all costs. They all could have easily walked away.

I read this on TV a few years back and thought it was well written, so I saved it.

My guess is that the Buddha taught nothing of face. If he did, it was probably an encouragement to lose face as often as possible, so as to shatter the ego. Face is nothing but ego. It is nothing but a lack of manhood being expressed. It is nothing but extreme cowardice, and in my opinion is the opposite of everything Buddhism stands for. If you really think about it, face is really nothing more that the inability to look within, to introspect, to reflect, and to improve as an individual. It corrodes the soul. It prevents spiritual growth. It retards forward development. It holds a person back, from any sort of advancement. Only when we are able to look within, admit fault with ourselves, take responsibility, and show remorse for poor actions on our own parts, are we able to advance as a people, or as an individual. Face prevents all of that, and serves as a weak excuse for not looking within, and taking blame for anything. It is blight on the face of Asia. Face is abhorrent behavior. So is lying. And if lying is used to save face, it may be the ultimate form of offensive behavior, and a huge spiritual transgression. And from a spiritual point of view, lying might be the ultimate form of laziness. On many levels, it is the opposite of spiritual development and growth.

I know I will hear about all the reasons for face. About all the social implications, etc. I do not give a hoot about the culture behind face. I am simply talking about face as a form of extreme personal weakness. I am talking about the negativity of the trait, and how it holds people back, in regard to the spiritual life, and the precepts of Buddhism, or any other faith for that matter. Face is the very opposite of spirituality, and therefore Buddhism. All those opinions expressed are my own of course. And they are just opinions. But, I think they may have some validity. What do you think?

I see plenty of kids driving around in Glock poloshirts. Does that mean they all have one and got the shirt for free?

They're penis extensions, not shirts. The shirt says, for the wearer, look at me, I'm tough, a man! Next! coffee1.gif

It'a too bad that this populous needs to save face at all costs. They all could have easily walked away.

I read this on TV a few years back and thought it was well written, so I saved it.

My guess is that the Buddha taught nothing of face. If he did, it was probably an encouragement to lose face as often as possible, so as to shatter the ego. Face is nothing but ego. It is nothing but a lack of manhood being expressed. It is nothing but extreme cowardice, and in my opinion is the opposite of everything Buddhism stands for. If you really think about it, face is really nothing more that the inability to look within, to introspect, to reflect, and to improve as an individual. It corrodes the soul. It prevents spiritual growth. It retards forward development. It holds a person back, from any sort of advancement. Only when we are able to look within, admit fault with ourselves, take responsibility, and show remorse for poor actions on our own parts, are we able to advance as a people, or as an individual. Face prevents all of that, and serves as a weak excuse for not looking within, and taking blame for anything. It is blight on the face of Asia. Face is abhorrent behavior. So is lying. And if lying is used to save face, it may be the ultimate form of offensive behavior, and a huge spiritual transgression. And from a spiritual point of view, lying might be the ultimate form of laziness. On many levels, it is the opposite of spiritual development and growth.

I know I will hear about all the reasons for face. About all the social implications, etc. I do not give a hoot about the culture behind face. I am simply talking about face as a form of extreme personal weakness. I am talking about the negativity of the trait, and how it holds people back, in regard to the spiritual life, and the precepts of Buddhism, or any other faith for that matter. Face is the very opposite of spirituality, and therefore Buddhism. All those opinions expressed are my own of course. And they are just opinions. But, I think they may have some validity. What do you think?

Soalbundy,confessing to a crime you did will get you a reduced sentence.

Yes, i know that, a confession like, '' Yes i shot him but i didn't mean to kill him, i was frightened and didn't aim the gun'' would get him an even lighter sentence than, 'I wanted to kill him''.

Soalbundy,confessing to a crime you did will get you a reduced sentence.

Yes, i know that, a confession like, '' Yes i shot him but i didn't mean to kill him, i was frightened and didn't aim the gun'' would get him an even lighter sentence than, 'I wanted to kill him''.

In the real world it would. But remember this is Amazing Thailand.

Wonder if their families or friends are connected? Or they've got access to some money? Or a patron? They got the Glock and ammo from somewhere not a cheapo home made one.

You are so right,...This is so good. I will copy it for further use....THX

Regards.

Sadly, you and others have little understanding of face and what it means in communal-based societies. You're bluntly looking at it through the lense of western individualism which often ignores nuance and sees everything in an ego-centric manner.

ok a bit of a tangent, on my facebook this week, a guy raped - murdered, a lovely girl, and guess what, he was out in 4 months, yes 4 flikin months, it was the dead girls friends that put it out there for all to see, so for those saying , "life in jail" it just aint gonna happen believe me.

I guess all farang don't have face saving behavior.

Archived