yellow house book

Sutty

Of course KK issues yellow book

[/quote

Thanks have you requirements KK wants in way of documents every area has different requirements and some provinces seem to deny all knowledge of yellow book

Its not the province its the amphur. OP You need to go to your Amphur and ask them what is required as no two amphurs in Thailand require the same documentation.

Yes just been in had a chat with a friendly English speaking official got all the info needed will get my paper work all prepared then when we go in to get blue book (house still being built looking to do blue book in about 3 weeks) take my paperwork in and get them both done at same time got the officials number will ring her on the day she says she will then look out for us and sort it out!! Was only in for half hour no ticket needed today.

Yes just been in had a chat with a friendly English speaking official got all the info needed will get my paper work all prepared then when we go in to get blue book (house still being built looking to do blue book in about 3 weeks) take my paperwork in and get them both done at same time got the officials number will ring her on the day she says she will then look out for us and sort it out!! Was only in for half hour no ticket needed today.

Oh, something new within the Amphoe / Immigration circus?

So far: Thai National gets blue house book, Farang gets yellow house book.

Never mind, regardless if the house book is blue, yellow, pink or purple, it assures the Farang of NO property rights whatsoever.

Cheers.

Never mind, regardless if the house book is blue, yellow, pink or purple, it assures the Farang of NO property rights whatsoever.

Cheers.

Correct . It just stops the need for a Cert of Residence if doing business that needs one of them.

Cheers.

Correct . It just stops the need for a Cert of Residence if doing business that needs one of them.

Quite right. The yellow house book does not offer any rights on the property. There are other methods that do.

I here about people going to Immigration to get a certificate of residence. I personally have never come a cross any transactions that require it.

Cheers.

Quite right. The yellow house book does not offer any rights on the property. There are other methods that do.

I here about people going to Immigration to get a certificate of residence. I personally have never come a cross any transactions that require it.

Buying a vehicle in a Farang name is the most commonest reason.

OP you will certainly need your passport and signed copies, your wife's tabien baan and signed copies (the number of your tabien baan book will be the same as hers) her iD card and copies. More unusually, you will need your full name written in Thai and also the Christian names of your mother and father, also written in Thai. Plus probably a letter from immigration and/or the police to say where you live.

Khon Kaen amphur muang did this for me about 3 years ago. No problem, just running from amphur to immigration to police to amphur once we ascertained what they wanted.

The question of a 'tip' when you finally get the document is up to you.

It appears that Yellow Books have become the flavor of the week here at TV. There are several threads currently running on the subject

The most common fact is that every amphur has different requirements for issuing a Yellow Book

The second most common fact is that what you can use it for is also dependent upon your location

The funniest thing is that most amphurs require a Residence Certificate from Immigration as part of the required paperwork for a Yellow Book: yet the majority of posters admit that the main reason for getting the Yellow Book is so that they can register their motor vehicles in their name at their local Land Transport Office. Unfortunately not all LTO will accept the Yellow Book and some still require a Residence Certificate from Immigration also

Bottom line, IMHO, if it is easy to get a Yellow Book at your local amphur go for it, but if they make you jump through some time consuming or expensive hoops think hard on whether or not it is worth the trouble.

Those Thai Visa posters that have obtained Yellow Books seem pretty evenly split on the their value or lack thereof

edit: Here is one about Land Transport and Yellow Book just posted today

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/854365-yellow-tabien-baan-no-more-valid-dlt-insisted-on-a-blue-one/

OP you will certainly need your passport and signed copies, your wife's tabien baan and signed copies (the number of your tabien baan book will be the same as hers) her iD card and copies. More unusually, you will need your full name written in Thai and also the Christian names of your mother and father, also written in Thai. Plus probably a letter from immigration and/or the police to say where you live.

Khon Kaen amphur muang did this for me about 3 years ago. No problem, just running from amphur to immigration to police to amphur once we ascertained what they wanted.

No unusual but necessary,

For better understanding see here where I have described the content of the YB:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/681733-yellow-book-the-chicken-or-the-egg/#entry7044394

You would even need to document the nationality of your parents.

The birth certificates that I provided did not show this.

The officer didn't bother and wrote "undetermined".

An example where you can see that sometimes you get away lucky.

Thanks for all replies I've got all the documents required ready luckily had all of them in one form affirmation of freedom to marry from embassy and translated copy. For names ect. Rest is easy will post in future as to how it went thanks again

It appears that Yellow Books have become the flavor of the week here at TV. There are several threads currently running on the subject

The most common fact is that every amphur has different requirements for issuing a Yellow Book

The second most common fact is that what you can use it for is also dependent upon your location

The funniest thing is that most amphurs require a Residence Certificate from Immigration as part of the required paperwork for a Yellow Book: yet the majority of posters admit that the main reason for getting the Yellow Book is so that they can register their motor vehicles in their name at their local Land Transport Office. Unfortunately not all LTO will accept the Yellow Book and some still require a Residence Certificate from Immigration also

Bottom line, IMHO, if it is easy to get a Yellow Book at your local amphur go for it, but if they make you jump through some time consuming or expensive hoops think hard on whether or not it is worth the trouble.

Those Thai Visa posters that have obtained Yellow Books seem pretty evenly split on the their value or lack thereof

edit: Here is one about Land Transport and Yellow Book just posted today

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/854365-yellow-tabien-baan-no-more-valid-dlt-insisted-on-a-blue-one/

Quote: "is also dependent on your location". Regardless if it's the "Amphoe", Local Police, Immigration or what have you, as long as local "Chieftains" can interpret the law of the land to their individual liking, Thailand will remain what it is: A "Banana-Republic".

Long term residents (possibly investors), should never loose sight of this fact.

Cheers.

Quote: you will need your full name written in Thai and also the Christian names of your mother and father, also written in Thai. Plus probably a letter from immigration and/or the police to say where you live."

If ever, under whatsoever circumstances (including Immigration), I should ever be asked to supply such documentation as described above, I shall be leaving the Kingdom within 48 hours.

I can not see the point of subjecting myself to the "whim's" and "mood's" of uniformed people, that next to their pretty uniforms have nothing more to offer than the intellect of an 8 year old (european) child.

It's a matter of pride and self respect.

In conclusion:Thailand doesn't need me and I don't need Thailand. Perfect constellation, isn't it?

Cheers.

Quote: you will need your full name written in Thai and also the Christian names of your mother and father, also written in Thai. Plus probably a letter from immigration and/or the police to say where you live."

If ever, under whatsoever circumstances (including Immigration), I should ever be asked to supply such documentation as described above, I shall be leaving the Kingdom within 48 hours.

I can not see the point of subjecting myself to the "whim's" and "mood's" of uniformed people, that next to their pretty uniforms have nothing more to offer than the intellect of an 8 year old (european) child.

It's a matter of pride and self respect.

In conclusion:Thailand doesn't need me and I don't need Thailand. Perfect constellation, isn't it?

Cheers.

can I take it your not married then or should I say leagaly married

Archived