LG TV overscan problem

AJBangkok

I use my 89" lgtv with an Intel NUC HTPC running windows 10 and an Onkyo 1030 as a reveiver.

The lgtv is set at 16.9 screen and although there is a check button underneath it for a "just scan" option the button is not not operational its faded and when I try to click the cursor down it jumps over the just scan check button straight to 14.3 screen.

The just scan option should fix the overscan but for whatever reason the TV doesn't allow be to check it.

I have tried fiddling around in windows but have had no luck there either.

While I'm here another problem with the TV is that it doesn't allow me to log the TV onto my wifi. The TV finds the wifi signal from my router but when I enter the password it rejects the password even though it's correct.

Any suggestions

Thx guys first of all I solved the no internet connection by turning off all the computers, iPads, phones in the house. The TV then accepted the wifi password and updated the software to the latest version.

The overscan magically disappeared after the update

One thing I am now gutted about is i found out my tv is on,y 84 inches not 89 as I previously thought.

Thanks for the help guys it is appreciated. Attached are pic with the overscan fixed

post-105221-0-68470800-1441354354_thumb.

post-105221-0-95912300-1441354438_thumb.

Archived