Vientiane non-O, 90 days, single entry, reason 50+ years. Got it quite easily

I gave following papers:

- copies of all important passport pages

- address proof ( HSBC bank statement sent from abroad to my thai address )

- copies of pages of bank books ( two bank books )

- visa form

- passport

They wanted more:

- copy of my gf id ( they asked where I live, I told in apartment rented by my gf )

- the latest bankbook

Payment was next day when picking up visa.

I went to Laos on Sunday, six days after Bkk bomb. Nongkhai border immigration were checking my passport for long time. Both in Thai and Lao side. I have previous Cambodia and Lao visas in my passport. In Lao side they took photo of foreign men coming into Laos. Still it was quite fast, not many people on Sunday when I went into Laos.

In thai consulate there were signs on the wall which says there will be fast track for tourist and transit visas. Fast track means you fill the form and drop it in the mailbox and come back next day to pick up. I believe the queues will be faster.

BTW ..I went though same process few weeks back. I was asked for same stuff and the clerk was trying to hand back my application. I was calm and he eventually took application.

I was in worry mode that night.....on TV the experienced guys like ubon and others pointed out he was NOT io. Just clerk on front desk. Anyway glad you got it. I posted in case my experience happens to others and they are turned away.

Edited by jacksam

I gave the clerk first passport, visaform and copies of bankbooks to go through. He took them and was expecting more but did not say anything. I gave him the address proof ( HSBC statement ). I pointed my address in the statement. He seemed happy. He was checking those for a while, then called somebody and asked more about where I live. He wanted gf id copy. Then he wanted the bankbooks.

I was worried to leave the bankbook overnight there with my passport and many samples of my signature. Clerk put the bankbook inside the passport and stapled them together.

I have earlier applied tourist visas in Vientiane. Also then they sometimes want to see address proof. I believe also hotel reservation printout would be good but I had only thai driving license and a bill which had my address. Both were ok. Although tourists are not expected to have fixed address in thailand, in the consulate they are happy to see proof of address.

OP point taken....I was posting for others going to apply in future. I have heard of an application being refused because you could not show residence and bank letter..

Sane as yourself they took my bankbook and stapled to passport. Since I had photocopies and up to date entry... Makes you wonder why.

So you don't need to show 800K seasoned /65k a month?

If your referring to my post...I stated in earlier posts that same as OP my bankbook was stapled into my passport. I also provided photo copies of my bankbook. My post was ONLY about a bank letter is not required nor is proof of address.

Just advice for anyone applying likewise. I did this because clerk insisted upon me providing same. Was only when I also insisted that this was not required that he took my paperwork and said .." I will see what boss say"

Got non imm o next day.

Did you read all previous posts or jump in deep end

So you don't need to show 800K seasoned /65k a month?

If your referring to my post...I stated in earlier posts that same as OP my bankbook was stapled into my passport. I also provided photo copies of my bankbook. My post was ONLY about a bank letter is not required nor is proof of address.

Just advice for anyone applying likewise. I did this because clerk insisted upon me providing same. Was only when I also insisted that this was not required that he took my paperwork and said .." I will see what boss say"

Got non imm o next day.

Did you read all previous posts or jump in deep end

No that was not referring to your post

• 1 month later...

Any info on them accepting the Embassy affidavit certifying pensions plus bankbook showing the shortfall funds for O-retirement ?

Also do they accept the notification of address receipt issued by Thai Immi as proof of address?

Thanks

Any info on them accepting the Embassy affidavit certifying pensions plus bankbook showing the shortfall funds for O-retirement ?

Also do they accept the notification of address receipt issued by Thai Immi as proof of address?

Thanks

The will accept a combination of income and money in the bank totaling 800K baht.

Not sure that receipt has your address on it.

Tthey will accept about about anything as proof of address.