Visa Expiry/Multi Entry Permit Expiry.

My Extension of Stay based on Retirement is to due to expire mid December the same time as my Multi Entry Permit. I will be leaving Thailand the 1st of December so will have to renew my Extension of Stay before I go. Will they cancel my Multi Entry Permit when I renew my Extension of Stay, will it cover me for returning to Thailand the end of December or do I have to complete a Single Entry Permit. I am concerned they could cancel my Extension of Stay when I return.

After you renew the extension, get a new re-entry permit. The new multi-entry re-entry permit will expire when your new extension expires.

If you get a single re-entry permit, it will expire when the extension expires or after you've used it once. Unless you think you'll use the re-entry permit more than three times in the next year, a single entry will be cheaper @ baht 1000 each time ... but you would need to apply each time you need one. You can get the re-entry permit at the airport as you leave, but allow a little extra time.

• 2 weeks later...