Huge fireball spotted in North of Bangkok

webfact

Nearly 1 hours later and in broad daylight with a defined trajectory and still nothing definitive to report. There would of course be evidence of such an occurrence however Thailand has trouble with things like evidence.

Thailand at it's best

I've seen one like this before, and what truly may be the case, is that it was so far away it missed Earth.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could possibly have been space junk,

i.e the remains of an old satellite or rocket parts?

But NASA usually tracks and reports any large objects likely to cause damage on the ground.

It would be interesting to see video taken from other provinces to see what the angle of approach was and the direction it was headed.

All depends on the position of the viewer. (see previous reports)

In Bangkok it appears to be almost 90 degrees but from another viewpoint it could have been much less than 90 degrees.

Meteorites approaching the earth at 90 degrees usually burn up in the upper atmosphere or way before they become visible.

So if this one was entering the atmosphere at about 90 degrees then it must have been fairly large to have penetrated so far before burning up and/or exploding.

Imagine getting hit by one of these objects while you're in passenger jet at 30,000 ft ?

I was playing golf in Hua Hin and saw this as it plunged to earth. The flight path appeared to be almost north to south - I was facing almost due north when I saw it and the very very bright 'head' was a brilliant white hot blue colour. I would hazard a guess that from my position it was about 15-20 degrees above the horizon when it burnt out.

I have been lucky enough to have seen a large meteorite on two other occasions, both in the UK with this same characteristic colour, which I understand it gets from the metal content vapourising. The vapour trail was visible for minutes afterwards. A really spectacular sight to witness.

My golfing partners; who didn't witness this, were very sceptical when I told them I was 99% certain that it was a meteorite that I'd seen.

The 'usual shooting star' that a lot of people see when the annual Persiod shower is in evidence are said to be extremely small grain like objects, but this was much much bigger to have caused such a brilliant display. I wouldn't be surprised if parts of this are found sometime in the future.

www.krschannel.com/nibiru-.html

Nibiru cataclysm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_cataclysm

AN ENORMOUS ASTEROID 'will' smash into earth on 26 August 2032 with a force 50 times greater than the most powerful nuclear bomb, it was claimed http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/437733/ The-end-of-the-world-IS-nigh-Huge-asteroid-will-hit-earth-in-2032-claim-astronomers

I wonder what edition of Rocky and Starwars I will miss... That REALLY makes me upset - thinking about this missed Rocky and Starwars movies. DANG!!!

Nearly 1 hours later and in broad daylight with a defined trajectory and still nothing definitive to report. There would of course be evidence of such an occurrence however Thailand has trouble with things like evidence.

Thailand at it's best

I've seen one like this before, and what truly may be the case, is that it was so far away it missed Earth.

This can be the case. They are called Earth grazers and NASA often releases videos of them taken from satellites. This one looked a little closer to home though.

A meteor exploded over Russia some time back and leveled several square miles of forest. The headline is only marginally sensationalism. The object blew up over Kanchanaburi, many miles from downtown.

It could have been quite a disaster nonetheless.

i saw it from Jomtien, or maybe it was another one. Heading Northwest and going down 45 degrees to horizon. No smoke, just a long thin trail of flame burning blue (like an oxy-acetelene torch) at the head.i thought it might have been a flare but was going too fast for that. Probably about 2 or 3 seconds before it disappeared behind a building.

Did you check behind the building ?

www.krschannel.com/nibiru-.html

Nibiru cataclysm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_cataclysm

AN ENORMOUS ASTEROID 'will' smash into earth on 26 August 2032 with a force 50 times greater than the most powerful nuclear bomb, it was claimed http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/437733/ The-end-of-the-world-IS-nigh-Huge-asteroid-will-hit-earth-in-2032-claim-astronomers

Too late... The movie's already been made.

The meteorite which struck the Thai sky over Kanchanaburi province on September 7th was the biggest this year...the impact when the meteorite hit the Earth’s atmosphere was equal to the explosion of 3.9 kilotonnes of TNT or one quarter of the explosive force of the atomic bomb which was dropped on Hiroshima.
More here:
http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/september-7-fireball-the-biggest-ever-seen-this-year (14/09/15)

Honestly this is the most interesting thing i saw since i started my second time around here. All the other stuff, when i see live then in the world press, like protests etc. seems like nonsense. This is real and i feel glad i saw it live. Its just an insignificant event for mother earth, but nonetheless...

Archived