Fortuna flips at Bophut traffic lights

webfact

Fortuna flips at Bophut traffic lights

car-flipped-in-Bophut-169x300.png

KOH SAMUI: -- At around 8-45am this morning a Toyota Fortuna flipped onto its side at the Bophut traffic lights. An eye witness told the Samui Times that it appeared that the car was attempting to turn right into the Fishermans village when another car clipped it, possibly while attempting to go straight on in the right hand lane.

The incident happened directly outside the Bophut police booth and only a few hundred yards from the Samui rescue station so both police and ambulance were on the scene in seconds. So far there have been no reports of any serious injuries from the incident.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-09-07

When reporting on accidents, why do reporters here switch to ergative verbs or have the vehicle as the subject of the sentence. e.g. the Fortuner flipped. The car went out of control.

I would bet the subject of the verb "flip" would be far more appropriate if it referred to the person at the controls.

When reporting on accidents, why do reporters here switch to ergative verbs or have the vehicle as the subject of the sentence. e.g. the Fortuner flipped. The car went out of control.

I would bet the subject of the verb "flip" would be far more appropriate if it referred to the person at the controls.

Because that would mean someone would be to blame or have to take personal responsibility for their actions. Not allowed.

Soon should be a thing of the past, Toyota are working flat out on driver less cars.

The cars are driverless now

Just put a Thai behind the wheel and watch what he does

Text, talk on phone , read papers, look at the shops, and my favourite

PICK his or her nose

Obviously attempting to turn the corner at a speed greater than 3 metres per minute.

If you had read the OP you would have realised there was another car involved, that clipped the overturned car...

Right turns in a country with extremely poor driving standards is suicidal, being taught to drive by a professional instructor I recall one of the first things I was told "Read the Road Ahead", anticipate the actions of vehicles in front, but in Thailand it seems no one has told drivers they actually need to look out their windscreen...

Just a thought, but @1900hrs yesterday a tow truck in 'vitara' livery went past me on the ring road in Maenam towing what I thought was this truck. The veh being towed had clearly rolled and had all it's windows smashed, however some windows in these pictures appear intact. Given the time frame it's conceivable that a similar accident might have happened elsewhere that has yet to be reported!

Soon should be a thing of the past, Toyota are working flat out on driver less cars.

PICK his or her nose

and at the same time your car is driverless because you are watching other drivers, not concentrating on your vehicle.

Obviously attempting to turn the corner at a speed greater than 3 metres per minute.

If you had read the OP you would have realised there was another car involved, that clipped the overturned car...

Right turns in a country with extremely poor driving standards is suicidal, being taught to drive by a professional instructor I recall one of the first things I was told "Read the Road Ahead", anticipate the actions of vehicles in front, but in Thailand it seems no one has told drivers they actually need to look out their windscreen...

Your awesome, thanks for the driving lesson.

PICK his or her nose

At last as bad are the tourists on motorbikes they have no idea how to ride. Stop dead in the middle of the road, taking selfies while driving constantly changing their speed and position in the road on top of all the stuff the Thais do

Archived