UK Passport Renewals Thailand

We offer a UK passport renewal service in Thailand :

• No need to travel to Bangkok
  • First time child applications & renewals
  • We will submit & collect your new British passport
  • Service fee is 5000 THB , the applicant must pay the passport application fees

Contact Paul at Thai Visa Express 0801022328.

Can you give us some details of the service, do you perform any verification that the application will actually pass muster?

Yes, I'm interest in using the service, it would cost me significantly more to make the application in person than the service fee.

By the way, those of us who hold multiple UK passports must submit a justification letter each time they renew any of the passports (got caught by that one last time).

In particular, can you please clarify how your service will cope with the HMPO requirement for the With-It Tower Mob to see the original of the passport being renewed, both at the application stage (despite it not then needing to be sent to Liverpool) and again when the replacement passport is ready for collection (so that they can then perform the onerous task of snipping off the corners of the old passport)?

What worried me is that users of your service could, in practice, find themselves without any means of passport identification for several weeks – which might thus land them in hot water were they during this period to get pulled over by the BIB or required to produce their passport by a bank, hospital, etc.

In particular, can you please clarify how your service will cope with the HMPO requirement for the With-It Tower Mob to see the original of the passport being renewed, both at the application stage (despite it not then needing to be sent to Liverpool) and again when the replacement passport is ready for collection (so that they can then perform the onerous task of snipping off the corners of the old passport)?

What worried me is that users of your service could, in practice, find themselves without any means of passport identification for several weeks – which might thus land them in hot water were they during this period to get pulled over by the BIB or required to produce their passport by a bank, hospital, etc.

When we submit we need the original passport, once the passport is ready for collection we present your original passport which VFS snip the corner off.

We then return your new passport & your old passport to the applicant , current processing is 10 - 15 days.

The requirements are :

• 2 x passport photos
  • A document with the applicants address
  • OS Passport form duly signed & completed

All passports are sent to Liverpool passport office & returned to VFS Bangkok for collection.

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

When we submit we need the original passport, once the passport is ready for collection we present your original passport which VFS snip the corner off.

We then return your new passport & your old passport to the applicant , current processing is 10 - 15 days.

The requirements are :

• 2 x passport photos

All passports are sent to Liverpool passport office & returned to VFS Bangkok for collection.

Yes, the current UK passport application procedure is sent via VSF to Liverpool and then Liverpool sent the new passport back to VSF and applicants will then select it from the VSF office..

While still in Bangkok applicants can go to the UK Consulate inside the UK Embassy and they will confirm via letter the new passport procedure and the Immigration office will then accept the new passport and together with old passport they will enter the required matters in the new passport..

The passport confirmation letter from the UK Consulate can also be done online via email .

The requirements are :

• 2 x passport photos

According to the checklist at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/342795/Supportingdocs2AUG2014.PDF you will presumably also require full colour copies of (1) the passport being renewed (in addition to the original passport), and (2) any uncancelled non-British passport (in the case of dual nationals), will you not?

On a completely separate matter, do you also provide a service for Thai nationals wishing to apply for Schengen visas from the French Embassy?

So (and contrary to Thai law) if I am reading this correctly, one will be without the passport for the entire processing time? sad.png

Which negates the special dispensation for Thailand of not sending the original passport with the application.

• Service fee is 5000 THB , the applicant must pay the passport application fees

If you do not have a UK address is the Thai address satisfactory?

If you do not have a UK address is the Thai address satisfactory?

Yes

So (and contrary to Thai law) if I am reading this correctly, one will be without the passport for the entire processing time? sad.png

Which negates the special dispensation for Thailand of not sending the original passport with the application.

TVE's post #4 is a little confusing, because apart from the bit which you quote above, his last sentence says -

"All passports are sent to Liverpool passport office & returned to VFS Bangkok for collection."

Does that really mean "passports" or applications"? If it's applications, then presumably the expiring passport remains in TVE's keeping unless the applicant makes a total of four trips to TVE's office so that he can take back the passport after the initial application and return it for cancellation when the new passport is ready for collection - ok if you live in Pattaya, less so if you're coming from further away.

The requirement to carry your passport at all times has been debated ad nauseam on this forum, and it's not something that particularly bothers me. However, a little clarification on the above would be appreciated, also about how the application fee is to be paid. I'm not desperately keen to put my credit/debit card details on a form and hand it to a third party.

TVE's post #4 is a little confusing, because apart from the bit which you quote above, his last sentence says -

"All passports are sent to Liverpool passport office & returned to VFS Bangkok for collection."

Does that really mean "passports" or applications"? If it's applications, then presumably the expiring passport remains in TVE's keeping unless the applicant makes a total of four trips to TVE's office so that he can take back the passport after the initial application and return it for cancellation when the new passport is ready for collection - ok if you live in Pattaya, less so if you're coming from further away.

The requirement to carry your passport at all times has been debated ad nauseam on this forum, and it's not something that particularly bothers me. However, a little clarification on the above would be appreciated, also about how the application fee is to be paid. I'm not desperately keen to put my credit/debit card details on a form and hand it to a third party.

Applications they dont send your existing passport only colour copies

On the payment they tell you what they will accept, if you dont want to do it you will not be getting your pp then...its that simple