evisa offers longer tourist stay than consulate in chiang mai, thailand

Is that all they offer, a 14 day tourist visa, even though the standard worldwide is 28 days?

I've applied for and received Myanmar tourist visas at the following embassies/consulates and always got 28 days.

Bangkok - embassy

Kunming - consulate

Canberra - embassy

Vientiane - embassy

Can you check that information again, perhaps posting a link or a picture here?

I stopped by the Consulate in Chiang Mai a second time after contacting the Evisa program and the official at the customer service window repeated I could only get a two week tourist visa even though Evisa stated tourist length of stay was 28 days

(basically, dismissed my question and handed me a lengthy visa instruction to read). I tried unsuccessfully to contact the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok by phone and email for clarification, but no response. Quite disappointing, since the new consulate is in a convenient location and visa processing is completed quickly.

The Myanmar Embassy London website states their Tourist Visa is good for a 4 week from date of arrival.

The Myanmar Embassy United States website states their Tourist Visa (paper-based):

Duration of stay in Myanmar is 28 days from the date of arrival. It is not extendable.

Tourist Visa is valid for (3) months from the date of issue.

The Myanmar Embassy Bangkok website pdf states:

"Entry Tourist Visa is valid for 1 month, starting from the date of issue. The duration of stay is four weeks starting from the date of arrival."

Interesting that the newly opened Myanmar Consulate in Chiang Mai would state a different duration.

Archived