HDMI Port Not Responding

jamie2009

windows 10 still buggy..

many are scrambling for drivers, etc. Also there are issues with VPN's and lord knows what else will pop up. I would suggest reading this link, as it is probably driver related.

http://wind8apps.com/hdmi-output-problems-windows-10/

good luck....waiting for more bugs to show up and get resolved before I give up my "working perfectly" windows 7.

As mentioned, try taking a look at the HP Support Website and see if they have published Video Drivers specific to your Pavilion version and Windows 10.

If not, try installing the 8.1 Video Drivers.

One issue I've found is that Microsoft can only redistribute code they are provided under agreement.

Sometimes Drivers require "bundled application suites" to fully function, and it's best if you get those direct from the PC manufacturer or company that produces the module.

So far with 10 I've had issues with Audio, Bluetooth, Card Readers, Chipset, and the soft enable/disable for Bluetooth/WiFi.

Audio required Dolby Drivers and bundled application code

Bluetooth required a 'stack' to interact with my other toys

Chipset and Cardreader I really don't know why Microsoft couldn't identity. I did a Google search. Why can't Microsoft to a google search? (rhetorical question)

AC3 drivers I always need to independently find and load, but doesn't everybody?

My ACER also has a keyboard monitor for the Fn function keys that do popup Enable/Disable, and let the MultiMedia keys work so I needed to make sure that was in.

Since my ACER is four years old there are no Windows 10 specific drivers, so I had to use the Window 8.1 versions to make sure the 'bundled software' portions were installed, then let (as if I had a choice) Windows 10 Update replace the drivers with their preferred versions.

So my laptop now has most of the functionality that it originally came with under Windows 7 (minus an Microsoft DVD Player or Media Center -- that I don't use as I'm a GOM and Kodi guy).

Anyway, that's the way I did it ...your experience may vary.

Do HP say that your particular model supports Windows 10?

I assume it would do as it was preloaded with Windows 8.1, the HDMI thing wasn't the only issue, a few other programmes wouldn't run/load, reinstalled 8.1 every thing back to normal.

I down loaded it from a link from aThai Visa member ? Think I will revert back to 8.1, just watched a video of how Microsoft can spy on your computer, scary, tried to upload the video from Facebook but can't do it.

Watch this video, might make you think twice about installing Windows 10

I down loaded it from a link from aThai Visa member ? Think I will revert back to 8.1, just watched a video of how Microsoft can spy on your computer, scary, tried to upload the video from Facebook but can't do it.

Watch this video, might make you think twice about installing Windows 10

Apologies link won't paste ?

Do HP say that your particular model supports Windows 10?

I assume it would do as it was preloaded with Windows 8.1, the HDMI thing wasn't the only issue, a few other programmes wouldn't run/load, reinstalled 8.1 every thing back to normal.

Did you upgrade to Win 10 or do a clean install?

I had driver problems when I just installed it, they were solved by upgrading.

I think it will pull in the existing drivers if it sees them.

Microsoft has contiuously strived to close numerous security issues with their products. We have seen thousands of "updates and fixes". Whenever they "upgrade" to a new version of windows...what you are actually getting is the same damn thing with a few bells and whistles...and a complilation of all their bloated security fixes, and services. These security fixes and "updates" actually make some software obsolete....and I am not referring to everyday "Office" or "browser" or "game" software..... I am referring to privacy...and "hacking" software. Software that some of us found useful, for our own purposes, but which now cannot be used because of security flaws in windows...and their damn security fixes.

Like a bunch of Lemmings...we chase each other off the Bill Gates cliff, and lose more and more privacy to Microsoft. It would come to no surprise if they have been bought off by "Agencies" looking for ways to track the usage of the Internet.

Two large choices (Apple..whom I despise for their lockdown of their hardware)...and Linux (a bit of a curve..but once you get the hang, it is like taking ten snooping monkeys off your back)

In closing....windows 7 is the best, and most versatile windows still available. There is absolutely no gain in Windows 10....it is only a compilated, bloaded, lead tourist ship that has been patched for 20 years or more...and repackaged. The patches have made old drivers obsolete..so we are like rats trying to grab onto the side of the ship..and scramble back on....only for the captain and crew to put us in little cages. Windows 8 seems now to be a "gimmick" ..to shove windows 10 down our throats. Google reviews on windows 8 8....it was basically a failure....same as vista.

All versions of Windoze have had more bugs than spring time in Vermont, going back 30 years... W10 is no exception... The most stable desktop flavor was XP... I should know, I've been a MCSE, MCSD and MCA since the certifications were created...

You want stability, wipe your Windoze partitions and install any flavor of Unix or Linux...

Archived