Football-obsessed Yangon fish seller makes entire staff wear Chelsea shirts

Jonathan Fairfield

Football-obsessed Yangon fish seller makes entire staff wear Chelsea shirts

By Coconuts Yangon September 8, 2015

specialone3.jpg

YANGON:-- Football fans are known for their die-hard loyalty to their teams, but it’s hard to beat the dedication of Yangon-based fish seller U Myint Lwin.

The forty-something boss asks his dock workers to don the blue uniform of Chelsea FC as if they were his private squad.

The manager's own, yellow, shirt is emblazed with the words: ‘The Special One’.

“Everyone needs to find some joy in life," he says. "For me that joy is watching football.”

Coconuts Yangon 2015.09.09

I simply cannot get over how grown men can get so excited about a football match. Don't get me wrong, I loved actually playing it when I was young and would not hesitate to play again but sitting watching a game, a "Fireside Sportsman" and people who pay money to fly all over bloody Europe just to see their stupid <deleted!> team play.. I mean come on who gives a s*** These morons are the same people that allow the players and bosses to live in multi million pound mansions and drive Maseratis laden with gold. Here is a case in point: Bunch of idiot fans see their fav player at the lights in the UK and they start yelling at him as if he were their hero.. his response "Load of <deleted!> losers" and he is right. Because there is no loyalty any more in the game where a player is part of a "Team" he does not care except how much cash he makes and will go anywhere. So like Seinfeld says "You are not rootin for the player but the shirt" Go red shirt!!! that's what your 60 quid is paying for next time you enter the gates.

Keep fit, enjoy a good screw with Noi and eat and live well and forget about a bloody stupid football game.

Not a "footballer" myself...but I love the enthusiasm and passion for the sport this guy has...even if you do like Chelsea...the uniforms spark conversation and build kinship among those who love the sport...kudos to the fish seller...(no, what he did does not stink like dead fish)wai2.gif

My brother in law wanted to be rich, he thought

by buying a small franchise it could be the start,

he finally bought a chicken hamburger shop that

was breaking even, with his big mouth he outlined

how he was going to turn over 1 million dollars by

the first year of trade,,,, so here we go.

As an avid football fan, the first thing he

did was paint the shop red and gold and

put up posters and paraphernalia of

English soccer teams, after 6 months his

takings were reduced by 50%, by the end

of the year there were no customers and

could not pay the bank loan, my sister

stepped in, fired the husband, put the

shop back how it was and after 1 year made

a profit then sold the business,, what is it

with people and soccer, i don't get it and i

don't care for it.