Just went down to 5☆Visa Runs and Lady Said All Border Runs are Suspended Til Oct.1sr

Nice Boyd

Another report from a different poster here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/855390-problems-with-thai-cambodia-border/

My friend have to return from the border today. Nobody could pass the border and they where told that all the landborders where closed. Only airplane was ok.
Anyone that knows whats going on. Could it be because of the bombing and bribes at the landborder before ?

Another report from visarunner http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/855393-thai-cambodian-border-check-point-and-kanchanaburi-check-point/

Breaking News! Every Thai-Cambodian border check point and Kanchanaburi border check point will not stamp, for the time being, 15 or 30 day visa waiver stamp, effective 12th September 2015 onwards. People with valid Multiple Entry Thai Visa have no problem, it is OK to activate your second or third entry of a Tourist Visa or a valid Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Visa.

This is from ThaiVisaService.

Why would people want to do visa runs every 30 days when you can just fly in and get a 3 month or even multi entry visa, I can't imagine if I would have to leave the country every 30 days, what a job is that!

Many people with multiple-entry visas need to do a "visa run" every 3 months and like it or not a day-trip from Pattaya to Cambodia in a minivan is generally cheaper and easier than going to BKK and flying to a nearby country. I did it myself a couple of times prior to getting my retirement extension.

Also many people simply dont have the means to get a retirement extension or a Thai Elite visa, or dont qualify.

I expect that this clampdown is just the thin end of the wedge and that "facilitated" retirement extensions will be next on the list. The advertising for these is so flagrant that someone is bound to react to it at some point.

Why would people want to do visa runs every 30 days when you can just fly in and get a 3 month or even multi entry visa, I can't imagine if I would have to leave the country every 30 days, what a job is that!

Many people with multiple-entry visas need to do a "visa run" every 3 months and like it or not a day-trip from Pattaya to Cambodia in a minivan is generally cheaper and easier than going to BKK and flying to a nearby country. I did it myself a couple of times prior to getting my retirement extension.

Also many people simply dont have the means to get a retirement extension or a Thai Elite visa, or dont qualify.

I expect that this clampdown is just the thin end of the wedge and that "facilitated" retirement extensions will be next on the list. The advertising for these is so flagrant that someone is bound to react to it at some point.

Ah yes of course, multiple entry is multiple entries lol. Only thought about those easy 30 day visas.

I know some people that stay here on a pension that don't have the 800k baht, living here on a small pension, actually I think they would be better off in their own country but well, will be very hard for them to stay here if they have to depend on tourist visas. A story that I heard quite often is that they had a girl/boyfriend in Thailand for like 5-15 years, then they moved over to live here and within 3-12 months the relationship was over. You know the kind of people that used to come here once or twice a year for a few weeks with a good stack of holiday money. Kind of expected that such relationships won't last when they have to live here off a 40-50k baht pension, though still sad of course.

Not really sure why they clampdown so much on this whole visa thing, no matter how you look at it, the foreigner has at least 4-5 times more to spend than an uneducated local so it's all money coming in and can't say those oldies cause much trouble.

Ah yes of course, multiple entry is multiple entries lol. Only thought about those easy 30 day visas.

I know some people that stay here on a pension that don't have the 800k baht, living here on a small pension, actually I think they would be better off in their own country but well, will be very hard for them to stay here if they have to depend on tourist visas. A story that I heard quite often is that they had a girl/boyfriend in Thailand for like 5-15 years, then they moved over to live here and within 3-12 months the relationship was over. You know the kind of people that used to come here once or twice a year for a few weeks with a good stack of holiday money. Kind of expected that such relationships won't last when they have to live here off a 40-50k baht pension, though still sad of course.

Not really sure why they clampdown so much on this whole visa thing, no matter how you look at it, the foreigner has at least 4-5 times more to spend than an uneducated local so it's all money coming in and can't say those oldies cause much trouble.

The (Cambodian) border running clampdown is all to do with bent immigration officials letting in (and possibly out) suspects related to the recent BKK bombing.

The (Cambodian) border running clampdown is all to do with bent immigration officials letting in (and possibly out) suspects related to the recent BKK bombing.

Do you have any proof of that statement, or is that just your opinion ?

Is it a clamp down only on Cam bo borders, or is that just your opinion ?

Is it only Cam bo border Officials that are bent, or is that just your opinion ?

I would think its a bit late for this to be directly to do with the BKK bombing.

but you never know

More like the clamp downs we have seen in the past about 30 day stampers,, that's my opinion.

All a bit unfair, with no warning, think it has dropped a load of people in the do-do

TIT

There's an article on Phuketwan about immigration officials all over Thailand being targeted for corruption investigations, and the reported cause is the recent bombings and how some of the suspects may have been able to leave/enter the country without correct documentation.

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-thailand-immigration-offices-probed-corruption-23180/

There's an article on Phuketwan about immigration officials all over Thailand being targeted for corruption investigations, and the reported cause is the recent bombings and how some of the suspects may have been able to leave/enter the country without correct documentation.

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-thailand-immigration-offices-probed-corruption-23180/

Fair enough

In that case, think we will see some very unfriendly behaviour

of immigration officers, to us all in the next few months.

Officials don't like to loose face. wai2.gif

Archived