Thai-Cambodian Border Check Point and Kanchanaburi Check Point

Breaking News! Every Thai-Cambodian border check point and Kanchanaburi border check point will not stamp, for the time being, 15 or 30 day visa waiver stamp, effective 12th September 2015 onwards. People with valid Multiple Entry Thai Visa have no problem, it is OK to activate your second or third entry of a Tourist Visa or a valid Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Visa.

This is from ThaiVisaService.

It seems there was mass confusion today from info I have received.

Ban Laem was allowing those with valid visas to cross. Others were not allowing any out/in crossings.

Some visa run companies just turned around without anybody trying.

Perhaps the dust will settle and things will be clearer tomorrow.

• Like 1

It seems there was mass confusion today from info I have received.

Ban Laem was allowing those with valid visas to cross. Others were not allowing any out/in crossings.

Some visa run companies just turned around without anybody trying.

Perhaps the dust will settle and things will be clearer tomorrow.

Maybe Monday UJ

The one closest to Chantaburi didn't let anyone cross and come back. Not even the people with multiple non O visa. My friend went there today.

So everyone needs to fly out, wow that's one way to generate more revenue for the airports and in 1 blow wipe out alot of the Visa Run industry whistling.gif

Edited by MJCM

The one closest to Chantaburi didn't let anyone cross and come back. Not even the people with multiple non O visa. My friend went there today.

He probably went to Ban Pakard (Palin), If he had gone a bit further to Ban Laem he would of been able to do it,

So everyone needs to fly out, wow that's one way to generate more revenue for the airports and in 1 blow wipe out alot of the Visa Run industry whistling.gif

Nothing official has been stated that it has to be done by air.

People were able to cross at Ban Laem if they had valid visa.

As part of the confusion a lot of people just didn't bother to try today.

Nothing official has been stated that it has to be done by air.

People were able to cross at Ban Laem if they had valid visa.

As part of the confusion a lot of people just didn't bother to try today.

Probably not official. But that's what immigration told everyone at the border where my friend went. Only people flying can go out and come back.

But I'm sure that border will also allow people with multiple visa in a couple of days..

What about the other borders? Laos, Burma, Malaysia?

• Like 1

I did't think about it then but a Cameroonian I know said already last week that Cameroonians had to fly to Cambodia from September 1st as the land border was closed because of the bombings. I thought she was joking because I was going to Laos later that day for my visa. Now it seems that she was right...

What is the reasoning for this please ?

Is there further information available especially as this is a weekend.

Many people could be up the creek without a paddle.

Not really.

The only people that should use a Visa Exempt entry should be someone arriving here for stay of less than 30 days.

If they are a tourist planning on a longer stay than they should get a Tourist Visa (double or triple entry).

For work, study, marriage, retirement, there are easy options for them.

If working or staying illegally, clear off.

Thanks.

Good to get this info. and look forward to updates on it.

We called several visa run companies 2 hours ago, because we need to open our second part of double entry-tourist visa before 16th of September, and were planing to go to Cambodia on 14th September. Both companies said only Laos now. After some time one company called back and said to wait tommorow, may be tommorow information will be more clear, and it wil be allowed to cross Cambodian border for people with valid visas only (open 2d part of tourist visas, etc.) If now, on 14th we need to go to Lao, it our last chance to open second part of our visas. Its really awful! We were not planing to go to La and have plans(((

I take it those who were turned back will not be fined for overstaying? Let me take a guess at this one...

I see no reason why an immigration officer should prevent a foreigner from leaving Thailand and stamping his passport accordingly, unless there is an order to arrest or detain the foreigner for a specific reason, in which case it would be the duty of the government agency holding him to arrange for any necessary extension of stay.

What is the reasoning for this please ?

My uneducated guess is that this is a protest action following the public announcement by the police chief that some immigration officials are corrupt and even have allowed some foreigners, against payment of a bribe, to enter Thailand without keeping a record and without stamping the foreigners' passports.

• Like 1

I take it those who were turned back will not be fined for overstaying? Let me take a guess at this one...

I see no reason why an immigration officer should prevent a foreigner from leaving Thailand and stamping his passport accordingly, unless there is an order to arrest or detain the foreigner for a specific reason, in which case it would be the duty of the government agency holding him to arrange for any necessary extension of stay.

They aren't barred from leaving, they are not allowed to reenter, and told as such.

Leaving is no problem. But they won't be coming back in overland.

The one exception to this is likely Phu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi. The Burmese visa stamp doesn't allow entry into great Burma (I believe), plus the infrastructure isn't really there. So they likely cannot allow them back into Thailand, and they will be stuck in the middle of no where Burma. So tell them to leave by some other point.

I was on an ED Visa that expired on 30th July, i went to Pong Nam Rong border check point and was told that i could not leave at that check point and that i should leave Thailand from Suvhanabum airport only.

This automatically put me on overstay and by the time i could arrange a flight out, i ended up on paying six days overstay fine at the airport.

My experience proves that the rules are NOT clear or consistent from one border check point to the next each border interpreted the rules differently.

• Like 1

I was on an ED Visa that expired on 30th July, i went to Pong Nam Rong border check point and was told that i could not leave at that check point and that i should leave Thailand from Suvhanabum airport only.

This automatically put me on overstay and by the time i could arrange a flight out, i ended up on paying six days overstay fine at the airport.

My experience proves that the rules are NOT clear or consistent from one border check point to the next each border interpreted the rules differently.

Did you get the refusal of a departure stamp in writing, for example a note to that effect written in your passport? If not, the immigration officer acted illegally, abused his authority.