Thai-Cambodian Border Check Point and Kanchanaburi Check Point

What is the reasoning for this please ?

My uneducated guess is that this is a protest action following the public announcement by the police chief that some immigration officials are corrupt and even have allowed some foreigners, against payment of a bribe, to enter Thailand without keeping a record and without stamping the foreigners' passports.

I think you could be right Maestro, its all about I.O. loosing face.

We are going to see a lot of changers in the Immigration system in the coming months. coffee1.gif

I was on an ED Visa that expired on 30th July, i went to Pong Nam Rong border check point and was told that i could not leave at that check point and that i should leave Thailand from Suvhanabum airport only.

This automatically put me on overstay and by the time i could arrange a flight out, i ended up on paying six days overstay fine at the airport.

My experience proves that the rules are NOT clear or consistent from one border check point to the next each border interpreted the rules differently.

Did you get the refusal of a departure stamp in writing, for example a note to that effect written in your passport? If not, the immigration officer acted illegally, abused his authority.

Immigration officers abuse their authority all the time, many stories on TV about it.coffee1.gif

What is the reasoning for this please ?

Is there further information available especially as this is a weekend.

Many people could be up the creek without a paddle.

Not really.

The only people that should use a Visa Exempt entry should be someone arriving here for stay of less than 30 days.

If they are a tourist planning on a longer stay than they should get a Tourist Visa (double or triple entry).

For work, study, marriage, retirement, there are easy options for them.

If working or staying illegally, clear off.

Thanks.

Good to get this info. and look forward to updates on it.

Rubbish you response is flawed,I've entered the kingdom numerous times and stayed in excess of 80 days entering on a visa exemption and extending at immigration in the kingdom.

Also there is currently no law regarding the amount of times foreign nationals can enter the kingdom on visa exemptions.

Not so long ago members of G7 nations were gifted the 30 days as opposed to 15 at land borders so this is a complete knee jerk reaction.

Not forgetting that it's possible to extend a visa exemption for 30 days also for various nationalities.

Speculation would be that they want to stop visa running processes for the time being, possibly due to concerns about entry into Thailand after the recent bombing.

And it could be one step in responding to the police chief's request, with more to follow.

Police chief asks the prime minister to clean up the immigration police bureau

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/854984-thai-police-chief-asks-pm-prayut-to-clean-up-the-immigration-police-bureau/?utm_source=newsletter-20150911-0748&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news