My first visit here,

FiveStarVagabond

I will try a comment.

An art critic could see this as the 4 guys sitting drinking beers have a neon sign in front of them stating they are suckers ( as in people who make foolish choices) for being there and doing what they do there.

As in there is a sucker born every minute.

I will try a comment.

An art critic could see this as the 4 guys sitting drinking beers have a neon sign in front of them stating they are suckers ( as in people who make foolish choices) for being there and doing what they do there.

As in there is a sucker born every minute.

Or perhaps there is something going on underneath the table, and those would be the real suckers. Then again, perhaps we are the suckers, for going to the link?

The beauty is...we have three ways to look at this...Sucker, Suckee, or just Sucks.

hey daffy (your name is too long to repeat..but I guess you knew that anyway>>) I like this shot is has depth, contrast, interesting content..and tells a story..I have no idea about techs of taking pics..but my eye sees and my heart likes..that is why we are here ..:)

• 2 months later...

There are 5 guys in the original pic in the forefront. This is how I would have probably cropped the pic, it brings the stairs and girl in the tight alley into the equation. I'm a complete photography amateur and please check out my website too haha! www.bangkok112.com Happy snapping :)

post-230066-0-48426600-1448699044_thumb.

Thanks, I prefer the crop. I had to acknowledge a warning before I could answer your comment, a couple of weeks ago I was suspended for 24 hours for showing a link to my blog. Things have not changed much in 60 years, I remember at school I used to have to stand facing the corner for being naughty, same rules here it seems. :)

Thanks, I prefer the crop. I had to acknowledge a warning before I could answer your comment, a couple of weeks ago I was suspended for 24 hours for showing a link to my blog. Things have not changed much in 60 years, I remember at school I used to have to stand facing the corner for being naughty, same rules here it seems. smile.png

No worries, happy snapping Mr Vagabond :) There is a tendency to overthink with photography IMO. People get caught up with gear and settings too much, the only thing that matters is the actual image. Your pic taken behind the guys with the suckers sign gives so much more than the normal generic cliched shots that everyone has seen a million times before. Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about your problems with the forum moderators.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I prefer the crop. I had to acknowledge a warning before I could answer your comment, a couple of weeks ago I was suspended for 24 hours for showing a link to my blog. Things have not changed much in 60 years, I remember at school I used to have to stand facing the corner for being naughty, same rules here it seems. smile.png

I actually enjoyed looking at your blog....especially the Brazilian pics!

As for the suspension,was nothing to do with me,but I can understand why it was enforced!

Maybe a better solution, would be to add your blog (and any other sites you would like to show) to your profile page,then just redirect people there?

Hi Mr Expatbrit, just to clarify my point of view, I don't claim my photo is anything special, it just tickles my sense of humour. Many brits also have a sense of humour but some don't, easy to see which category you are in. smile.png

I'll also try and cope with the disappointment of you not checking out my fabulous travel blog (although it won't be easy), plus I'll continue to visit the U.K. every year and persevere with my "very average tourist type snap shots".

Perhaps you may condescend to post one of your above average snap shots to help me improve my photography. Oh no forget, I'm quite comfortable being very average.

Just to nark you here is another very average snap shot, I really do love London. smile.png

post-213922-0-87517800-1449632077_thumb.

Archived