Group dinner recommendation

bigbadthaijohn

Hi all,

I need to organize a dinner for around 17 people next month. This is a welcome dinner for a group who will be working on a social program here in the north. They are all new to Thailand.

In the past, we've taken them to see a khantoke dinner show, but I feel that the value and quality of most of the shows has gone down.

So can anyone recommend a good restaurant for a large group? Looking for a Thai restaurant. Could be a buffet.

I'm based in CR, so I can't go around and check out the restaurants myself.

Any advice is appreciated.

BBTJ

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

A large group of us (12) had a fun night about a year ago for a friends birthday at Dash on Moon Muang soi 2.

Beautiful building. The thai food's a tad over priced for what it is but the presentation and tableware are top notch and these things cost money.

They also have live music with the restaurant's name sake Dash sitting in on a few songs if he's not too busy overseeing things.

A large group of us (12) had a fun night about a year ago for a friends birthday at Dash on Moon Muang soi 2.

Beautiful building. The thai food's a tad over priced for what it is but the presentation and tableware are top notch and these things cost money.

They also have live music with the restaurant's name sake Dash sitting in on a few songs if he's not too busy overseeing things.

You are right it is a beautiful building but the food has been appalling when I have visited. A hungry Thai girl left almost all her food. Unheard of. But it has been over two years since have been back. I hope you are right,and the food has improved.

Galae - Slightly better food, lovely and more natural setting, more open and great for non-rainy evenings, closes early (9 I think), and may not be serving alcohol due to the new 300m rule.

KhaoMao KhaoFang - Food's good, but not quite as good as Galae, interesting and lovely setting, but a little artificial and Disneyesque, ok for rainy evenings.

I've mostly given up analysing pros and cons of places and just go by 'vibe' (man). Galae wins on this score.

Big C Extra food court on superhighway. Great variety of Thai dishes at great price. Beer towers available. Push a few tables together. Shocked that no one suggested this or other food courts thumbsup.gif

And a great introduction to contemporary Thai culture.

Archived