Bomber blame game sees Thailand immigration abruptly change visa rules

webfact

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" the affected Thailand-Cambodia and Thailand-Myanmar border crossing received the instructions by telephone late Friday afternoon."

"and all are said to be affected, with local variations as to who can enter and who can not."

Ever heard of email? It makes for clear and explicit instructions.

To read and understand an email requires the recipient to:

1. Have access to a computer that is connected to the Internet

2. Be able to switch on that computer

3. Know which software can receive emails and be able to start that software

4. Have reading abilities advanced enough to understand the contents of the email

I wouldn't be to sure that any of these requirements are present with the staff of all the border crossings.

If you and your fellow travellers actually believe the above,you have learnt nothing in your time in Thailand.

Why do self important farangs always think this is aimed at them.I rekon it is just a matter of going on strike,in the ongoing battle with police, army and immigration.These are standard tactics of any workforce around the world,including immigration in Australia,which i had to deal with.You screw me,i'll screw you and we'll see what happens next.Farangs are a minor inconvenience,a blip on the radar,a mozzy bite on an elephants arse.This is aimed at the real migrant workers of Cambodia,so some one will get pissed off in Bangkok.If they wanted to take aim at farangs and tourism the airports would have been shut down.This is very Thai,minimum effect but point being made.Farangs can find many ways around this temporary tactic,Cambodians can't.

" the affected Thailand-Cambodia and Thailand-Myanmar border crossing received the instructions by telephone late Friday afternoon."

"and all are said to be affected, with local variations as to who can enter and who can not."

4. Have reading abilities advanced enough to understand the contents of the email

I wouldn't be to sure that any of these requirements are present with the staff of all the border crossings.

You forgot that the sender needs to have access to the same technology and abilities. If you send an email from Yahoo with too many recipients, you get flagged as a spammer. This must frustrate so many people in the Thai bureaucracy as none seem to have official email addresses. Must be part of that elusive Thainess we keep being told about.

They can't use gmail either, use to many addresses....bounce....nothing gets sent! What are tourists to do? They've booked tours, accomodation, flights etc.........say what? whistling.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgigglem.gifwai.gif

May i suggest,with a bit of lateral thinking,back to PP and fly somewhere,anywhere,even Bangkok.

I can understand this completely.... after 20 years of emailing... its unbelievable what you hear... i prepared my final test and gave an pre-test from the lesson in the book... and the students could not even comprehend the word "Subject" in the email address line(even i wrote on the board, "what your email is about")... only after translating it into Thai...they understood... i just can't believe how idiocy works here.

A good tradesman doesn't blame his tools.

Tourists must be searching for new reasons to be here at all.

That's why I left and most likely won't be coming back for any extended stay at least. I feel sick when I contribute money to their economy and their tourism bottom dollar when these idiotic, abhorrent offenses to tourists and thai people continue to happen unabated. The only thing they understand is money. So I choose not to contribute.

If you can't understand the rules,that is not immi's fault.

Archived