Body of Thai-British girl found in Bangkok canal

webfact

Body of Thai-British girl found in Bangkok canal

g.jpg

Image: Dailynews.co.th

BANGKOK:-- The body of a 13 year old Thai-British girl was found in a canal in the Sai Mai district of Bangkok on Sunday morning.

Police from Khanna Yao found the girl's body in the Aoopang Canal in Soi Jatuchod 10, after she had been reported missing on Saturday evening, reports Daily News.

The girl's mother revealed how she and some of her neighbours had searched the local area for her daughter when she failed to returned home after going out to play on Saturday.

Police have said they believe the cause of death to be drowning, stating the girl probably fell into the canal.

However, the girl’s mother told the Daily News, that her daughter was a good swimmer and therefore does not accept the police’s theory into the death of her daughter.

An autopsy is now being carried out to determine the cause of death.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-14

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pictures in the daily news show that the spot where the girl fell in to the canal has a meter safety high railing along the banks,

so can a 13 years old good swimmer fall over a high railing and die? there's more than meet the eye there.....

Jeez the cops here are a disgrace. How about investigate and try and piece together a scenario before putting forth the simplest theory imaginable that will absolve them from doing any further detective work.

RIP to the girl and condolences to her family. I couldn't imagine the pain of losing any of my kids. So sad :(

From the pixelated picture it appears the young lady was nude, My first thought this young lady was raped and murdered. Now how many thai girls go swimming nude in canals here in Bangkok? For that matter who would swim in any water in Bangkok?

The Thai article states that she was fully clothed but missing a shoe. It also states that there was no visible sign of rape.

Let's keep the speculation to a minimum please.

RIP.

Jeez the cops here are a disgrace. How about investigate and try and piece together a scenario before putting forth the simplest theory imaginable that will absolve them from doing any further detective work.

RIP to the girl and condolences to her family. I couldn't imagine the pain of losing any of my kids. So sad sad.png

I am no forensic expert but I believe that if there is water in the lungs (aspirated into the lungs) then drowning is likely cause. Otherwise, its likely she was dumped post mortem.

Very very sad.., for the Poor Girl.....

My first thoughts was that it was Anna Reece, but NO no doubt she will be speeding on the Roads of Thailand....., without a care in the world.....

I thought the same until reading on! I guess Justice will have to wait a bit longer.

A very sad early end to a young girls life RIP.

The pictures in the daily news show that the spot where the girl fell in to the canal has a meter safety high railing along the banks,

so can a 13 years old good swimmer fall over a high railing and die? there's more than meet the eye there.....

It's much more likely that it shows the spot where the girl was pulled out of the canal, bodies can drift, swimmers can swim remember.

a little early for the the police to have a cause of death. could be anything. RIP young girl.

i wonder if they sealed off the area around her body and looked for... oh never mind...

The police didn't say that they did know the cause, they had a belief about it but a postmortem was being performed.

From the pixelated picture it appears the young lady was nude, My first thought this young lady was raped and murdered. Now how many thai girls go swimming nude in canals here in Bangkok? For that matter who would swim in any water in Bangkok?

Pixelation obscures the photograph so how do you know that she was naked, do your eyes have the power to de-pixelate? Didn't think so, so keep your unwanted and insensitive speculation to yourself.

Here's a tip for you, click on the link and you will see that it is clear that she was fully clothed.

If you click on the article there is a picture that clearly shows that while one side of the canal is as you describe, the other side has a footpath next to the water with no railing at all.

The Thai article states that she was fully clothed but missing a shoe. It also states that there was no visible sign of rape.

Let's keep the speculation to a minimum please.

RIP.

Or, pixelated photo may be due to the fact that she's a young lady (under-aged)?

R.I.P.

Archived